First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've never seen one with anything other than low profile street tires, and not much more ground clearance than a Civic, and I usually see a couple of them a day on my daily commute
Have you ever looked at them? They have awesome 4 wheel systems, 3 differentials and really good water fording. They’re one of the most capable vehicles off road. Of course that doesn’t help if Becky just bought it to drive to Malibu. But people do use them and the ones that do are treated to an awesome vehicle.
Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bet the Raptor put's them all to bed OFF road, as it's designed to... Who really cares about 1/4 mile times on these vehicles? Just my $.02.
Well, 99% of the time they’re driven on the road so it’s nice to have some decent acceleration, no?

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Int

Interesting it is also my first daily driver with turbo and I think it’s a dog from 0-10. My 4Runner could at least get a chirp out of the tires. Not a chance on the bronco. And no I’m not expecting the face melting low end torque of a 7 liter V8. 2.7 liters does nothing until the turbos spin up.
Perhaps you have waste gate issues….

tripjammer

Wildtrak
First Name
tripjammer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Basic JB4 piggy back is getting a 4 door wildtrak in the low 5 secs 0 to 60! Looks like you have to launch in second gear also remember there is no launch control either! These are just hard launches and like you never gonna use launch control on the street either.

Launch these suckers even the Braptor in second gear. Ford probably should have made a version of the dual clutch in the GT500 into the Braptor and F150 raptor and hopefully raptor R or put a beefier 10 speed! Could be just programming!

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base

Basic JB4 piggy back is getting a 4 door wildtrak in the low 5 secs 0 to 60! Looks like you have to launch in second gear also remember there is no launch control either! These are just hard launches and like you never gonna use launch control on the street either.

Launch these suckers even the Braptor in second gear. Ford probably should have made a version of the dual clutch in the GT500 into the Braptor and F150 raptor and hopefully raptor R or put a beefier 10 speed! Could be just programming!
I have seen the video and agree, why use the 10R60 for all Broncos and limit the output of the engine instead of installing a more robust transmission like the 10R8 and not use a bandaid like torque limiting the engine. It's like Ford knew....

I understand that launching in 2nd is faster but it's not the way the vehicle was designed, just a loophole to bypass the torque limiting.

Sponsored

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, 99% of the time they’re driven on the road so it’s nice to have some decent acceleration, no?
I'm back to the get a sports car mode if you buy an off-road or off-road looking vehicle for speedy road use. The suggestion that a truck that can navigate extreme terrain should also be going 0-60 in under 4.5 seconds is absurd. Yeah, the aerodynamics of a brick really aid this function.

I've never seen a G wagon except for the lower profile tires and on the road. Is it off-road capable? Sure...that's the original intent, but for$150k plus, you're going to see that in perhaps, maybe .001 percent of them. With a raptor, likely, 60-70% are going to use the vehicle, as intended. Oh, and it's half the price. Does the 0-60 time really matter? Who's going to be drag racing these things, and is so, why? Go tackle some boulders.

This notion that a jeep looking, bronco looking vehicle should have incredible acceleration when coming off a ramp onto a highway is silly, at best. Sure, will you mostly have it on the road? yes...but this is the issue. What is best off-road is certainly not what is best on-road. Pick a vehicle that matches what you want.

Off my soapbox!

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh, decent is relative. Even the 4 cylinder bronco accelerates quickly enough for any need. I'd never buy an off-road based vehicle based on its quarter mile or 0-60 time. It's not going to be a quiet ride, it's not meant to be the most comfortable ride, either. It's a truck and meant for doing things a sports car cannot. Whereas a sports car can do thing this cannot do.

Nobody is putting only a 100hp engine in these things that would make it undriveable in the mountains of colorado on the road...or off-road. :)

My 1985 4Runner was built with a 117hp engine (it has upgrades so maybe now it's 130hp)...it's super slow, but it I've never had an acceleration issue on a highway or anywhere else. It probably takes 3 minutes for it to hit 60mph...lol

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you ever looked at them? They have awesome 4 wheel systems, 3 differentials and really good water fording. They’re one of the most capable vehicles off road. Of course that doesn’t help if Becky just bought it to drive to Malibu. But people do use them and the ones that do are treated to an awesome vehicle.
don't be picking on Becky! :alien:

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh, decent is relative. Even the 4 cylinder bronco accelerates quickly enough for any need. I'd never buy an off-road based vehicle based on its quarter mile or 0-60 time. It's not going to be a quiet ride, it's not meant to be the most comfortable ride, either. It's a truck and meant for doing things a sports car cannot. Whereas a sports car can do thing this cannot do.

