First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I too am concerned with the liner shredding fibers, and it was a $250 option/value? I'd rather see a liner like on a jacket made of a polyester fabric, still cheap and light.

The 2 points difference are very subjective (coolness factor), although I/we agree it's cool, we ordered/reserved one, and the areas of performance and such seem to be even.
Very good possibility that when Ford decided to make them free, they told the manufacturer to lower the quality and make them as cheap as possible.
Sponsored

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m glad bronco keeps getting respectable reviews!!!

Skmac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Jaguar F-TYPE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Speaking of Easter Eggs. I thought Doug was going to be the first with the "Giant circle for some reason" comment. I'm sure others have noticed but I've never heard or seen anybody mention this Easter Egg.

Look familiar?

BRONCO EASTER EGG LOCKERS 2.JPG
What am I am I looking at?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are locking center hubs for wheelsā€¦. If you wanted to engage front lockers you used to have to get out and turn those selectors on the actual hubs.

They also stylized hubcaps to mimic those selectors as wellā€¦

Ford Bronco [Doug Demuro Reviews] Ford Bronco Is the Hottest SUV of the Year 1628249898800

Ford Bronco [Doug Demuro Reviews] Ford Bronco Is the Hottest SUV of the Year 1628249779148

Sponsored

JIMBAD1

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 4Runner V8, 67 Dodge R/T, 71 Honda 750 K1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They are locking center hubs for wheelsā€¦. If you wanted to engage front lockers you used to have to get out and turn those selectors on the actual hubs.

Ford Bronco [Doug Demuro Reviews] Ford Bronco Is the Hottest SUV of the Year 1628249779148

Ford Bronco [Doug Demuro Reviews] Ford Bronco Is the Hottest SUV of the Year BRONCO EASTER EGG LOCKERS 4.JPG

Thanks @ZackDanger . They still use them on Super Duty's in case the vacuum connection is lost. To get out and lock the hubs used to be one of the coolest parts of four wheeling.

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜88 911,ā€˜15 Chevy 2500, ā€˜24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco [Doug Demuro Reviews] Ford Bronco Is the Hottest SUV of the Year BRONCO EASTER EGG LOCKERS 4.JPG

Fun fact I switched back to manual lockers on my 2000 F250 because the vacuum lines were deteriorating and you might get 3 wheel drive when using the dial on the dash. Also when switching to 4wd using the dial in the summer would cause the blend door to get stuck on defrost and blast hot air in your face.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been waiting for this for months. Going to save it for home, pour a glass of wine, draw a bubble bath, spread rose pedals, the works.
I couldn't find my Barry White CD so I had to settle for Barry Manilow. Still, Doug's enthusiasm for the 2.3 drowned it all out and made me very excited.

I think anything slower than 7 seconds 0-60 is a 1 on his scale. If they had given him a 2.7 2dr tester we may have seen a boost to the acceleration score but also a reduction in the practicality score.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Speaking of Easter Eggs. I thought Doug was going to be the first with the "Giant circle for some reason" comment. I'm sure others have noticed but I've never heard or seen anybody mention this Easter Egg.

Look familiar?

It's a shame they didn't take it one step further and emboss it with Ford like the lockouts.

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This was noted last summer after the reveal but I don't remember if Ford pointed it out or if somebody just put 2 and 2 together. It's really just a waste of the limited cluster space, unfortunately. It's unlikely but I'm hoping there's a second revision cluster in a couple years that has a more useful layout that can be swapped in.
I agree with this for sure. He was one of the first reviewers I've seen that complained about the gauge cluster and it definitely is a bit of a letdown. Apples to Oranges but my gf's '19 Santa Fe is 10x better in screen layout and the facelifted Santa Fe is only better. Really could have gone for more configurability there. Maybe auto folks don't care but the speedo readout should have been replaced with a tach (not that I refer to mine much anymore but still) and the gauge itself should be smaller so there could be a bigger screen. 9 times out of 10 I just read the digital speedo in her car rather than looking at the dial.

Sponsored

mpoteet

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 79 CJ5, 78 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
WARNING TO ALL:

Keep it on topic and discuss the review, not the person. This applies to all threads and all people (whether the target is a forum member or otherwise).

The personally disrespectful and insulting behavior being shown by some members here (not just in this thread) will not be allowed to continue.

We encourage all users to report such behavior - in this thread and throughout the site.
There is nothing disrespectful about commenting on a supposed "expert"s lack of knowledge of his area of expertise. I stand beside my statement- this guy has absolutely no knowledge of cars.

Administrator

Heritage
Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

There is nothing disrespectful about commenting on a supposed "expert"s lack of knowledge of his area of expertise. I stand beside my statement- this guy has absolutely no knowledge of cars.
Which would have been fine and allowed to stand because thatā€™s commenting on him in his professional role. But this language from your post is absolutely disrespectful:

I am amazed at how that kid became known as an expert in cars. He is an absolute moron.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I saw that, and it bothers me also. So much so I'm thinking of asking if it can be omitted from my OBX build. I would much rather wait for the HotHead liner, and pay for it instead of having fibers falling all over the place. I hoping someone that has had theirs awhile will report some kind of remedy.
Personally, i think we're getting too fussy. I'd rather have the free headliner, and if i need some spray-on 3M adhesive to fix a few edges, so what? If some of it sheds, I've got scissors! In fact. If I remove the roof panels as much as i hope, I WILL have to touch up the felt from time to time from wear & tear!

I consider parts of this Bronco more like a boat than a car. I'm expecting that the ideal acoustic treatment for the inside of the MIC panels would be a spray-on marine engine room foam, but I'll play with that later on!

dingnan

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Base
One thing I noticed was that while Doug was driving there was noticeable camera vibration distorting the picture . Never seen that in any of his other reviews. Hope that was an issue with how he mounted the camera because whats the point of having a GoPro mount and usb if it's going to be all shaky.

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
"Doug" is like a 30 something kid who had too many energy drinks, He needs to slow the fuck down, do some real research into the Bronco (we already know everything he says but with more detail) and show us something, cool mechanical pics, inside info, that someone other than what a 21 year old salesman would tell me if I was on the lot looking at Broncos, in an alternate universe where Ford actually had some to show/sell. Maybe 5 years from now. JMO
Sponsored