Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah but once the aluminum is exposed it can lead to paint bubbling. Best to get it touched up.
This it is called oxidation on aluminum will start to turn like a greenish color and will cause the paint to bubble or if aluminum comes in contact with a different metal it will oxidize
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This it is called oxidation on aluminum will start to turn like a greenish color and will cause the paint to bubble or if aluminum comes in contact with a different metal it will oxidize
Yep. A fine example of this are some 2000 era Fords. They had a few models with aluminum hoods at that point. You'll see them bubbled up where rock chips were.

jdawg

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Atlas/65Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

RebelRebel

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess we are in the club that we don't want to be in. I am more than a little frustrated considering the cost of these. I went in knowing that there very well could be issues with a new line. But fit and finish .... come on.
I agree, to me there is no reason design should have allowed that little of wiggle room for the fender flares let alone the overall door. I'll be talking with the dealer to get it fixed, that is for sure.

Sponsored

RebelRebel

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

jdawg

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Atlas/65Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

First attempt at fixing. 4 Days in the shop 02-21 to 02-24. Body shop said they moved it as much as the adjustments would allow. Door is further away from fender, which is good. Still way too close to the rocker. Water is still not draining. They also did not fix all the paint issues. Door is starting to bubble the paint. Apparently they need to see what Ford says now. Good times. Documenting my adventures.

Ford Bronco Door Rubbing on the Body 1645735606905
Ford Bronco Door Rubbing on the Body IMG_0230

jdawg

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Atlas/65Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

First attempt at fixing. 4 Days in the shop 02-21 to 02-24. Body shop said they moved it as much as the adjustments would allow. Door is further away from fender, which is good. Still way too close to the rocker. Water is still not draining. They also did not fix all the paint issues. Door is starting to bubble the paint. Apparently they need to see what Ford says now. Good times. Documenting my adventures.

Car is back at the dealer to figure out what exactly is wrong. Is it the Body or the Door that is causing the issue? That is what they are checking at this point. When I dropped it off again it was already showing that it was still rubbing even after visually seeing that they were able to move it somewhat from the first visit. I was on vacation so it was only driven too and from the the dealer, from when they fixed it the last time. About 40 miles.

If this thing turns into a lemon I am going to loose my business. I can't have waited a 1- 1/2 years, put a few thousand down for over a year, and started to make payments all for a car that doesn't have a door that fits. I know I am being super negative at this point, but I have not been given much confidence. A Ford rep has been in continued contact (case number and all) but I feel that is just a thing in motion and not actual work being done to solve the issue. This is the exact car that I wanted and now it feel like it will always have this * by it. If it gets fixed.

It is hard to complain knowing people have yet to get their reservation filled. However, I would have waited a few extra months to have a door that just worked correctly.

jdawg

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Atlas/65Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Car is back at the dealer to figure out what exactly is wrong. Is it the Body or the Door that is causing the issue? That is what they are checking at this point. When I dropped it off again it was already showing that it was still rubbing even after visually seeing that they were able to move it somewhat from the first visit. I was on vacation so it was only driven too and from the the dealer, from when they fixed it the last time. About 40 miles.

If this thing turns into a lemon I am going to loose my business. I can't have waited a 1- 1/2 years, put a few thousand down for over a year, and started to make payments all for a car that doesn't have a door that fits. I know I am being super negative at this point, but I have not been given much confidence. A Ford rep has been in continued contact (case number and all) but I feel that is just a thing in motion and not actual work being done to solve the issue. This is the exact car that I wanted and now it feel like it will always have this * by it. If it gets fixed.

It is hard to complain knowing people have yet to get their reservation filled. However, I would have waited a few extra months to have a door that just worked correctly.
Dealer's body shop did fix this and it looks like they got it. Ford also stood by me the entire way and made sure to make it right. Even though I would have rather had it right from the get go, owning the issue and making things right brought me back to possibly getting another Ford in the future. Thanks Ford.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Take it back to your dealership and have them deal with it under a warranty.

Sponsored

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I checked the driver's side rear door on the Bronco that I drove at the Austin Off-Roadeo and it also had the same issue. This Bronco had 700 miles on it, give or take, and I think they said they put on about 10 miles per day. It would be real nice if Ford would issue a TSB for this issue.

Ford Bronco Door Rubbing on the Body 1E807CD2-6CBC-482A-BBEE-784A50A3E033_1_201_a

Ford Bronco Door Rubbing on the Body IMG_5076.JPG

74Bronc21

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After an email from one of our valued customers experiencing this issue, I can confirm, Dearborn, we have a problem. Both of the low to no mileage 2Ds in our showroom have signs of this starting. At rest they both have clearance and ASSume this is a result of vertical movement in the door while driving. Our body shop is going to adjust around on these but will add this to the "fix it" list along with the 2.7 cooler hose and other post manufacture inspections.

To be fair, body lines on both of these are no worse than any others that come in so no Mr. Obvious show here. Our FE has just a little, maybe, on the RR door and brother's 4D has nothing. We're going to try a couple things on these to see what gives us enough clearance without creating an issue with panel gap or body lines.

Note to body panel engineering team. Door skins and be about 3/16" shorter since the gap is not visible unless you're looking at it from rocker rail height.

Same issue with my two door. Took it to the dealer three weeks ago and I’m still waiting to hear back on when the arrangements are set with their body shop for a fix.

I never took the doors off. Fortunately I noticed the damage was noticed at receipt of the Bronco.

Got lucky that I noticed the scratch and misalignment on the drivers door. Definitely something for other 2 door owners to keep an eye on.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was with a bunch of 4 door Broncos this weekend, they all had it to some degree. Mine has it on both back doors, one worse then the other. Both door and body have paint chipped.

RebelRebel

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update on mine, I ended up taking it into Ford they’re paying to fix my doors and replace the PPF that I already installed on my car. I’m really pleased that they’re going above and beyond to fix the problem.
Sponsored