Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has or will anyone build out a double battery system on your Bronco? With that also comes the question where will you install for permanent or temporary location and also, I figured the auxiliary switches junction isn't hot upon purchase, so how difficult to route certain switches to it vs main battery?
Sponsored

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

what are you looking to accomplish with a dual battery installation? also the aux switches are not high enough amperage for anything more than a relay for a battery circuit. i cannot see the aux switches rated above 10 amps...

OP
OP
Razorback

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

what are you looking to accomplish with a dual battery installation? also the aux switches are not high enough amperage for anything more than a relay for a battery circuit. i cannot see the aux switches rated above 10 amps...
Looking to use for fridge, some lights, charging of batteries for drones, etc and would rather not use main battery for fear it wouldn't start in morning.... The fridge would not be connected to the aux switches though

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has or will anyone build out a double battery system on your Bronco? With that also comes the question where will you install for permanent or temporary location and also, I figured the auxiliary switches junction isn't hot upon purchase, so how difficult to route certain switches to it vs main battery?
I spoke to Shane Smith, the owner of Genesis Offroad, last November, and he told me he was planning to look at the Bronco to see what he can do, but at the time he didn’t know how much room he’d have to work with.

If there’s not enough room under the hood, I suspect he will figure out a solution in another location, likely in the cargo area.

OP
OP
Razorback

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I spoke to Shane Smith, the owner of Genesis Offroad, last November, and he told me he was planning to look at the Bronco to see what he can do, but at the time he didn’t know how much room he’d have to work with.

If there’s not enough room under the hood, I suspect he will figure out a solution in another location, likely in the cargo area.
I think it might be tough. May have to look at a portable solution.

WPS #8!!! We sat front row of the A&M student section with our daughter. She goes to A&M, so tough not cheering for our Hogs. Son attended UARK and it will always be our first love.

Sponsored

Sal Gallo

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is my 2nd battery -
Ford Bronco Double Battery Set-up? 1632708569217

OP
OP
Razorback

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Went from a dual battery setup to a Jackery 1000 and couldn’t be happier.
Would you care to expound on that? Curious to hear your thoughts.

Sponsored

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Can you take it down to 0%?
Any lithium battery can go to 0%. Well, not actually 0% but very close where the BMS (battery management system) shuts off the power from the battery. Just like your phone.

As you know, a lead/acid battery can only go to 50% or the battery like will be severely shortened.

Wanderer351

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 E350 4x4 sportsmobile van. 2020 f150 2.7 crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Went from a dual battery setup to a Jackery 1000 and couldn’t be happier.
That’s good to hear I was debating on putting a new battery in my F150 knowing that I’m going to be getting rid of it when the bronco comes in. And after having spent a week in Moab driving every day I didn’t even worry about a new battery system anymore but the Jackery would definitely solve some other logistical problems. Thanks for your feedback

MOON

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s good to hear I was debating on putting a new battery in my F150 knowing that I’m going to be getting rid of it when the bronco comes in. And after having spent a week in Moab driving every day I didn’t even worry about a new battery system anymore but the Jackery would definitely solve some other logistical problems. Thanks for your feedback
Here is my 2nd battery -
Ford Bronco Double Battery Set-up? 1632708569217
Good idea on the portable battery system.

This is my first post here! Found this board when searching for duel battery options. Just wanted to see if anyone has installed one yet and if there is room under the hood for it.

I have a build date of 1-31-22. So starting to look for parts and upgrades I've wanted to do.

silver bullet

Black Diamond
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I removed the muffler on mine, and was thinking all that space would be useful for an underbody battery box and maybe a freshwater tank. Perhaps use a battery mount from one of those old E350 diesels. I would be using this as an independent system to power the winch.
Sponsored