First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Every other review I've seen of the exact same build (2.7L first edition SAS) has the 0-60 times in the 7 to 8.2 second range. They must be doing this video WAY above sea level and running the 4xe on electric only mode rather than hybrid mode so that the elevation doesn't affect the Jeep but does affect the gas engine of the Bronco. In other words, in real world conditions in most states the results would likely be much much closer. The 4xe should still normally win, but in hybrid mode would be within a 0.5 seconds of the sasquatch'ed first edition bronco.
Colorado so 5,280 which makes this comparison even more idiotic.
Sponsored

Kniven3

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

10 sec 0 to 60 sucks.

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

giphy.gif

In all seriousness, I haven't driven one yet but everything I've read and seen from people that have, said it was peppy and fun to drive (even the 2.3L). To be fair, they were not drag racing against any other vehicles so if someone plans to be doing that, maybe they will be disappointed. 🤷‍♂️
can confirm, 2.7 4 door indeed “peppy and fun”

Where is that skinny Waldo dude who decided to get a 2-door jl with literally nothing over a 2 door bronco with way more for same price..:cautious:
Waldo 😂

foremi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, T1 V10, T7, YXZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
can confirm, 2.7 4 door indeed “peppy and fun”
I am willing to bet it is more peppy and fun than my Colorado with the 2.8L diesel that has less torque and damn near half the horsepower than the 2.7t and the ancient GM 6 speed auto.

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for the discussion all!

It might not be all that quick but wait for the off-road vid tomorrow ;)

Car & Driver does excellent testing but keep in mind it’s the best BEST case scenario often involving a prepped race surface, sea level, a skinny driver, no gas etc. They’ll even do stuff like neutral drops to get the best possible times!

We do repeat our tests several times off camera to make sure they’re consistent. we call it “real world testing” and often being at 6,000 feet it will typically be between 1-1.5 seconds off the sea level times. And that’s before you factor in the fact we live off bagels and McDonalds and might be a little chunkier than an ideal racing driver ;)
Roman,
I didn’t hear you tell what mode you had the Bronco in. With traction control on, I suspect that you were in Normal mode and did not try to put it into a pseudo Sport mode by using Baja mode and then turning off different features.

Why Sport mode is not included on every model is beyond me. There is no reason why Ford cannot put all the modes on every Bronco. Maybe we will get lucky and we can buy the different modes we want from the dealer and they flash them into our trucks.

Thanks for the video….

Sponsored

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am willing to bet it is more peppy and fun than my Colorado with the 2.8L diesel that has less torque and damn near half the horsepower than the 2.7t and the ancient GM 6 speed auto.
I mean, once spooled, it has better pull than my 2014 Ford 3.7 v6 (less popularly known as the “cyclone” engine for Mustang). Felt similarly quick overall, but it can also jump sand dunes and rock crawl and fit 4 people plus gear and have no roof or doors. 😎

I was not disappointed!

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well, Ford marketed the Bronco as an off road vehicle that you can drive everyday if you want. So, I'm really not concerned about 0-60 times. And I find it strange that I've never seen a video with the Jeep, and the FJ in a drag race before the Bronco came along. Looks more like videos we call "click bate" than anything else. Years ago we drove Volkswagen Beetles with 40 hp, and no one worried about pulling out in traffic. That's because we didn't pull out in front of other cars. We actually waited until it was clear to pull out. It's like me buying my Jeep JL, and then then grumbling that it doesn't corner as good as my wife's Mustang.

Last edited:

Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Starting to seem like Ford did something to detune the performance of the 2.7L combined with the 10r60 Tranny to keep it from grenading it. The F150 with the same engine and heavier goes almost 3 secs faster, Ford has some splann'n to do!

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
This video is trash…. They drag race while the bronco is in 2 high with traction control on… it’s for the views and to make FCA happy. Like I said trash.
100% agreed. 10 second 0-60 is similar to my 3.8 JK that is only a few hundred pounds lighter and with nearly 40% less torque and horsepower

Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does that f150 have 4.70 diff ratios? How about 35in tall tires on 17in wheels?

The answer is no, so it's not evenly remotely similar.
It may not be identically similar, but anyone that knows how speed and drag racing works knows that the 4.7 should give it a numerical advantage. Especially for launch torque something in the transmission has been tuned to retard performance. It's not the engine and its most certainly not the gear ratio at 4.7 that should snap your neck back most muscle car era cars run 3.73 and 4.10's. And in Jeep land going up to a higher gear like a 4.85 or a 5.13 to run larger tires you will feel every bit of that but torque.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model