Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, 1981 Trans Am, 1972 Austin Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will the 4 doors stow with the soft top down? I'm sure this is a yes but after looking at B&P and the storage bag option. It doesn't mention bags for the soft top.
Sponsored

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was wondering the same thing. Why can’t I get storage bags just for the doors on the four door version with the soft top? Ford making no sense lately. I don’t want to do a hard top until black becomes available.

PatJayRob

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone have an answer for this? I'm wondering if this arm impedes on the space needed to store them.
Ford Bronco Door storage with soft top? bronco soft to

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone have an answer for this? I'm wondering if this arm impedes on the space needed to store them.
Ford Bronco Door storage with soft top? bronco soft to
You may be on to something here. Still it would be nice to purchase the bags for garage storage

PatJayRob

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You may be on to something here. Still it would be nice to purchase the bags for garage storage
I'm really hoping that you can still do it. I'm surprised more people haven't asked this question. As someone that lives in FL I would love to be able to put the top and the doors back on for summer showers

Sponsored

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
IMO, the door storage is form over function. I have not seen a Bronco owners manual, but the Jeep manual states door removal is for off road only.

Not many people are going to remove doors and leave them by the trail head, so Ford provides a method to store them. Last thing I would want to do is store doors in the back and bounce around off road.

Most buyers ,like me, will remove the doors and drive on the road, which is illegal in my state, but Ford will have their disclaimer.

Low Hammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think Ford is overselling the door and side panel removal. You're not going to pull the SEMA show stunt of putting an hour in every Friday and Sunday to convert your ride from commuter to Baja fun machine.

Honestly, I've owned a soft top convertible. It'd go down maybe once a month in the spring and summer. And that was just a minute of work. That's a good analogy for the doors except they will take a lot longer and require more effort.

If you take the doors off you will probably just hang them in the garage all summer. I doubt you would remove them at the trailhead just so you can put them back on when you hit the street. It's just not worth the effort and wear.

Badland-Mansquatch-ATX

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL, Tesla Model S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I take the doors off every chance I get driving around town. These are SO much easier to remove, and especially put back on, than Wrangler full doors. Not as easy as the soft doors on my old 1983 CJ-7 was, but those didn't keep out wind or water. ;)

The storage bags are AWESOME! Having several Jeeps previously, I recognized their value and ordered with the original delivery. They keep them from getting nicked up and easier to carry. I just posted information about storing the doors in the back of the Bronco with a soft top. Definitely more work than the video from Ford: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/four-door-storage-on-soft-top-bronco.39668/post-1944529

I also have a soft top window bag in the garage, which I also highly recommend (after numerous Jeep windows that got cloudy from rolling them up for years). See the picture for that arrangement.

As far as taking them off for off-roading...if I drive locally (Hidden Falls is about an hour, although they have door racks available), then I leave them in the garage (my profile picture is at Hidden Falls). I'm planning a trip to Moab, where I'll take them along and either take them off and leave in the hotel/cabin OR take the front doors off and harness them in the back. It's worth the 10 minutes before and after to me...while I'm airing up/down the tires.

Ford Bronco Door storage with soft top? IMG_1281

Badland-Mansquatch-ATX

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL, Tesla Model S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Door storage with soft top? IMG_1281
If you mean the normal soft top arm, then NO, it doesn't get in the way of the door storage bags. See my post later in this thread.
Sponsored