Nobody is putting only a 100hp engine in these things that would make it undriveable in the mountains of colorado on the road...or off-road. :)

My 1985 4Runner was built with a 117hp engine (it has upgrades so manybe now it's 130hp)...it's super slow, but it I've never had an acceleration issue on a highway or anywhere else. It probably takes 3 minutes for it to hit 60mph...lol
I had a old Toyota 22re pickup with a 5 speed and it was a fun truck. I have a 21 Badlands 2Dr 2.3 7MT and it’s slow but still fun. It would be more fun the 99% of the time it’s on paved road if it had more power and was quicker but I chose driver engagement of the 7mt over a bigger engine(which is still slow). If there was no manual Bronco, I wouldn’t have a Bronco . I don’t expect my Bronco to be a sports car, but it should at least be engaging.

I have modified Subaru STis for going faster but wouldn’t mind my 4x4 being quick too and in the comparison the Braptor is so much slower, it’s seems like a typo. In that price range which is way more than I would ever pay for a 4x4, I would expect more but I wouldn’t buy any of them because no manual :)

Sponsored

acarzt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have tried that but I tbing Sport mode is bad for the transmission. It makes for some very jerky gear shifts and like it’s asking to make things break earlier than they should.

If you think it's jerky shifting gears in Sport mode, wait until you try 4L 😂

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm back to the get a sports car mode if you buy an off-road or off-road looking vehicle for speedy road use. The suggestion that a truck that can navigate extreme terrain should also be going 0-60 in under 4.5 seconds is absurd. Yeah, the aerodynamics of a brick really aid this function.

I've never seen a G wagon except for the lower profile tires and on the road. Is it off-road capable? Sure...that's the original intent, but for$150k plus, you're going to see that in perhaps, maybe .001 percent of them. With a raptor, likely, 60-70% are going to use the vehicle, as intended. Oh, and it's half the price. Does the 0-60 time really matter? Who's going to be drag racing these things, and is so, why? Go tackle some boulders.

This notion that a jeep looking, bronco looking vehicle should have incredible acceleration when coming off a ramp onto a highway is silly, at best. Sure, will you mostly have it on the road? yes...but this is the issue. What is best off-road is certainly not what is best on-road. Pick a vehicle that matches what you want.

Off my soapbox!
I have to wonder what would be your real opinion if for some reason, the Bronco was the fastest of the test?...

tripjammer

Wildtrak
First Name
tripjammer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have to wonder what would be your real opinion if for some reason, the Bronco was the fastest of the test?...
A 2door Bronco wildtrak JB4 tuned will be faster than a stock Braptor but it still won’t be a Braptor! Still FORD should have put in a beefier transmisión in all the broncos! Still once people finally get their Braptors and the good tunners start to tune the 3.0 in them (since they have a different turbo than in the Exploder ST) we are gonna see some beast Braptors! I have been following some of the direct ECU tuners and they figured out how to tune the wonkiness of the 10 speed auto in the ST and Raptor so we should have some good times coming for all of us!

computertom

Raptor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'80 911SC, '22 Raptor, & '22 R1T
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Who on earth would buy a 4x4 just because it’s fast 0-60? Well, this wasn’t the only reason, but it was a reason, and dang, it’s a blast. Ridiculously capable, loud when I want it to be, high riding, fast, (well, quick), with a great top, blast. Never would have even considered it if Ford had been able to do what they agreed to do with my ancient Badlands order. But today, I’m glad I did, because this thing is good to great at everything including beating just about everyone off the line, which is something I do every single day. This thing is absurd, no doubt. Thanks Ford for pushing Jeep to build it. Now please get back to building those Raptors! :)

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome video. None are within my set budget but I would love to have any of those trucks, or car.
Sponsored