First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I went to the Hollister Hills Drive the Bronco event this morning. You know you're getting closer to Hollister Hills when you see more side by sides, dirt bikes, and off-road trucks....

Ford Bronco Drive the Bronco (Hollister Hills) IMG_8576

The event was set up near the Grand Prix Motocross track. Sunrise from behind the start line. This made me want to ride as motocross was my main sport growing up.

Ford Bronco Drive the Bronco (Hollister Hills) IMG_8577

I got there early and that was a great decision as they let people check-in and pick Bronco's in the order they arrived. There was only 1 Bronco with SAS package and since I have a First Edition on reservation I wanted to drive the closest to my order. It was a 2 door and that was tons of fun on the trails, but I would have prefered a 4 door even more. It kinda sucks the other Broncos didn't have SAS. I talked to one of the guys that worked the event and he said these are the same Broncos going to all the Drive events so if you want to drive the Wildtrak 2 door SAS, then show up early.

Ford Bronco Drive the Bronco (Hollister Hills) IMG_8578

took a photo of the gas cans for those considering Eruption Green in 2022

Ford Bronco Drive the Bronco (Hollister Hills) IMG_8579
Ford Bronco Drive the Bronco (Hollister Hills) IMG_8580

roof rack on their 4 door SAS demo...

Ford Bronco Drive the Bronco (Hollister Hills) IMG_8581

The Wildtrak I got to drive. I asked about the aftermarket (DrawTite) extended hitch they put on and it's to throw on a hitch mounted winch in case someone gets stuck.

Ford Bronco Drive the Bronco (Hollister Hills) IMG_8582
Ford Bronco Drive the Bronco (Hollister Hills) IMG_8583

I didn't take too many trail photos as I was busy driving, but in this section we had to back up to let a park ranger drive down the tight trail.

Ford Bronco Drive the Bronco (Hollister Hills) IMG_8584
Ford Bronco Drive the Bronco (Hollister Hills) IMG_8585

fun water crossing near the end of our loop

Ford Bronco Drive the Bronco (Hollister Hills) IMG_8586

Overall I'm glad I went and I'm stoked my Bronco will arrive soon. I'll likely go back to Hollister with my own Bronco and the trails we drove today will likely be the limit that I want to push a brand new Bronco. They have some super gnarly trails at Hollister, but we avoided those. The only bummer of the event was actual driving seat time was ~ 30 minutes. I was hoping for more like an hour, but it was still worth the drive for me. They gave me a free Bronco hat that I gave to one of my boys. I'm thinking the event at Hollister will get canceled due to rain tomorrow, but if not, then you should make the trip if you're registered.
Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thanks for sharing! Odd only one Sasquatch, only thing I'd really be interested in driving because that's what I have. And only 30 min of drive time is a bit meh. I'm sure fun, but in a way I'm glad I got rained out for San Jose yesterday, spending a good 2.5 hrs on the freeway to drive on dirt for 30 min would not have made me too happy.
Hollister park looks great though, I'll have to check that out sometime, probably early in the week to avoid crowds and making a fool of my self in front of too many others :-D

OP
OP
U725Bronco

U725Bronco

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

thanks for sharing! Odd only one Sasquatch, only thing I'd really be interested in driving because that's what I have. And only 30 min of drive time is a bit meh. I'm sure fun, but in a way I'm glad I got rained out for San Jose yesterday, spending a good 2.5 hrs on the freeway to drive on dirt for 30 min would not have made me too happy.
Hollister park looks great though, I'll have to check that out sometime, probably early in the week to avoid crowds and making a fool of my self in front of too many others :-D
Yeah, I would have been bummed if I didn't get to drive the Wildtrak and I was stuck in a lower trim for 30 minutes. The off-road loop we did was a good test and I'm glad I got to try it in their Bronco before mine :) We drove at a pretty fast pace considering the terrain and only stopped briefly 2-3 times. I think that's why it took 30 minutes. I'm sure they plan the route so if there are slower drivers or something comes up they are back for the next group. At least let me do some donuts with trail turn assist for another 10 minutes...haha. There were some legit rock crawlers out there on the crazy terrain. I have no desire to drive the Bronco on boulders the size of the Bronco.

BLMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Ultimate Wrangler and two other normal cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cool. We are still scheduled for tomorrow and no cancellation email. I actually got a confirmation email just a moment ago as a reminder.

if they have a 4 door badlands non-sas I will be happy. If not. I will be happy.

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for posting! Good to hear you were happy going. I'm scheduled at Hollister on 11/6. It's a 2 hour + drive for me to get to Hollister. Only 30 minutes in the Bronco is disappointing, but I'll be there anyway. Then I'll be at the Nevada Off-Roadeo on 11/20. Looking forward to a little Bronco fun in the coming weeks to "Stay Pumped"! Hahaha!:ROFLMAO:(y)

Sponsored

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can't wait to get up there. My Bronco is sitting in Milpitas in the rail yard waiting for a truck down to Salinas. Thanks for sharing!

