jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M Coupe // Volvo P1800S // Caterham CSR 200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For sure I’m not getting a bronco to race in,.. but with 330hp,.. I was expecting better. 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
But will you DRAG RACE IT?

A mature driver doesn't drive like a bat out of hell.
Mature driver... LOL, not here.

Of course I am going to drag race it. I am going to throw some 26" drag radials on it, throw it in Baja mode, unlock the front diff, and maybe spray a 25 HP shot of nitrous to spool the turbos.

Fix that nasty hole in the transmission mapping and it will run 10's. ;)

steevenk

Black Diamond
First Name
kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 AWD Astro, '90 G20 Van, '14 Subaru Forester XT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
99.9% of the 0-60 times we have running around in our heads are from Car and Driver, MotorTrend, etc. People can bitch about how those publications perform their tests, but the results from those tests have formed the foundational basis of our understanding of 0-60 times.

This thread was a very frustrating read. The only thing a TFL 0-60 Bronco time should be compared to are other TFL 0-60 tests.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
For you speed demons, remember 50% of the cars on the highway are much slower than these Broncos. And no one said you had to max out the luxury options to try to make a Lexus out of it, and pay $62,000. Why do that when there are only two basic engines? I might pay more for more power. I'm not going to option out something that doesn't have the power I want.

But I'm paying $38K for my Big Bend - and the engine HP and quickness to match a $38K truck. Basically, my bare-bones Bronco will beat your optioned out, heavy Bronco, if I cared to race. If I wanted a screaming banshee, I'd buy something else. I say again, the Broncos are fast enough for people that don't want to "beat everyone" in everything they do.
This, at $50k+ I expect/require a V8, at $38k my expectations aren’t as high.

TCC

Wildtrak
First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX -> WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I thought the turbos made up for the altitude issue? Don't they adjust automatically based on whatever the local atmospheric pressure is? Videos like this is why I never had any interest in the larger tires, they're better for only h.d. off roading, worse for everything else.
I used to track turbo Porsches, so yes, a turbo will overcome atmospheric differences but only with high octane fuel and management that can burn it without blowing up the motor. I did not read what fuel was used.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does the Bronco have an additional gauge screen like Jeep?

4672E678-F7D7-4496-A515-C9388088751F.jpeg
Sponsored