First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a hard pill to swallow for me...
I'll be moving to a vehicle that is significantly slower than my current Ford Explorer...
I guess, once I trade in for the Bronco, I'll need to get used to starting every sentence with: "Yeah, but what about that time I went off-road...."
Sponsored

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a hard pill to swallow for me...
I'll be moving to a vehicle that is significantly slower than my current Ford Explorer...
I guess, once I trade in for the Bronco, I'll need to get used to starting every sentence with: "Yeah, but what about that time I went off-road...."
You won't need to justify anything wrong with speed on a moving brick. The brick is made for functional use on-road and is one of the best off-road vehicles you can buy. I don't think any brick is made for both amazing off-road ability and sportscar like handling and speed on-road.

With that being said, it's a convertible and nothing beats driving it around is awesome weather!

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have to wonder what would be your real opinion if for some reason, the Bronco was the fastest of the test?...
wouldn't change a thing. Honestly, how many people are really buying a Raptor for on-road 0-60 and 1/4 mile times? If anybody buys it for that reason, they should be getting different vehicle. The Raptor is best off-road, where it likes to be. It's only on-road to get to an off-road location. :cool:

MyFaux

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, TT 370Z
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No wonder this Jeep 392 guy was so smug at the gas station when I pulled in my 2.3L.

My other car though... Why buy Jack of all trades when you can have two Kings.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
wouldn't change a thing. Honestly, how many people are really buying a Raptor for on-road 0-60 and 1/4 mile times? If anybody buys it for that reason, they should be getting different vehicle. The Raptor is best off-road, where it likes to be. It's only on-road to get to an off-road location. :cool:
People are buying a Raptor to be driven on the street 95% of the time where faster is better than slower. People prefer Faster if given the choice regardless of it’s 4x4 that will go off-road. A Braptor that is designed for desert “running” should probably be somewhat fast and in this comparison, it is not.

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People are buying a Raptor to be driven on the street 95% of the time where faster is better than slower. People prefer Faster if given the choice regardless of it’s 4x4 that will go off-road. A Braptor that is designed for desert “running” should probably be somewhat fast and in this comparison, it is not.
The raptor, with 418hp is not fast? We have to consider what the vehicle is made for. Obviously, we all drive on the road. However, the Raptor was built to excel off-road. All those HOSS parts and off-road modes are not for parking lots. They're for off-road.

If you took the Raptor and put on smaller tires, changed the suspension, lowered it, changed the gear ration, etc....sure, you could make it fast. But, that's not what the raptor was built for.

Anyone buying a raptor for 0-60 speed should simply just buy a different vehicle. Get a Rivian...you can get 835hp and 0-60 in like 3 seconds. It has a bunch of drive modes and is more than capable off-road.
Sponsored