Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco just isn’t very fast. It’s fine. It doesn’t need to be. It was stupid to begin with that everyone was talking about how much faster it was going to be than the Jeep. No one should care. But the excuses for it are getting a little silly. It’s just slow. People just need to figure out if it’s fast enough to merge on the freeway and pull out from a stoplight and give up the rest. No amount of speculation about driver skill, wind speed, or Earth’s rotation is going to make a 5000 pound rectangle with 330HP quick.
Don’t forget, TFL is notorious for calling out that they’re “1 mile above sea level.” :rolleyes:
Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Elevation or not 10.2 is pretty damn bad. The F-150 they tested with the 2.7 hit 60 in 6.99 seconds and that was an older model that still had the 6R80

My Duramax ZR2 will hit 60 is just over 9 seconds. It has 180hp....

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m sure these are neutered in 1st and 2nd gear. Ford is afraid we are going to start destroying shit. A couple hard launches with full torque and these big tires is a recipe for trashing this transmission. That’s my fear. I feel like addressing the failure points on the trans is the way past this obstacle. Once people start getting it tuned and destroying transmissions we will learn about a fix.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

something is amiss, Ford claims closer to 6 seconds 0-60

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The results really weren’t surprising. Any ICE at a mile above sea level is going to be gasping for air where an electric hybrid is completely unaffected by changes in ambient air pressure.

As for the FJ, it weighs substantially less than the Bronco, and isn’t turning massive 35”‘S.

Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Plus 35” tires and crazy soft suspension and shift points to accommodate all that and mile high elevation. Get a 2dr big bend with sport mode at sea level if you really want to drag race a bronco. This is so dumb.
Would you be able to inform me on some of these? How would a soft suspension lead to slower times? Too much transfer of weight on the start instead of forward movement? When it comes to shift points, were assuming it short shifts instead of holding gears?

With the gear ratio, i thought it would have some help getting out of the hole, but who knows. I also haven't looked at the actual ratios in the transmission, so that could be drastically different than the f150.

This has just solidified my choice of the 2.7 here in denver, as if the 2.7 is a 10 second 0-60, i dont want to see the number on the 2.3.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does it feel like there's a lot of torque management going on in lower gears? Any word from 5* on tuning that out?
Car and Driver got their best time by starting in 2nd gear so that should tell you something funky is going on. Tuners can probably get this sorted out but it's concerning that Ford is trying to protect something by limiting torque.

BFizzy

Big Bend
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Would you be able to inform me on some of these? How would a soft suspension lead to slower times? Too much transfer of weight on the start instead of forward movement? When it comes to shift points, were assuming it short shifts instead of holding gears?

With the gear ratio, i thought it would have some help getting out of the hole, but who knows. I also haven't looked at the actual ratios in the transmission, so that could be drastically different than the f150.

This has just solidified my choice of the 2.7 here in denver, as if the 2.7 is a 10 second 0-60, i dont want to see the number on the 2.3.
I can only speculate, but I’ve heard the FE doesn’t have sport mode. The 2.3 manual could possibly be quicker in some situations since there is complete control over the shift points.

bigtexyahoocom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 S2000
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Car and Driver got their best time by starting in 2nd gear so that should tell you something funky is going on. Tuners can probably get this sorted out but it's concerning that Ford is trying to protect something by limiting torque.
I mean they did put the 10R60 in there. Just wait until people start grenading transmissions with tunes like they did in the RS. It’s coming.

Sponsored

foremi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, T1 V10, T7, YXZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

More than a couple cars are faster skipping 1st gear because its usually so low and it takes time to make that shift. With a torque converter you can just let the torque converter figure it out and skip the shift.

People are over reacting. The sasquatch's have 4.70 diffs, with monster heavy tires, with associated drivetrain friction and weigh like 5300lbs in 4dr trim. If you expected something like this to be "fast" then you bought the wrong vehicle and it has nothing to do with any torque limiting ford is doing in low gears.

Skdmarc

Outer Banks
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Funny how they mention the only wrangler they can get their hands on is a hybrid electric version. Why not that sport jeep Tommy just bought? Any gas engine minus NOS and tuning looks weak compared to an instant torque electric engine.
I watched one with the 3.6 and it beat the bronco also

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To all of the Ford owners-

Could it be detuned because of their transmission choice (which some believe is inferior)?

KEM IA

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can only speculate, but I’ve heard the FE doesn’t have sport mode. The 2.3 manual could possibly be quicker in some situations since there is complete control over the shift points.
From previous reviews it doesn't take long before you need to go from 1st to 2nd. I wonder if the run time would be better for the manual doing the same like the auto?
Sponsored