Sponsored

Downsizing from 35" stock sasquatch tires to 33'' later?

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It will be interesting to see how it mounts. I can tell you my current rack on my Explorer is not something you would want to take on and off to get in your garage.
Nor the one on my Escape. One on the Bronco seems like it’d take 5-10 minutes.
Sponsored

brunjc2

Base
First Name
Jud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Couldn't find a thread on this and I can't be the only one thinking about future costs owning the bronco. I was wondering, 35's are going to look bad ass and all, but realistically replacing them with more 35's is gonna be a bit pricey and I'm wondering about when the time comes to get new tires, switching to maybe 33's. My question is would this affect anything at all on the bronco like rpms, etc? I figure 33's will be less expensive, a smoother ride, better mpg etc etc.
I, too, have thought about this. I’m not worried about saving money on tires, but a decent ride quality without sacrificing much off road capability is the driving factor. Then, I just go back to the thought Ford has it mostly figured out, so maybe I shouldn’t mess about with it. I can only speculate.

If I do change the tire size, I’ll likely go to the 285/75R17. On average, only .5” smaller than the 315/70R17, but 10-12% lighter, and skinnier, which may help with MPG. Only problem here is that you’re limited to e load, which is fine for me, but may negate the benefits I was after.

here’s some links to (1) the 285/75R17 and (2) it’s 315/70R17 counterpart. Check the specs.

BFG All Terrain
285/75R17 E load

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/Spec.j...reModel=All-Terrain+T/A+KO2&partnum=875SR7KO2
315/70R17 C load
https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tires....dewall=Blackwall&partnum=17SR7KO2V2&tab=Sizes

Cooper Discoverer A/T3
285/75R17 E Load

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tires....SR7DAXLT&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes
315/75R17 E Load
https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tires....White+Letters&partnum=17SR7DAXLTRWL&tab=Sizes

BFG Mud Terrain KM3
285/75R17 E Load

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tires....75QR7KM3&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes
315/70R17 E Load
https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tires....sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=17QR7KM3&tab=Sizes

So what I will do? Probably just drive it and enjoy it as is.

Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If this is a question for anyone out there I’d recommend that y’all step back and reconsider your vehicle use plan.

Translation: Don’t buy the Sasquatch package for looks.

I’ve got no beef with anyone’s personal plan for their Bronco, but let’s be honest with ourselves. If you have no plans to take your Bronco off-road or have concerns about MPG & tire replacement costs then maybe the Sasquatch package or Wildtrack trim isn’t the right choice for you. Just sayin, most stock SUV’s on 33’s Lare far more capable than the average consumer realizes.

Ok....stepping off my soap box now. Please return to your previously scheduled programming.

PEACE

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If this is a question for anyone out there I’d recommend that y’all step back and reconsider your vehicle use plan.

I’ve got no beef with anyone’s personal plan for their Bronco, but let’s be honest with ourselves. If you have no plans to take your Bronco off-road or have concerns about MPG & tire replacement costs then maybe the Sasquatch package or Wildtrack trim isn’t the right choice for you. Just sayin, most stock SUV’s on 33’s Lare far more capable than the average consumer realizes.

Ok....stepping off my soap box now. Please return to your previously scheduled programming.

PEACE
Counterpoint: The Base Sasquatch, especially with Manual, is a value and platform combination we probably won't see again. If there's even a chance you might want to use lockers down the line, the Base Squatch makes perfect sense. You'd be hard pressed to get that capability for near that cost down the road.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Counterpoint: The Base Sasquatch, especially with Manual, is a value and platform combination we probably won't see again. If there's even a chance you might want to use lockers down the line, the Base Squatch makes perfect sense. You'd be hard pressed to get that capability for near that cost down the road.

Maybe we have an misunderstanding. Base squatch is rad. Go for it. But don’t buy it if you think “maybe” you don’t need 315’s.

PEACE

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

78.9" on the 2dr squatch includes the rack?!
Good to know, thank you. I guess thats what they mean by MAX height?
Yeah. That chart is weird and that includes the rack.... you can confirm because if it didn’t it would mean the Sasquatch is 4” taller than the badlands after accounting for tire diameter differences, and we know that’s not true.

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

PEACE
I have concerns about those things with my current truck of 8 years, and I still upgraded to bigger tires. It's perfectly NORMAL AND FINE to be concerned about costs and mpg. If you don't consider these things, you aren't a serious person.

I don't understand why it's fine for people to discuss getting bigger tires, but if someone considers slightly smaller ones, suddenly "this is not for you" and "consider your vehicle use plan". Vehicle use plan? :rolleyes:

Ford Bronco Downsizing from 35" stock sasquatch tires to 33'' later? deep thoughts

I feel like this post is an attempt to get people to order something other than a Wildtrak so it won't be in such high demand. :LOL:

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have concerns about those things with my current truck of 8 years, and I still upgraded to bigger tires. It's perfectly NORMAL AND FINE to be concerned about costs and mpg. If you don't consider these things, you aren't a serious person.

I don't understand why it's fine for people to discuss getting bigger tires, but if someone considers slightly smaller ones, suddenly "this is not for you" and "consider your vehicle use plan". Vehicle use plan? :rolleyes:

Ford Bronco Downsizing from 35" stock sasquatch tires to 33'' later? deep thoughts

I feel like this post is an attempt to get people to order something other than a Wildtrak so it won't be in such high demand. :LOL:
Nope, I’m actually attempting to help people make good decisions. Take it for what it is.

PEACE.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope, I’m actually attempting to help people make good decisions. Take it for what it is.

PEACE.
Well, he was asking about the difference between 33s and 35s, not asking if anyone thinks he needs to make a vehicle plan. :LOL:

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, he was asking about the difference between 33s and 35s, not asking if anyone thinks he needs to make a vehicle plan. :LOL:
ok keyboard ninja. Let’s play.

IMPO he’s asking about “what happens if” someone buys a Sasquatch and then later decides to move back to a smaller tire. My good faith recommendation for this is don’t buy the Sasquatch package to start with.

and

33’s are still very capable

so, this is me attempting to give honest & supportive advice.

any questions?

PEACE
Sponsored