Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So Saturday night we picked up my Bronco at the dealership. Cyber Orange 2 door, 2.7L, SAS, yadda yadda. Oddly, I let my newly licensed daughter drive first. I rode in the front passenger seat and my wife and other two kids in back. Despite the heavy downpour, the Bronco rode very nice. Very quiet and smooth. It was a great first impression. I did notice the transfer case was in 4A, so I went ahead switched to 2H. About that time we were forced to exit the highway due to flooding, which was fine since we needed to fuel up, and I wanted a turn behind the wheel.

We pulled into the gas station at the end of the exit ramp. I jumped out to pump the gas. Now I don't know if it was the bright gas station lights or what, but the Cyber Orange appeared white, Oxford White. Very sharp looking, I was okay with that.

Immediately a small crowd started to gather. Phones out and questions flying like a presidential news conference. I'm generally a pretty low key guy, but since I knew I had one the first Broncos, I invited everyone to feel free to check it out.

Within seconds it was like a full-on border crossing smuggling inspection. I couldn't keep up with everyone. I hadn't even had chance to check everything out yet. One fella was desperately trying to open the hood. I advised him I need to open it from the cab. That's when I noticed a bit of an odd Easter egg. The hood release handle was a chrome jeep grill. I popped the hood and headed around front.

The guy was having a hell of a time with the multi-piece hood prop. It's an odd design, somewhat like a trigger on a primitive deadfall trap. Definitely a bit sketch, but once you figure it out, seems stable enough.

Just as I got the hood prop in place someone else was asking about a gadget they found in a cloth bag stashed somewhere in the Bronco. I'm still not sure what it is. It appeared to be some sort of micro PTO accessory. It looked similar to a wire tensioner on a mig welder. I was looking around the grill area to see where it might connect.

And then I woke up.

So there it is. I feel like there are some things to unpack here. I don't know what it all means. Feel free to analyze my childhood or omens of what's to come.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BLTN

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands; '95 Jeep XJ; '05 F-350; '07 Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

--You're tired of waiting for this to end
--You want to turn your dream Bronco into a real Bronco
--Welcome to the BroncoNuts Club...we have t-shirts...

4everbored

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nada
Your Bronco Model
Base
So Saturday night we picked up my Bronco at the dealership. Cyber Orange 2 door, 2.7L, SAS, yadda yadda. Oddly, I let my newly licensed daughter drive first. I rode in the front passenger seat and my wife and other two kids in back. Despite the heavy downpour, the Bronco rode very nice. Very quiet and smooth. It was a great first impression. I did notice the transfer case was in 4A, so I went ahead switched to 2H. About that time we were forced to exit the highway due to flooding, which was fine since we needed to fuel up, and I wanted a turn behind the wheel.

We pulled into the gas station at the end of the exit ramp. I jumped out to pump the gas. Now I don't know if it was the bright gas station lights or what, but the Cyber Orange appeared white, Oxford White. Very sharp looking, I was okay with that.

Immediately a small crowd started to gather. Phones out and questions flying like a presidential news conference. I'm generally a pretty low key guy, but since I knew I had one the first Broncos, I invited everyone to feel free to check it out.

Within seconds it was like a full-on border crossing smuggling inspection. I couldn't keep up with everyone. I hadn't even had chance to check everything out yet. One fella was desperately trying to open the hood. I advised him I need to open it from the cab. That's when I noticed a bit of an odd Easter egg. The hood release handle was a chrome jeep grill. I popped the hood and headed around front.

The guy was having a hell of a time with the multi-piece hood prop. It's an odd design, somewhat like a trigger on a primitive deadfall trap. Definitely a bit sketch, but once you figure it out, seems stable enough.

Just as I got the hood prop in place some else was asking about a gadget they found in a cloth bag stashed somewhere in the Bronco. I'm still not sure what it is. It appeared to be some sort of micro PTO accessory. It looked similar to a wire tensioner on a mig welder. I was looking around the grill area to see where it might connect.

And then I woke up.

So there it is. I feel like there are some things to unpack here. I don't know what it all means. Feel free to analyze my childhood or omens of what's to come.
You got a 2 door this fast? I thought those were late summer. I was told I won't get my 2 door until 2022.

MrOzMan

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Damn that was good! I keep reading people not wanting to compromise by changing their order because they want it the way they want it. It’s amazing Ford even offers it the way they want it, because I want mine with a 3.0 or 3.5 V6. Right now, just give me some kind of Badlands….2.3, 2.7… just build the damn thing Ford!

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cool dream