First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Could you make them larger all around? Perhaps longer and wider to cover / wrap around the edges above and below the examples shown? Also, please humor what might be a dumb question, but is the clear ppf slippery when wet?
That's exactly what I was thinking, to wrap around the edges! I ordered my Big Bend with the Ford hood PPF, and found that it didn't wrap around the edges, which is where you get the most damage. Now I'm thinking of adding a thin strip to cover the hood edge.

Sponsored

lmarchetti

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can get XPEL PPF that is 4 inches by 8 feet for 29 dollars shipped strait from XPEL.com that is plenty for all 4 doors and will have some leftover.

PPF is no more slippery than the painted sills when wet.

That being said, two companies above are precut for a 15 -30 dollar premium if you don't want to DIY.

I like the rubber idea, but I don't like the cutouts in them. It will be harder to clean and will hold water.

OP
OP
J2D

J2D

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2004 Mustang GT, 2021 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can get XPEL PPF that is 4 inches by 8 feet for 29 dollars shipped strait from XPEL.com that is plenty for all 4 doors and will have some leftover.

That being said, two companies above are precut for a 15 -30 dollar premium if you don't want to DIY.

I like the rubber idea, but I don't like the cutouts in them. It will be harder to clean and will hold water.
I'm sure I could get the guys at Tred wear to run a set without the cutouts.

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

I used the 6" width Xpel for the door sills, which allowed me to cover down towards the rocker panel.

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that's very helpful color, thank you. yes, if it's a small premium to have them precut that's probably my preference. i like the idea of the rubberized for added traction and protection, but agree that I don't want something that traps dirt.

Sponsored

JakeC

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
michiganbroncos.club
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used the 6" width Xpel for the door sills, which allowed me to cover down towards the rocker panel.
Was this the clear 6” one? Was hoping for a wider black “grippy” version.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just want to know who uses their door sills as a step (small children, I guess?)
Not necessarily as steps, but most people hit the sills with their shoes on the way in and out. The only time I might step there is when washing the top or windshield. Over time there will be paint missing on one of those edges. I measured the other day and it looks like I can make 4” wide work for making the sill covers I want. I’m going for as much coverage as possible since my size 16 shoes hit everything. I want to cover as much of the red area in the picture below, and would love to find a solution to cover the yellow area on the door panel that I always kick.

Ford Bronco Door Sill Protection FF584755-A8F6-4568-ADF3-EC8FEE307374

Underground Graphics

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.undergroundgraphics.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 20 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Could you make them larger all around? Perhaps longer and wider to cover / wrap around the edges above and below the examples shown? Also, please humor what might be a dumb question, but is the clear ppf slippery when wet?
We originally had a larger version, but it was harder to install and felt this is 95% of where the most coverage needs to be. If you need a custom size, we can do that too, just contact us directly.

As for the slippery when wet, ...of course, but so would paint, or anything really other than grip tape if your putting your body weight on it exiting the vehicle. On the flip side, the PPF is a bit grippier than the painted surface, or the vinyl options, as it does have a rubberish texture.

Greg ;)

OP
OP
J2D

J2D

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just want to know who uses their door sills as a step (small children, I guess?)
Exactly, my 12 and 8 year olds often use the sill as a step.

OP
OP
J2D

J2D

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not necessarily as steps, but most people hit the sills with their shoes on the way in and out. The only time I might step there is when washing the top or windshield. Over time there will be paint missing on one of those edges. I measured the other day and it looks like I can make 4” wide work for making the sill covers I want. I’m going for as much coverage as possible since my size 16 shoes hit everything. I want to cover as much of the red area in the picture below, and would love to find a solution to cover the yellow area on the door panel that I always kick.

Ford Bronco Door Sill Protection FF584755-A8F6-4568-ADF3-EC8FEE307374
When playing around with the size of the protection one issue they ran into was how the curve of the sill would affect the placement. To the far right of your highlighted area the sill starts to curve upward, that curve ads some complication to the installation. Think awkward folds and bubbles. In order to accomodate for that they would have to get more complicated with the shape, keeping it around this size reduces the cost and complexity.
Sponsored