First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a 2021 Bronco that wasvdelivered in late July of 21. I randomly get the double beep with both keys and the key is in the truck. The truck always starts. I do find that if I put the key fob right on the start button I do not get the beep, but I cannot find a consitent scenario that will cause this. My dealership had no reply to this issue.

Anyone else have this issue.
Sponsored

TXBronco72

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 / 4D ā€˜23 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a 2021 Bronco that wasvdelivered in late July of 21. I randomly get the double beep with both keys and the key is in the truck. The truck always starts. I do find that if I put the key fob right on the start button I do not get the beep, but I cannot find a consitent scenario that will cause this. My dealership had no reply to this issue.

Anyone else have this issue.
This was the original service note issued on it. I'm sure they've found the fix by now. Mine does the same thing but haven't brought it to the dealer to get corrected.

SSM 49909 ā€“ 2021 Bronco - No Key Detected Fault Message Displayed In The Instrument Cluster Some 2021 Bronco vehicles may exhibit a No Key Detected message displayed in the instrument cluster followed by a double horn chirp immediately after starting the vehicle. The condition is due to a software issue in the driver door module (DDM) and/or the passenger door module (PDM). Replacement or reprogramming of the DDM and/or PDM will not resolve the issue. This condition does not affect vehicle durability and no additional diagnosis or service is required for this condition at this time. Inform customers that they can continue to drive the vehicle and engineering is currently working on a solution for this condition that is expected to be available for service in July 2021. Monitor OASIS for additional information and schedule a service appointment with the customer once the repair becomes available.

APPLICABLE VEHICLES 2021 TRUCK: G1 U725N BRONCO

JKommuter

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Happens to me periodically with one or both keys in the Bronco. Pisses me off, I shake my head and then I move on with my life. I figure I will bring it up when it goes in for a recall like the front drive shaft recall for early 2021s. My dealer supposedly ordered parts, still waiting for them to call.

OP
OP
LordElberon

LordElberon

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This was the original service note issued on it. I'm sure they've found the fix by now. Mine does the same thing but haven't brought it to the dealer to get corrected.

SSM 49909 ā€“ 2021 Bronco - No Key Detected Fault Message Displayed In The Instrument Cluster Some 2021 Bronco vehicles may exhibit a No Key Detected message displayed in the instrument cluster followed by a double horn chirp immediately after starting the vehicle. The condition is due to a software issue in the driver door module (DDM) and/or the passenger door module (PDM). Replacement or reprogramming of the DDM and/or PDM will not resolve the issue. This condition does not affect vehicle durability and no additional diagnosis or service is required for this condition at this time. Inform customers that they can continue to drive the vehicle and engineering is currently working on a solution for this condition that is expected to be available for service in July 2021. Monitor OASIS for additional information and schedule a service appointment with the customer once the repair becomes available.

APPLICABLE VEHICLES 2021 TRUCK: G1 U725N BRONCO
Thanks for the details. I will mention this to my dealer next time I'm in. I'm sure there will be a recall of some sorts soon. šŸ™„

OP
OP
LordElberon

LordElberon

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Happens to me periodically with one or both keys in the Bronco. Pisses me off, I shake my head and then I move on with my life. I figure I will bring it up when it goes in for a recall like the front drive shaft recall for early 2021s. My dealer supposedly ordered parts, still waiting for them to call.
Yeah try to do the same. Rather annoying in the parking lot.

Yeah not mind me just shitty software in my truck.

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I get the random message of "No Key" when key is in my pocket and I get back in running vehicle but no sounds

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Iā€™m having the same problem. Just happened to me first time today.

Bronco would not start. ā€œNO FOB DETECTEDā€ message on screen. First I thought it was a low battery on the fob so went in the house and grabbed the other one. Same deal. Retrying several times eventually started the Bronco, but then Iā€™d get the double honk and ā€œNO FOB DETECTEDā€ message.

Itā€™s like the FOB signal is cutting in and out. Sometimes there. Then disappears.

Mine was built JAN 2023. Thinking this problem is not isolated to the 2021 MY. Or itā€™s a completely new problem.

OP
OP
LordElberon

LordElberon

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iā€™m having the same problem. Just happened to me first time today.

Bronco would not start. ā€œNO FOB DETECTEDā€ message on screen. First I thought it was a low battery on the fob so went in the house and grabbed the other one. Same deal. Retrying several times eventually started the Bronco, but then Iā€™d get the double honk and ā€œNO FOB DETECTEDā€ message.

Itā€™s like the FOB signal is cutting in and out. Sometimes there. Then disappears.

Mine was built JAN 2023. Thinking this problem is not isolated to the 2021 MY. Or itā€™s a completely new problem.
[/QUOTE

My dealership says they have a software update coming soon. šŸ¤·
Sponsored