Sponsored

Downside of the attention: my Bronco got molested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Realistically would a dashcam have helped here? On one hand if the detective recognizes the thieves. Or preferably the thieves see it and just move onto another car. But I wonder if it would really make a difference. I had a plow stollen once and the police and insurance did exactly nothing.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DarthTod

DarthTod

First Edition
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition, Mustang GT, F-350 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Realistically would a dashcam have helped here? On one hand if the detective recognizes the thieves. Or preferably the thieves see it and just move onto another car. But I wonder if it would really make a difference. I had a plow stollen once and the police and insurance did exactly nothing.
If wired for monitoring when parked, maybe? But I am also concerned about the camera itself becoming a target.

And yeah, back in our Jeep days we had the window slashed when you can just unzip it.

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@DarthTod That sucks but at least they didn't get anything. I will be caulking the connectors of any easily removable plastic parts. Where is the ACC module that they were able to access it so easily? I hope the people on this forum who were dismissive of posts where folks were worried about theft of their Bronco or parts of it now understand those were legitimate concerns.

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This was at my local Acura dealer this morning.
Sad that the lot is just about empty, then someone steals the wheels off one of the cars they do have.

2AF7942D-3500-47F9-AD7A-CF995F538471.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Go_Galt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately, no. Police don't really care about property crime.

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At least the hood on these Bronco's are latched from the inside. It blew my mind when the new JL came out and it still relied on external latches only.

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry for the hassel,if it had been sf the bronco would have been gone and when you call police you get recording to file report online.
Not the police officers fault they are great but their hands are tied.
Considering the residents of SF voted for their government, it's just an in-kind donation, not a theft. They got exactly what they wanted.

Dogstyle

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 Sport 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I went into the city yesterday for an event, and left my Bronco at the park and ride garage as I have done plenty of times with my other vehicles. I returned to see a crowd around it. Except this crowd was multiple police cars and cops. It’s pretty normal to see them in the garage as they base there, so I didn’t think much of it until I approached and they asked if it was mine. Once I confirmed, they told me that the garage security had caught a group of transients attempting to strip parts from it.

They had managed to tear off the cover and backing plate for the adaptive cruise module and were working on the grille when confronted by security who then quickly summoned the transit cops.

As far as I can tell, they didn’t do any actual damage, I was a little surprised to realize that the adaptive cruise module is not held in place by any bolts or screws, it just pops in place and can be quite quickly removed by yanking on it and disconnecting the cable. I’m a little curious what that module costs and whether that’s going to become a bigger problem if it has resale value.

I ended up pulling the grille to get it reseated properly, it really is easy to do. (With hood access, of course.) I think if it weren’t for my brush guard, they may have managed to break it off, or at least do actual damage. The brush guard denied them the ability to get any leverage from pulling out the bottom very far.

They also climbed under, but I think they got defeated by all of the bash plates. Thankfully, it seems that they were just opportunistic morons, not skilled thieves as they didn’t even touch the really easy stuff like the fender flares. I’ll be talking to the detectives this week to press charges, for whatever that’s actually worth since they (thankfully) didn’t do any real monetary damage to it.
WOW 😲

Blk Diamond Cheese/2D/2.7/SASQ/MIC/MID/TOW

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You think the owner would mind if I just gave it a tiny bit of molesting? Looks SOOOO good. Way better than the new green.
If you have an open police file, you might want to submit the above quote from @Theherofails from another post - I'm not saying it was him molesting your Bronco, but there's a likely chance...

In all seriousness though, I'm sorry to hear that. Glad it sounds like they were stopped in time though. People need to keep their hands off any vehicle that isn't theirs.

Sponsored

Simple Man

Black Diamond
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Subaru Outback MT,'70 F-250 Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do tell, Given catalytic converters were not a thing until 1975, call me skeptical.
You are correct..Now I don't have to worry about it getting f'd with! Call me skeptical as we've already had a vehicle stolen from our driveway for a drug run and a neighbors RV had a catlytic converter stolen and our mailbox just broken into 2 weeks ago. I'll get back to ya on the year of the RV. We're 30 miles outside of the Seattle S show.

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
But sadly she did. Not going to give a name as politics are not allowed here and I follow that rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.