Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm disappointed that you can't store the doors in the back of a 2 door like you can in a 4 door.

Maybe this is widely known, but the reason has to be that the length of the doors on a 2 door is considerably longer and wont fit across the back.

Here's an overlay with the original 2 images below.

Hopefully someone comes up with a storage solution for the 2 door. I'm willing to keep the back seats down for this.

Does the Wrangler have different size front doors in a 2 door? I doubt it. I guess that makes the 2 door Bronco unique.

Ford Bronco Door Size: 2 door vs. 4 door 1594818916140

Ford Bronco Door Size: 2 door vs. 4 door 1594818935433

Ford Bronco Door Size: 2 door vs. 4 door 1594818950782
Sponsored

ghost1986

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Marquis
Your Bronco Model
Base
If the seats fold forward Im sure you could probably fit it in the vehicle that way. Back in the day with my Geo tracker I only ever kept one rear seat in it. Ill probably do the exact same thing with a 2 door when I buy one. I fully expect the front seat part of the top and doors will be able to fit in the 2 door if i pull a seat like I plan to.

Also yes on the Wrangler they use the same doors between 2 and 4 door models because Chrysler penny pinches in any way they can. Just like the Gladiator back doors look weird because they use the door set from the 4 door (which has the rear tire a lot closer to the back doors, hence the odd shape on the Gladiator).

Im not sure yet if i like the bigger door on the 2 door model. It will be more open when you go doorless will be neat but i always hate bigger "coupe" doors when it comes to parking lots and getting in/out of cars.

Last edited:

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Where is this pic from?

Ford Bronco Door Size: 2 door vs. 4 door 1594821254066

OP
OP
Metal_Horses

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Metal_Horses

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im not sure yet if i like the bigger door on the 2 door model. It will be more open when you go doorless will be neat but i always hate bigger "coupe" doors when it comes to parking lots and getting in/out of cars.
That's the "Spirit of a Mustang" :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm disappointed that you can't store the doors in the back of a 2 door like you can in a 4 door.

Maybe this is widely known, but the reason has to be that the length of the doors on a 2 door is considerably longer and wont fit across the back.

Hopefully someone comes up with a storage solution for the 2 door. I'm willing to keep the back seats down for this.

Does the Wrangler have different size front doors in a 2 door? I doubt it. I guess that makes the 2 door Bronco unique.

Yes, the 2-door Wranglers have much larger doors than the 4-door variety.

Bigkansas

Badlands
First Name
AUSTIN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The door height is the same.....could you store them on end?? Just a thought

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

qwertisk

Base
First Name
qwertisk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Im pretty sure itā€™s been confirmed that with the seats down in the 2 door, they will fit. But not a ā€œsnugā€ fit and official place like the 4 door. Essentially they fit but thrown in there.

OP
OP
Metal_Horses

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully Ford or aftermarket make bags for the 2 doors

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
All this talk about removing doors one should consider the risk of damage to the doors when you remove them. I may ppf my doors just to protect them.

Also, I hope the aftermarket provides some sort of padded rack we can put in our garage to store our doors. Yes, While it is convenient to have the ability to put 4 doors in the back it also puts them in a position to be damaged. Remember the doors are 50 pound each so having 200 pounds worth of doors in the back leaning against one another while you are driving is asking for trouble. Those oem door bags better be plenty padded.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All this talk about removing doors one should consider the risk of damage to the doors when you remove them. I may ppf my doors just to protect them.

Also, I hope the aftermarket provides some sort of padded rack we can put in our garage to store our doors. Yes, While it is convenient to have the ability to put 4 doors in the back it also puts them in a position to be damaged. Remember the doors are 50 pound each so having 200 pounds worth of doors in the back leaning against one another while you are driving is asking for trouble. Those oem door bags better be plenty padded.
Thereā€˜a already are a bunch of racks made for the Jeep crowd that could serve the same duty for Bronco doors... and Iā€™m certain weā€™ll see Bronco specific offerings eventually.

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m wondering if one could develop a pelican case that could stand the doors upright instead of long ways with specially formed molding to secure each door in the case... I know it would make the overall weight close to 130 lbs but would be worth it to secure each door safely and always have them when you need them.

Since the mold would be specific to the door, might even be able to store those hollow doors too on the fly.
Sponsored