First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello there, I tried to search in threads to see if this has been discussed before
My outerbanks was delivered two days ago, today it rained hard so I put it on 4H and when I was doing a tight turn at slow speed to park I felt like it dragged the rear wheel. Kinda what the truck does with the turn assist but it was not enabled and traction control was on, I selected 2H and felt the same, also the car brakes itself, it does not coast (like if it was in 4L) I am new to 4x4 vehicles so I am not sure if this is normal.
Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t have lockers, did you mean these??
Yeah. You don't? Huh. I'm an accountant, not a mechanic.... So maybe traction control brake sticking.

OP
OP
feralc

feralc

Outer Banks
First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Actually I just replicated the same by selecting 4H, the steering feels heavy and the rear tire drags. It was raining so I chose 4H to have more traction, but at slow speeds it feels really weird.
I put it back on 2H and still did the same, so my guess is 2H takes a bit of distance to fully disengage the front axle.

Last edited:

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Actually I just replicated the same by selecting 4H, the steering feels heavy and the rear tire drags. It was raining so I chose 4H to have more traction, but at slow speeds it feels really weird.
I put it back on 2H and still did the same, so my guess is 2H takes a bit of distance to fully disengage the front axle.
Why were you using 4 wheel drive in the rain. You're risking damaging the system. What you felt was shit binding up.

OP
OP
feralc

feralc

Outer Banks
First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why were you using 4 wheel drive in the rain. You're risking damaging the system. What you felt was shit binding up.
Because I am an IDIOT
I Just realized what binding is
Somewhere I read 4H could be used for slippery situations and it was raining really hard. Anyways everyday you learn something new
Thanks

BroncoDude

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 3.5EB, 2021 2DR Base 2.7L Auto
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Because I am an IDIOT
Somewhere I read 4H could be used for slippery situations and it was raining really hard. Anyways everyday you learn something new
Thanks
Rain is not considered a "slippery situation". That requires 4H, or any other 4 wheel setting activated. Use 2h in the rain and reduce speed if required. Please don't do that again or you could actually break stuff that may not be covered under warranty = $$$. Read the manual or do one of those virtual tours of your rig that Ford offers if you have any questions. Good luck and enjoy your new Bronco!

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Now you know.

Sponsored
OP
OP
feralc

feralc

Outer Banks
First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Rain is not considered a "slippery situation". That requires 4H, or any other 4 wheel setting activated. Use 2h in the rain and reduce speed if required. Please don't do that again or you could actually break stuff that may not be covered under warranty = $$$. Read the manual or do one of those virtual tours of your rig that Ford offers if you have any questions. Good luck and enjoy your new Bronco!
Thanks
I hope using 4H on the freeway for a short trip would not break anything, I could imagine how many trucks or demos would be in the shop if it was so fragile
Well I Hope!! Haha thanks everybody

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Because I am an IDIOT
Thanks
Yeah but you said it happened in 2H, so it shouldn't be the 4x4 binding up on you. Unless the TC is defective perhaps? At work we had a brand new truck with a rear diff not put together properly from the factory. This kind of thing is rare but could happen. I'd take it in to get checked out so that you can make sure any defect is covered under warranty.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rain is not considered a "slippery situation". That requires 4H, or any other 4 wheel setting activated.
4A would like to have a word with you.

OP a few miles in 4H on straight wet roads won't break anything but definitely don't make a habit of it. Save it for off-roading or snow/ice covered roads.

OP
OP
feralc

feralc

Outer Banks
First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah but you said it happened in 2H, so it shouldn't be the 4x4 binding up on you. Unless the TC is defective perhaps? At work we had a brand new truck with a rear diff not put together properly from the factory. This kind of thing is rare but could happen. I'd take it in to get checked out so that you can make sure any defect is covered under warranty.
Yes it did but after selecting it from 4H, it seems the front axle disengages but you need to drive a little to fully disengage it