Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty good review, glad to hear that the engine is plenty potent and he likes it overall. Bit of a swing and a miss with the trail sights also being useful for tying things down to the roof or being able to tell where the hood ends.
Sponsored

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

He makes a good point about the driveability for those who are used to driving more road focused cars. I suspect there will be a few of these for sale by people who bought them for how cool it is, and for the “idea” without realizing that these trucks are just different to drive than most vehicles.

JeR2D2

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love seeing a 4DR with the MICw/ Roof Rails - that's in my build and I haven't seen that many of them and I feel like they really enhance the look of the Bronco!

Administrator

Heritage
Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

WARNING TO ALL:

Keep it on topic and discuss the review, not the person. This applies to all threads and all people (whether the target is a forum member or otherwise).

The personally disrespectful and insulting behavior being shown by some members here (not just in this thread) will not be allowed to continue.

We encourage all users to report such behavior - in this thread and throughout the site.

Sponsored

fpGT350

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Viper RT/10; 09 AMG C63; 18 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Worth the watch. Includes lots of nuances I don't remember seeing before.

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Oh wow, I clicked without realizing this video is almost 40 minutes long. I'm going to have to watch the second half later, after an intermission.

stratego

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I chuckled a bit when he said, "It's on sale now". I guess you can say that's a relative term when it comes to the Bronco.

The thing I noticed in all reviews, the so called pros and actual owners, is they want to talk about interior noise. I looks at that as just part of the experience with an off road oriented vehicle. With tires the size of a small planet, and an top with little insulation being the nature of the beast, it will give you more road noise than your Ford Explorer. My Jeep is the same way, but it's not overly annoying. With everything in place at highway speeds you can have a normal conversation, and hear the the entertainment system without any problem. But with the doors, and top off that all goes out the window. :)
Manufacturer plates on this example, interior noise might be one of the suggested flaws for reviewers to highlight. It's like going to an interview and saying "my biggest flaw is I work too hard", they know reviewers need to find criticisms, but manufacturers try their best to steer towards flaws that don't bother the target audience.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for the extra photos! Agree, reads nearly black here. Different look from the opening of Doug's video. I'm thinking the color in Doug's video must be an effect of the camera - his face is in the sun and looks pretty overexposed in that first shot, so I guess it's brightening up the visual appearance of the car significantly which is causing it to read much more blue than it looks to the eye.
Alot of the colors change dramatically depending on lighting/ time of day, indoors or out, and whether viewed in person, on video, on digital format . . . I've seen so many versions of A51 and CyberOrange, my 2 top choices, I lost the ability to choose . . . And unable to have it in person!

Sponsored

smrpilot

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Silverado 3500HD, '68 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He's a little short sighted on the "trail sights" usage. Enjoyed the video overall.
What? Limb Risers aren't useful in the desert?

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Manufacturer plates on this example, interior noise might be one of the suggested flaws for reviewers to highlight. It's like going to an interview and saying "my biggest flaw is I work too hard", they know reviewers need to find criticisms, but manufacturers try their best to steer towards flaws that don't bother the target audience.
All good points, and we've lost track of the "fact" that these "noise" possibilities are not flaws, they are part of the design compromise of a highly capable off-road vehicle whose roof comes off in pieces, or is a 'rag top'! And fussing about hard plastic, or imperfect roof liners, or imperfect roof panels, we're forgetting how much amazing off road capability is built into this vehicle, that I've never had, like lockers, cameras, trail turn, trail control, one-pedal drive, 12"screens and pre-wired switched, parts and pieces removable and modular, a wide choice of options and a large choice of aftermarket. Theres alot to like!

Have you ever driven a 1967 International Scout, my first beach vehicle! How raw and bare bones that was? This Bronco is heaven in any form!

JIMBAD1

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 4Runner V8, 67 Dodge R/T, 71 Honda 750 K1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Speaking of Easter Eggs. I thought Doug was going to be the first with the "Giant circle for some reason" comment. I'm sure others have noticed but I've never heard or seen anybody mention this Easter Egg.

Look familiar?

Ford Bronco [Doug Demuro Reviews] Ford Bronco Is the Hottest SUV of the Year BRONCO EASTER EGG LOCKERS 2.JPG

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same significant headliner shedding we've seen from other videos at 16:55. Have any owners had luck scrubbing / vacuuming (/ power-washing??) their headliners to remove all these loose fibers?
How do we know the headliner won’t keep shedding fibers until they’re essentially bald?

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Speaking of Easter Eggs. I thought Doug was going to be the first with the "Giant circle for some reason" comment. I'm sure others have noticed but I've never heard or seen anybody mention this Easter Egg.

Look familiar?

Ford Bronco [Doug Demuro Reviews] Ford Bronco Is the Hottest SUV of the Year BRONCO EASTER EGG LOCKERS 2.JPG
This was noted last summer after the reveal but I don't remember if Ford pointed it out or if somebody just put 2 and 2 together. It's really just a waste of the limited cluster space, unfortunately. It's unlikely but I'm hoping there's a second revision cluster in a couple years that has a more useful layout that can be swapped in.

Doug lays it out pretty well. I don't ever watch the Doug score part because who cares? Make your own determination. Sounds like you 2.3L folks are in good shape.
Sponsored