First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I wonder if there are threads on the Mustang forum about not being great at rock crawling…
Sponsored

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Where did Ford claim that?
well, I remember the stats, but in the thousands of things I've read, I can't remember right now. It might have been Car and Driver or someone else. I retract that Ford stated it.

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
More likely there will be a mild hybrid engine option in a few model years

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its all about the driver

Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Probably not. It's not like the Wrangler's use a superior transmission with massive amounts of overhead capability. An 850RE is only rated for 500nm, which is not much more than the 2.0t has.

People are looking way more into this because they don't understand what it means and everyone is looking at this vehicle with 4.70 diff gearing, relatively low trans gearing (meaning lots of shifts before freeway speeds) and massively heavy 35in tires with a 5300lb curb weight and wondering why a vehicle with a lower curb weight, lower gear diff's, similar HP, and smaller tires is faster.

There is literally nothing going on here. It's common sense.
Shouldnt the lower gearing help the Bronco? It should help it from the start. Jeep is heavier according to the video by several hundred pounds. I think this is all about the electric motor in the jeep, but the rest isnt exactly stacked against the bronco from the jeep side.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have not, but I don't have a lead foot either. I'm not worried. It's got 35's for F sake.
I'm the same way - apparently getting older, but I'm almost never going to go 0-60 the fastest possible and definitely not in a way where a second or two is going to make any difference at all.

IAt some point you’ll be in a situation where you have to pull out into traffic. To me it lacks the confidence to get me out of some situations safely. I live in a moderate sized city and sometimes you have to just go or you’ll never get out.
What do all the other people who live in your moderate sized city do? Because lots of them are driving vehicles as slow or slower than the Bronco.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Drag Race by TFL: Bronco First Edition 2.7L vs. Jeep Wrangler 4XE vs. Toyota FJ giphy

In all seriousness, I haven't driven one yet but everything I've read and seen from people that have, said it was peppy and fun to drive (even the 2.3L). To be fair, they were not drag racing against any other vehicles so if someone plans to be doing that, maybe they will be disappointed. 🤷‍♂️

BFizzy

Big Bend
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
4dr FE weighs 800lbs more than a 4dr Big Bend
4dr FE weighs 1000lbs more than a 2dr Big Bend

foremi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, T1 V10, T7, YXZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Shouldnt the lower gearing help the Bronco? It should help it from the start. Jeep is heavier according to the video by several hundred pounds. I think this is all about the electric motor in the jeep, but the rest isnt exactly stacked against the bronco from the jeep side.
Lower gearing CAN help, but you also have to take into account how many times the 10spd will need to shift, the higher propshaft speeds which increase parasitic loss and the rotational mass of the massive tires.

My point is there is ALOT working against the Bronco in this test and none of it is torque limiting. For all we know if the 2.7t has torque limiting going on it's to save axles, propshafts, and cv's, not the trans.

Sponsored

Skdmarc

Outer Banks
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m sure this is true. Question was it w/out sas?
The one I watched was a pretty evenly matched with numbers and pump gas I was amazed as much of a dog as the 3.6 is it beat the bronco in normal and spooled up sport mode I know these vehicles aren't made for speed but my God if you're slower than a wrangler that's pretty bad

zzcoop

Black Diamond
First Name
A-A-Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.postrockimages.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lots of butthurt and excuses in this thread. For $60,000 and a twin turbo 2.7 these results are a little disappointing. Yes, it’s an off-road vehicle. Still doesn’t excuse 8-10 second 0-60 times in the 4dr. 2.7 SAS Broncos. That’s just slow

foremi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, T1 V10, T7, YXZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lots of butthurt and excuses in this thread. For $60,000 and a twin turbo 2.7 these results are a little disappointing. Yes, it’s an off-road vehicle. Still doesn’t excuse 8-10 second 0-60 times in the 4dr. 2.7 SAS Broncos. That’s just slow
It's also PHYSICS. Physics don't care how much you paid.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The one I watched was a pretty evenly matched with numbers and pump gas I was amazed as much of a dog as the 3.6 is it beat the bronco in normal and spooled up sport mode I know these vehicles aren't made for speed but my God if you're slower than a wrangler that's pretty bad
If it’s the one I saw, it was an Outer Banks without sas, but with 35s added and no re-gear. That was not reasonable in any sense.
Sponsored