Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

98% of you guys watching this video...
Ford Bronco Drag Race by TFL: Bronco First Edition 2.7L vs. Jeep Wrangler 4XE vs. Toyota FJ baby-angry
Sponsored

NVBronco813

Big Bend
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Google suggested this to me the other day with some disparaging comment about how the Bronco failed…

My reaction was: Well it’s a good thing I’m not buying one to drag race then.

Stupid test for off-road vehicles IMO.

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
But will you DRAG RACE IT? A mature driver doesn't drive like a bat out of hell. Do you really need to get up to 60 or 80 in 10 or 20 seconds, or will 25 do? Or "beat" the guy next to you to the next light? I'll answer that - many of my old vehicles are no where near as fast as todays, yet I get along on the highways just fine. My tongue in cheek analogy makes sense....if you aren't a racer.
Sometimes, yes, you need to get up to 60+ in a relatively short time. I regularly have to enter a freeway from a dead stop up an on ramp that is ~ 150 yards long. The traffic is usually running faster than 70. Getting up to speed quickly greatly reduces the pucker factor when trying to merge between speeding semis...

Rhino67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, pathfinder, altima (miss my F150)
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's an off road vehicle, so really I could care less.

More importantly I actually have driven my basesqautch 2.7 plenty now. And it destroys my 2017 Wrangler in every way possible. Including acceleration by far.

Sponsored

r21free

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd like to see the time slip on that one! 😲
Im planning to going back friday and do a video with time slip...Also going to do another one after i get it tuned ..To compare..

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't get it. An F150 weighs 5000Lbs and the 2.7 works really good in it...
With proper hearing, those 35's can't be slowing it down that much....
Right??
Exactly! I'm not going to drag race mine but I am likely going to pull onto a busy 2 lane road with limited visibility and a 3k pound trailer and I'd like to know I'm not going to get creamed doing so.

Ricky_gibbs

Base
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini countryman
Your Bronco Model
Base
just waiting for one of them to come here and say “BrOncO mOtOr is deTuneD for the first 100000 miles for the break in process” “you shouldn’t buy a Bronco to drag race”
🤷‍♂️
It's like buying a boat to cruise in the death valley. Just don't make sense

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Exactly! I'm not going to drag race mine but I am likely going to pull onto a busy 2 lane road with limited visibility and a 3k pound trailer and I'd like to know I'm not going to get creamed doing so.
You’ll get creamed. I drove a 2.7 2 door and it literally takes a few seconds for the turbos to kick in. Besides that and the windows getting caught in the frame that’s the only complaints I have.

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For you speed demons, remember 50% of the cars on the highway are much slower than these Broncos. And no one said you had to max out the luxury options to try to make a Lexus out of it, and pay $62,000. Why do that when there are only two basic engines? I might pay more for more power. I'm not going to option out something that doesn't have the power I want.

But I'm paying $38K for my Big Bend - and the engine HP and quickness to match a $38K truck. Basically, my bare-bones Bronco will beat your optioned out, heavy Bronco, if I cared to race. If I wanted a screaming banshee, I'd buy something else. I say again, the Broncos are fast enough for people that don't want to "beat everyone" in everything they do.

Hornet

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
just 17MPG you'd expect more get up and go.

OP
OP
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco (ordered), Rusting Tacoma, R1200GS Adv
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
just 17MPG you'd expect more get up and go.
Car and Driver and Motor Trend have both gotten faster 0-60 numbers. So I'm assuming being at such a high elevation would have a big effect on the Bronco's acceleration. I don't recall the numbers as this is not why I'm buying a Bronco. The poor MPG does bother me though.
Sponsored