Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Rather get hit on my motorcycle than with a foot hanging out the door. At least I'll die on my bike. This will just horribly maim me
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think the vehicle was designed to be door-less on city roads. I'm sure there's some fine print somewhere by Ford that says "off-road use only". Pretty sure it won't say the same for the top open.

We can go back and forth all day. Not worth the argument; we're both entitled to our opinions.
That’s a lot of assumptions. Fact is you are safer doorless inside a vehicle than on a motorcycle.
It's not even fine print, it's a very legible sticker on the door jamb.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem going doorless on the street, but Ford made sure to cover their ass on this one.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's not even fine print, it's a very legible sticker on the door jamb.
Well, Ford really did cover their butt on this - Even the second row door jambs have this sticker :ROFLMAO:

That's less reading for @Tricky Dick - Bonus!

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The most concerning thing about this thread is the number of people who bought an offroad vehicle yet don't understand left foot braking.
I understand left foot braking just fine...offroad or racing. But in normal driving?

That said, my father drove with both feet as long as I can remember. The tricky part came when diabetic neuropathy meant he couldn't feel his feet lol.

Sponsored

WilPower

Badlands
First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 4dr 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s probably why driving doorless where I live is illegal. Which is fine, because I have no urge to remove my doors anyways.
Damn maybe they should outlaw motorcycles where you live to protect the potential motorcycle accident victims too. We should live where less regulation means more choices for us.

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here are what the RTR ones will look like
Bronco_RTR_foot_rest_on_vehicle-11_2000x.jpg

Bronco_RTR_foot_rest_on_vehicle-17_5000x.jpg
Those are gorgeous, but not $189 gorgeous. Was ready to buy these, but will just make my own instead. That seems quite excessive, no?

JMY217

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks Sas/Lux/Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Those are gorgeous, but not $189 gorgeous. Was ready to buy these, but will just make my own instead. That seems quite excessive, no?
Yeah that price point is a killer. I'm going to be making a set this weekend, a rough draft. I have some brackets I bent at work, going to try and attach bicycle pegs to them.

Sponsored

skierx728

Outer Banks
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah that price point is a killer. I'm going to be making a set this weekend, a rough draft. I have some brackets I bent at work, going to try and attach bicycle pegs to them.
How'd they come out?
I can't believe there aren't more options yet. I can't wait to get a pair but not spending that much for the RTRs. I had these ones on my jeep for years and loved them:
https://www.amazon.com/SXMA-Solid-2...KX0DER&qid=1655820135&s=merchant-items&sr=1-1
I just messaged the seller to see if they would start making a version for the bronco. Price is down to 15$ on these now, I think I bought them for 50 or 60$ many years ago.

JMY217

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks Sas/Lux/Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How'd they come out?
I can't believe there aren't more options yet. I can't wait to get a pair but not spending that much for the RTRs. I had these ones on my jeep for years and loved them:
https://www.amazon.com/SXMA-Solid-2...KX0DER&qid=1655820135&s=merchant-items&sr=1-1
I just messaged the seller to see if they would start making a version for the bronco. Price is down to 15$ on these now, I think I bought them for 50 or 60$ many years ago.
I have to stress this is just a rough sample, but it fits well and also uses the factory hinge bolt. I just need to weld on a stop so it doesnt swivel with the hinge when you put it on.

PXL_20220620_200209694.jpg

skierx728

Outer Banks
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have to stress this is just a rough sample, but it fits well and also uses the factory hinge bolt. I just need to weld on a stop so it doesnt swivel with the hinge when you put it on.

Ford Bronco Doors off foot rest PXL_20220620_200209694
Nice! that's looking awesome. 🙌

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nice homemade pegs.
Interesting answers from lots of different perspectives.
I learned that not too many folks left foot brake and there are more stickers that I’ll have to remove when my Bronco arrives.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nice homemade pegs.
Interesting answers from lots of different perspectives.
I learned that not too many folks left foot brake and there are more stickers that I’ll have to remove when my Bronco arrives.
Anything we can do to ban left foot brakers is a win in my book!!!
Sponsored