Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well one thing about the bronco acceleration that does matter to me is the 0-10mph and it is TERRIBLE. I have the 2.7, 4-door Wildtrack, and pulling out in front of traffic is dangerous. Once the turbos kick in, it has lots of power, but the turbo lag is awful. My old 4Runner with 100 less HP was much faster off the line. Surprised I haven't seen more complaints about this.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well one thing about the bronco acceleration that does matter to me is the 0-10mph and it is TERRIBLE. I have the 2.7, 4-door Wildtrack, and pulling out in front of traffic is dangerous. Once the turbos kick in, it has lots of power, but the turbo lag is awful. My old 4Runner with 100 less HP was much faster off the line. Surprised I haven't seen more complaints about this.
Have you tried this in Sport mode? Mine is much better with that in Sport Mode (actually quite jumpy). And I only have that due to Forscan ;)

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Have you tried this in Sport mode? Mine is much better with that in Sport Mode (actually quite jumpy). And I only have that due to Forscan ;)
I have tried that but I tbing Sport mode is bad for the transmission. It makes for some very jerky gear shifts and like it’s asking to make things break earlier than they should.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your profile lists an S/C Cobra replica with 427 CID engine. So, I have to assume you are used to pulling out in front of people and using your 500 or 600 HP?

I’ve never owned a turbo charged vehicle before, but my 2.7L does not have anything I might call turbo lag.

Sponsored

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Int
Your profile lists an S/C Cobra replica with 427 CID engine. So, I have to assume you are used to pulling out in front of people and using your 500 or 600 HP?

I’ve never owned a turbo charged vehicle before, but my 2.7L does not have anything I might call turbo lag.
Interesting it is also my first daily driver with turbo and I think it’s a dog from 0-10. My 4Runner could at least get a chirp out of the tires. Not a chance on the bronco. And no I’m not expecting the face melting low end torque of a 7 liter V8. 2.7 liters does nothing until the turbos spin up.

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does every car need to be able to climb vertical rock faces, do 0-60 in under 3 seconds, and haul a family of 8?

I think the Bronco Raptor (and associated "fast" off roaders) is a waste of production capacity

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A rivian would make all of these look pedestrian....esp. on road....off-road, the Raptor should eat these rather easily, except maybe for the jeep.

Omarius

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JCW
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Jeep I’d wager is still better rock crawling and technical trails. Not as wide as an airbus a380. Braptor is obviously better in the desert but that’s such a limited use case.

I just wish they’d put the normal 5.7 hemi in a 2 door willys soft top.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

sorry, but I don't consider the G wagon or the defender to be in the same class here.. they are vehicles that will NEVER be driven off road - heck, the G wagon comes with tires that are more suited for a Corvette than an off-road vehicle, and the Defender looks like a fancy Honda Element ... both of them are jokes in this category as far as I'm concerned

Sponsored

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
sorry, but I don't consider the G wagon or the defender to be in the same class here.. they are vehicles that will NEVER be driven off road - heck, the G wagon comes with tires that are more suited for a Corvette than an off-road vehicle, and the Defender looks like a fancy Honda Element ... both of them are jokes in this category as far as I'm concerned
False. The G wagon is bad ass off road and there are multiple people in our Colorado Facebook group that drive them off road.

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Int

Interesting it is also my first daily driver with turbo and I think it’s a dog from 0-10. My 4Runner could at least get a chirp out of the tires. Not a chance on the bronco. And no I’m not expecting the face melting low end torque of a 7 liter V8. 2.7 liters does nothing until the turbos spin up.
As mentioned many times before, 1st gear has a lot of torque management so it feels rather underwhelming when getting on the gas hard in 1st gear.

Additionally, I’d be curious to see this tested again launching in 2nd gear. Might see 0-60 drop to the mid 5’s in the Braptor

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

False. The G wagon is bad ass off road and there are multiple people in our Colorado Facebook group that drive them off road.
I've never seen one with anything other than low profile street tires, and not much more ground clearance than a Civic, and I usually see a couple of them a day on my daily commute

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Certainly nobody would ever take a Defender off pavement. Mall crawlers, all of them! ;) (this should have been my Badlands in the Badlands, but I managed).
Ford Bronco Drag Race: Bronco Raptor vs G63 AMG vs Wrangler 392 vs Defender V8 by Hagerty 289606722_10228160711273585_3665861397354626651_n
Sponsored