Sponsored

Downside of the attention: my Bronco got molested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthTod

First Edition
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition, Mustang GT, F-350 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I went into the city yesterday for an event, and left my Bronco at the park and ride garage as I have done plenty of times with my other vehicles. I returned to see a crowd around it. Except this crowd was multiple police cars and cops. It’s pretty normal to see them in the garage as they base there, so I didn’t think much of it until I approached and they asked if it was mine. Once I confirmed, they told me that the garage security had caught a group of transients attempting to strip parts from it.

They had managed to tear off the cover and backing plate for the adaptive cruise module and were working on the grille when confronted by security who then quickly summoned the transit cops.

As far as I can tell, they didn’t do any actual damage, I was a little surprised to realize that the adaptive cruise module is not held in place by any bolts or screws, it just pops in place and can be quite quickly removed by yanking on it and disconnecting the cable. I’m a little curious what that module costs and whether that’s going to become a bigger problem if it has resale value.

I ended up pulling the grille to get it reseated properly, it really is easy to do. (With hood access, of course.) I think if it weren’t for my brush guard, they may have managed to break it off, or at least do actual damage. The brush guard denied them the ability to get any leverage from pulling out the bottom very far.

They also climbed under, but I think they got defeated by all of the bash plates. Thankfully, it seems that they were just opportunistic morons, not skilled thieves as they didn’t even touch the really easy stuff like the fender flares. I’ll be talking to the detectives this week to press charges, for whatever that’s actually worth since they (thankfully) didn’t do any real monetary damage to it.
Sponsored

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Fookin stupid criminals,we had some break into the compound at the shop and bust out the drivers side door handle to get in on a 2007 superduty.funnything is the passenger window was out and covered in plastic(waiting for parts) :ROFLMAO:

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yeah...ignoring a cheap fender flare where there is no second hand market yet and going for an expensive (and hard to get in these 'chip-less' days) module that is probably a standard part for Ford... Maybe they were not as dumb or random as you think.

MikeyFrog

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I expected this to be people leaning on it to look inside and such. Sorry about the criminals

Sponsored

migsby_carmichael

First Edition
First Name
Migsby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
yeah...ignoring a cheap fender flare where there is no second hand market yet and going for an expensive (and hard to get in these 'chip-less' days) module that is probably a standard part for Ford... Maybe they were not as dumb or random as you think.
Think we found the culprit

OP
OP
DarthTod

DarthTod

First Edition
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

They pushed the actual module to the side to get at the backing plate. The module was still attached, just hanging by its cable.

Sponsored

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I went into the city yesterday for an event, and left my Bronco at the park and ride garage as I have done plenty of times with my other vehicles. I returned to see a crowd around it. Except this crowd was multiple police cars and cops. It’s pretty normal to see them in the garage as they base there, so I didn’t think much of it until I approached and they asked if it was mine. Once I confirmed, they told me that the garage security had caught a group of transients attempting to strip parts from it.

They had managed to tear off the cover and backing plate for the adaptive cruise module and were working on the grille when confronted by security who then quickly summoned the transit cops.

As far as I can tell, they didn’t do any actual damage, I was a little surprised to realize that the adaptive cruise module is not held in place by any bolts or screws, it just pops in place and can be quite quickly removed by yanking on it and disconnecting the cable. I’m a little curious what that module costs and whether that’s going to become a bigger problem if it has resale value.

I ended up pulling the grille to get it reseated properly, it really is easy to do. (With hood access, of course.) I think if it weren’t for my brush guard, they may have managed to break it off, or at least do actual damage. The brush guard denied them the ability to get any leverage from pulling out the bottom very far.

They also climbed under, but I think they got defeated by all of the bash plates. Thankfully, it seems that they were just opportunistic morons, not skilled thieves as they didn’t even touch the really easy stuff like the fender flares. I’ll be talking to the detectives this week to press charges, for whatever that’s actually worth since they (thankfully) didn’t do any real monetary damage to it.
I had to look where you lived and then everything made sense.

OP
OP
DarthTod

DarthTod

First Edition
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm surprised the Police actually came and prevented further damage. It must be because the base in the garage. Lucky you. Kudos to the Police.
Our transit police are pretty decent, at least compared to the ones in the city. They definitely would not have been too interested in rolling for minor vandalism. Especially considering the call was not from the vehicle owner. Transit rolled two units with four officers.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's too bad you didn't catch them in the act...
☠

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry for the hassel,if it had been sf the bronco would have been gone and when you call police you get recording to file report online.
Not the police officers fault they are great but their hands are tied.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.