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cool. We are still scheduled for tomorrow and no cancellation email. I actually got a confirmation email just a moment ago as a reminder.

if they have a 4 door badlands non-sas I will be happy. If not. I will be happy.
That’s exactly what i drove yesterday. It’s Lux too, and MT.

markavelli

Base
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I went to the Hollister Hills Drive the Bronco event this morning. You know you're getting closer to Hollister Hills when you see more side by sides, dirt bikes, and off-road trucks....

IMG_8576.jpeg

The event was set up near the Grand Prix Motocross track. Sunrise from behind the start line. This made me want to ride as motocross was my main sport growing up.

IMG_8577.jpeg

I got there early and that was a great decision as they let people check-in and pick Bronco's in the order they arrived. There was only 1 Bronco with SAS package and since I have a First Edition on reservation I wanted to drive the closest to my order. It was a 2 door and that was tons of fun on the trails, but I would have prefered a 4 door even more. It kinda sucks the other Broncos didn't have SAS. I talked to one of the guys that worked the event and he said these are the same Broncos going to all the Drive events so if you want to drive the Wildtrak 2 door SAS, then show up early.

IMG_8578.jpeg

IMG_8579.jpeg
IMG_8580.jpeg

IMG_8581.jpeg

The Wildtrak I got to drive. I asked about the aftermarket (DrawTite) extended hitch they put on and it's to throw on a hitch mounted winch in case someone gets stuck.

IMG_8582.jpeg
IMG_8583.jpeg

I didn't take too many trail photos as I was busy driving, but in this section we had to back up to let a park ranger drive down the tight trail.

IMG_8584.jpeg
IMG_8585.jpeg

IMG_8586.jpeg

Overall I'm glad I went and I'm stoked my Bronco will arrive soon. I'll likely go back to Hollister with my own Bronco and the trails we drove today will likely be the limit that I want to push a brand new Bronco. They have some super gnarly trails at Hollister, but we avoided those. The only bummer of the event was actual driving seat time was ~ 30 minutes. I was hoping for more like an hour, but it was still worth the drive for me. They gave me a free Bronco hat that I gave to one of my boys. I'm thinking the event at Hollister will get canceled due to rain tomorrow, but if not, then you should make the trip if you're registered.

Had a good time as well.

Ford Bronco Drive the Bronco (Hollister Hills) IMG_8576

Ford Bronco Drive the Bronco (Hollister Hills) IMG_8577

Ford Bronco Drive the Bronco (Hollister Hills) IMG_8578

Ford Bronco Drive the Bronco (Hollister Hills) IMG_8579
Ford Bronco Drive the Bronco (Hollister Hills) IMG_8580

Ford Bronco Drive the Bronco (Hollister Hills) IMG_8581

Ford Bronco Drive the Bronco (Hollister Hills) IMG_8582
Ford Bronco Drive the Bronco (Hollister Hills) IMG_8583

Ford Bronco Drive the Bronco (Hollister Hills) IMG_8584
Ford Bronco Drive the Bronco (Hollister Hills) IMG_8585

Ford Bronco Drive the Bronco (Hollister Hills) IMG_8586

I went today as well. Took the old man and had a nice time. drove the 2dr Black Diamond (manual transmission). Nice event they put on and good peeps, grateful for the chance to finally drive after years of waiting-----Markavelli

image22.jpeg

image21.jpeg

image20.jpeg

image19.jpeg

image17.jpeg

image16.jpeg

image14.jpeg

image7.jpeg

image9.jpeg

image8.jpeg

image10.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image2.jpeg

GRENDIZER

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer Walking 🚶‍♂️. ‘23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco Drive the Bronco (Hollister Hills) image2

Nice write up! Did you get any additional pictures of the jerry cans? Especially, the new colors. Maybe some close ups?

OP
OP
U725Bronco

U725Bronco

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Nice write up! Did you get any additional pictures of the jerry cans? Especially, the new colors. Maybe some close ups?
no, sorry....I posted the only 2 jerry can photos I took

Sponsored

GRENDIZER

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer Walking 🚶‍♂️. ‘23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Where IS it

Black Diamond
First Name
Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for posting! Good to hear you were happy going. I'm scheduled at Hollister on 11/6. It's a 2 hour + drive for me to get to Hollister. Only 30 minutes in the Bronco is disappointing, but I'll be there anyway. Then I'll be at the Nevada Off-Roadeo on 11/20. Looking forward to a little Bronco fun in the coming weeks to "Stay Pumped"! Hahaha!:ROFLMAO:(y)
I live in Hollister and didn't even know this was going on at Hollister Hills until I drove by there today. How did you sign up for this? Is it still possible? I can't seem to find anything about this on a Ford website.

Where IS it

Black Diamond
First Name
Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I live in Hollister and didn't even know this was going on at Hollister Hills until I drove by there today. How did you sign up for this? Is it still possible? I can't seem to find anything about this on a Ford website.
I did get a Bronco flag in the mail today ...............

OP
OP
U725Bronco

U725Bronco

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

They sent out special email invites to folks for these events. I'm assuming it was for local people still waiting on a 2021 reservation. After they sent an email you had to RSVP to a specific time slot that was a 2 hour window....first come, first serve.