First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BadSquatch, 2021 JLUR, 2008 JK-X, 65 Elco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems like a grinder, flap wheel, and a little touch up paint should do the trick. Unless the other gaps on the door are all misaligned too, why would they be trying to move the whole door?
Sponsored

RebelRebel

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems like a grinder, flap wheel, and a little touch up paint should do the trick. Unless the other gaps on the door are all misaligned too, why would they be trying to move the whole door?
Yes they had to remove both the back doors and reposition them because they were completely out of alignment and then of course they have to redo the paint in all those areas.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've recently discovered I have some paint rubbed off on my driver side, 2D

DSRTR8D

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is it! Totally agree!

And for the folks talking about alignment, look, I live close to MAP and know someone who was putting on the doors at one time. He said the door either pops in place on installation or it doesnā€™tā€”no wiggle room there.

Now, maybe adjusting the strike plate / larching mechanism is the answer? But if not, grind and re-paint. Why take the time to remove the doors? Unless itā€™s misaligned to the point where thereā€™s a line of paint removed from the bottom of the jamb and the door, I donā€™t think removal is the way to go. Iā€™ve seen that happen with these, but the vast majority are the chip-in-the-corner issue.

jdawg

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Atlas/65Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is it! Totally agree!

And for the folks talking about alignment, look, I live close to MAP and know someone who was putting on the doors at one time. He said the door either pops in place on installation or it doesnā€™tā€”no wiggle room there.

Now, maybe adjusting the strike plate / larching mechanism is the answer? But if not, grind and re-paint. Why take the time to remove the doors? Unless itā€™s misaligned to the point where thereā€™s a line of paint removed from the bottom of the jamb and the door, I donā€™t think removal is the way to go. Iā€™ve seen that happen with these, but the vast majority are the chip-in-the-corner issue.
My rear door had to be shifted forward and up to be correctly aligned. Pretty sure just moving the latch/plate would not have fixed that. Fitment is subpar on these from my sample. Heck the hood doesn't even align with the fenders (not even bothering with that). Tell your buddy someone sucks at quality control.

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

my 4 door is going to the body shop tomorrow to get this (and one other paint issue) fixed. I went there last week to have them look at it and they might just try a rubber mallet or something to bend that low corner of the door out just a bit, I guess would have the same effect as the folded shop towels.
I'm fine with just touch up paint there, it's invisible enough that repainting more or less the entire door frame would be silly overkill IMO.

Hope they do a nice job, it's a body shop with a very good reputation that's been in business for decades, pretty sure they know what they're doing.

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nice! Mine is in the shop as we speak. They realigned the doors, and are fixing the paint entirely (the right way). Ford is also reimbursing me to get my ceramic coating redone. So overall, Iā€™m pretty happy with how they are handling it!

my 4 door is going to the body shop tomorrow to get this (and one other paint issue) fixed. I went there last week to have them look at it and they might just try a rubber mallet or something to bend that low corner of the door out just a bit, I guess would have the same effect as the folded shop towels.
I'm fine with just touch up paint there, it's invisible enough that repainting more or less the entire door frame would be silly overkill IMO.

Hope they do a nice job, it's a body shop with a very good reputation that's been in business for decades, pretty sure they know what they're doing.

omg_bbq

Black Diamond
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey all, I created a thread about my problem before realizing this one existed. I have the problem described in this thread about the door corners. In addition to that though I have this long long line of paint missing from the bottom of the front doors. I'm assuming same problem but another location. Check your doors too!

Photo
Ford Bronco Door Rubbing on the Body tempImage4IFHz9

Hulk-2Dr

Black Diamond
First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2DR 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi there! Send a private message to us with your VIN and the name & location of your Ford dealership, along with some more details about your situation. Iā€™ll look into this for you. Thank you!
i just found out that i have the same issue on my drivers side door, the bottom of the door is rubbing against the rocker and paint scraped off. I added a rubber washer on the bottom hinge of the door and it helped a little. this is a short term solution. The bottom hinge looks like platic and tapered to easily accept the door.

IMG_9472.jpg

omg_bbq

Black Diamond
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i just found out that i have the same issue on my drivers side door, the bottom of the door is rubbing against the rocker and paint scraped off. I added a rubber washer on the bottom hinge of the door and it helped a little. this is a short term solution. The bottom hinge looks like platic and tapered to easily accept the door.

Ford Bronco Door Rubbing on the Body IMG_9472
My truck just was in for this. Warrantied work 100%. Doors adjusted and repainted everywhere there was contact. Your mileage may vary but itā€™s worth a shot bringing it to your dealer.

Sponsored

Sharon82305

Badlands
First Name
Sharon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My truck just was in for this. Warrantied work 100%. Doors adjusted and repainted everywhere there was contact. Your mileage may vary but itā€™s worth a shot bringing it to your dealer.
what dealer warrantied yours? Iā€™ve been denied warranty repair by two dealerships for this same issue. First claim was April of 2022. Paint issue is a big problem now.

102BE2C4-37CE-458B-815E-A9AD899A47EF.jpeg

165562FE-6B4D-462D-8192-298003EDEBF5.jpeg

C3B54FA6-6820-4770-8BA3-6725D2B5C583.jpeg

6C156A27-391D-4D72-A8DB-723B9F2D6DC8.jpeg

jdawg

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Atlas/65Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

what dealer warrantied yours? Iā€™ve been denied warranty repair by two dealerships for this same issue. First claim was April of 2022. Paint issue is a big problem now.

Ford Bronco Door Rubbing on the Body 6C156A27-391D-4D72-A8DB-723B9F2D6DC8

My dealer did state that this is on Ford to fix. Unfortunately my dealer has not fully fixed it for me yet. Still happening. Going on the 3rd visit so far. Not sure if this would qualify my car for a lemon. You can go to any dealer. If that is an option, you should.

omg_bbq

Black Diamond
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer did state that this is on Ford to fix. Unfortunately my dealer has not fully fixed it for me yet. Still happening. Going on the 3rd visit so far. Not sure if this would qualify my car for a lemon. You can go to any dealer. If that is an option, you should.
Yeah I forgot to mention in my DM to question asker that while my dealer did warranty it, and the body shop had it for a very very long time, they did not fix it, they just painted and tried to adjust the doors.
Sponsored