Sponsored

Dream World, if it were up to you what exactly would the new Bronco be?

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, to check all of the boxes that you want, what would the new bronco be like, for you?

I'll start:
Solid front, Dana 44 or stronger. Solid rear, sterling or D60. 4-link coil over on front preferably (on back would be awesome too....).
e-lock option, limited slip std, manual locking hubs of course.
coyote 5.0, naturally aspirated, water proofed and vented at the cowl, top mounted air filter or snorkel.
96" wheelbase, fits 33" stock, 35" with 2" lift.
completely removeable top, two options, mini pickup or full SUV, maybe interhcangeable, with a roll cage behind where the pickup top would mount but under the SUV top. This could help with the legalese for an uncovered passenger area.
easily removeable rear seat, recaro fronts as an option.
vinyl/rubber floor option and waterproof seat option. I would like to see wade depth of at least the floorboards.
5 spd manual floor shift, solid granny gear and low transfer case gear. 3.73 or lower (numerically higher) gears
normal tailgate, with upper glass either fully retractable ala 78-79, or glass is on the SUV roof.
minimal overhang,would need bottom of bumpers and floor boards above differential to get this right.
Bright ass color options, like last years orange and green on the mustang.
Marine grade stereo system, or a minimalists system easy to replace.
flat uncomplicated dash, round mechanical or analog gauges, upfitter switch panel.
2-bolt removeable doors. take two nuts off per door, lift the door, and maybe a quick disconnect for any electronics (windows, locks,etc). door open switch could be handled with a slide cover to depress switch when doors are off.

I think when it comes down to it, I want a new 72 bronco pickup that doesn't cost 60-100 grand.
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I literally just want a Jeep Wrangler rubicon but with an Ecoboost engine and Ford badging, with 1st gen Bronco styling. I don’t want any OJ Bronco DNA At all. Some small upgrades would be nice but that’s all I want, everything cool on top is pure gravy.

nameuser

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Halfcab
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
[QUOTE="JimmyDean, I think when it comes down to it, I want a new 72 bronco pickup that doesn't cost 60-100 grand.[/QUOTE]

I am just finishing a ground up redo of a 67 halfcab.
A loaded 2021 will be considerably cheaper than the 67, (even without my labor).

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm probably the minority because I really would prefer to NOT have a SFA. I essentially want to see ford raptor suspension and drivetrain shoved into a wrangler sized 2 door suv.
-Twin turbo V6. If we're in dream world, the 3.5
-F150 Raptor transfer case (wet clutch for 4A mode)
-Ranger raptor suspension (coil spring + watts link rear, long travel IFS)
-F150 Raptor live valve shocks
-Ideally torsen front and rear diffs, more realistically torsen front, e-locker rear that can be used at speed like the F150 raptor.
-Plenty of upfitter switches to add rally lights etc

Don't care about removable roof or doors. For interior give me Recaros and an infotainment system with carplay and I'm good. I also enjoy new tech so lay it on me.

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
I literally just want a Jeep Wrangler rubicon but with an Ecoboost engine and Ford badging, with 1st gen Bronco styling. I don’t want any OJ Bronco DNA At all. Some small upgrades would be nice but that’s all I want, everything cool on top is pure gravy.
What he said. I would add premium sound, two doors, leather seats, manual trans and as far as solid front axle I don’t care. The IFS won’t hinder how I will be using it. Too new and expensive for me to take it places that would require a solid axle to get through. Please don’t Nickel and dime us for stuff like LED lights which should be a given. Oh and absolutely mandatory is ability to be flat towed behind the coach.

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Basically the same here. If the Bronco is unappealing I'll order a Wrangler.
No folding windshield gimmick. An incredibly impractical 'feature' that just causes NVH problems for most owners.
No external hood latching gimmick. It's a cheapskate move by Jeep to keep that 'feature' around.

Wider 68-70" cabin body for more comfortable daily use.
I'd rather have a large naturally aspirated engine, 5.0 V8 Coyote, but one of Ford's 300+hp V6 Ecoboost engines would be acceptable.
The transmission could have a couple more gears at the granny and overdrive ends of the range.

Something I think all vehicles should do more of:
More color options, inside and out.
Fewer forced options and packages.

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll take a JLUR with early bronco styling, and a 2.7 or better. Would prefer 5.0 for nostalgias sake, but the 2.7s actually perform better at my altitude.

Probably wouldn’t remove the top or doors, maybe just the fronts on Moab trips.

Manual tranny would be neat, but I think I’d stick with the 10 speed.

HTX1811

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SXT 4x4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’m not hung up on SFA, diesel, electric, or underpinnings. I would like the EB from the Explorer ST. 400 HP and 415 lb-ft would do it for me. Heck an all electric would not turn me away.

I want a cool retro look, think first gen. No OJ. Roof and doors removable. That appears is a given.

Capable off road. I’m not a hard core wheeler as I’ve said before.

Just look badass and get me in and out of the sand and deer lease.

So more about eye candy and capable 4x4 vs hard core wheeler. So call it over rated mall crawler. ‍♂

phillyfx4

Outer Banks
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F 150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
1. state of the art IFS - Raptor style
2. 4 doors a MUST.....I surf fish and wanna carry my rods inside up underneath
3. 2.7L EB with 8 or 10 speed tranny
4. at least 33" tires
5. and as said above slightly wider body than a Wrangler for elbow room inside
6. good fuel economy
7. ALL that for around $50K …..is that asking too much ? :facepalm: :crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

phillyfx4

Outer Banks
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F 150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
should have included a decent level interior too :thumbsup: …..get ready for sticker shock, they ain't gonna be cheap :crying::crying::crying:

Sponsored

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

2dr F150 Raptor bronco, 1st gen bronco styled, coyote powered

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t understand why people think the Raptor IFS is anything special. It’s just a regular F-150 suspension with wider A-arms and some fancy shocks. The increased travel comes from the extra width only.

Nearly every side by side on the market, even the 50” ones, have more suspension travel than a raptor.
Sponsored