Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jason Cammisa takes the Bronco Raptor head-to-head against the Jeep Wrangler 392, Mercedes G-wagon and Landrover Defender 90 V8.

Acceleration Times
Mercedes G-Wagon: 3.9 sec 0-60 mph / 12.5 sec ¼ mile @ 110mph
Jeep Wrangler 392: 4.0 sec 0-60 mph / 12.9 sec ¼ mile @ 104mph
Defender 90 V8 (2-door): 4.4 sec 0-60 mph / 12.9 sec ¼ @ 109mph
Bronco Raptor: 5.9 sec 0-60 mph / 14.7 sec ¼ @ 92 mph

I think it’s time for a 2-door Raptor. Maybe Ford should consider adding a Raptor R V8 option to the 4-door to be competitive with the 392 as well. Although a 14.7 sec quarter mile for a 5700lb vehicle is still really good!

"In the real world, you put that thing against something like a Lamborghini Countach, my money is on the Raptor even though the 392 would leave them both for dead"

Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow the Bronco Raptor is so slow on acceleration compared to the others........does not matter at all to me. All are so far beyond my pay grade, LOL.

Sponsored

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well...the Defender has an Equestrian Pack option so I'm now selling my BL SAS and jumping ship. My horses will be thrilled.

Thank you,
Nick
If you have horses, they'd probably just be happy you switched to vehicle capable of towing their trailer. ;)

Maine Explorer

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What off-roader is the best on flat Pavement in a straight line! I can't wait to see which drag car is best at rock crawling now! Lol

I'd be happy to see this same test but just on some random straight away out on the trails in Baja

Maine Explorer

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well...the Defender has an Equestrian Pack option so I'm now selling my BL SAS and jumping ship. My horses will be thrilled.

Thank you,
Nick

Screen Shot 2022-07-14 at 9.28.05 AM.png

If you're willing to spring for the Bentley you can get the falcon package and transport your prize winning birds in style
Ford Bronco Drag Race: Bronco Raptor vs G63 AMG vs Wrangler 392 vs Defender V8 by Hagerty 1657817792130

Ford Bronco Drag Race: Bronco Raptor vs G63 AMG vs Wrangler 392 vs Defender V8 by Hagerty 1657817759164

BodieMonster

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Drag races are always fun but when you think about the ultimate street car, the benchmark is not how fast they run a quarter mile but how fast they lap the Nurburgring Nordschleife. So all in all, no surprises here as AMG engines are always dominate in a straight line but let's see how they all fare around an off-road circuit... My money is on the Braptor dominating.

Sponsored

FloatingMoat

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW F800GSA & Onewheel Pint
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What off-roader is the best on flat Pavement in a straight line! I can't wait to see which drag car is best at rock crawling now! Lol

I'd be happy to see this same test but just on some random straight away out on the trails in Baja
As much as I want to see this, I even more want to do this! (with someone else's vehicle.....)

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So basically, a Bronco Sasquatch with a 2.7L + CAI & piggyback tuner will equal or beat the Bronco Raptor - 0-60 & 1/4 mile... Like I said months back... where's the dude who was crying about the 800 RPM torque difference of the 3.0L Raptor crushing the 2.7... ;)

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Drag races are always fun but when you think about the ultimate street car, the benchmark is not how fast they run a quarter mile but how fast they lap the Nurburgring Nordschleife. So all in all, no surprises here as AMG engines are always dominate in a straight line but let's see how they all fare around an off-road circuit... My money is on the Braptor dominating.
Fastest production car lap time at Nurburgring (at last I knew) was a AMG 4.0 Biturbo V8. While is basically the ssme engine, it clearly wasn’t in a G Wagon!

these drag race videos of purpose built off road vehicles (mostly) are as pointless as running my GTS against its competitors on the Rubicon Trail. That video would also be quicker than a BRaptor 0-60 time.

But it is a nice distraction while we wait for our trucks to get built.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jason Cammisa takes the Bronco Raptor head-to-head against the Jeep Wrangler 392, Mercedes G-wagon and Landrover Defender 90 V8.

Acceleration Times
Mercedes G-Wagon: 3.9 sec 0-60 mph / 12.5 sec ¼ mile @ 110mph
Jeep Wrangler 392: 4.0 sec 0-60 mph / 12.9 sec ¼ mile @ 104mph
Defender 90 V8 (2-door): 4.4 sec 0-60 mph / 12.9 sec ¼ @ 109mph
Bronco Raptor: 5.9 sec 0-60 mph / 14.7 sec ¼ @ 92 mph

I think it’s time for a 2-door Raptor. Maybe Ford should consider adding a Raptor R V8 option to the 4-door to be competitive with the 392 as well. Although a 14.7 sec quarter mile for a 5700lb vehicle is still really good!

"In the real world, you put that thing against something like a Lamborghini Countach, my money is on the Raptor even though the 392 would leave them both for dead"

Now run the same test with just regular old speed bumps every dozen feet or so lol
Sponsored