Sponsored

Driver door locks when running…anyone else?

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ve noticed this consistently happening and I can’t figure out why or if this is normal behavior.

7MT Bronco is running. I leave it in neutral and e-brake and leave the vehicle. When I get back - the driver door is locked and all other doors and cargo are still unlocked.

I haven’t checked to see if the same thing happens when Auto Stop Start is engaged. But generally I’m doing this when I want to keep the engine running to warm up the vehicle.

Luckily I always have my key on me because I don’t have Intelligent Access.

Anyone else? I feel like it started after I messed around in Forscan - but, really only messed with chimes in regards to door stuff.
Sponsored

Roundabout

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Have you gone into the settings menu on screen? I think (can't check for myself at the moment) there's a setting for "lock all doors, lock drivers door, etc."

OP
OP
redone17

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Have you gone into the settings menu on screen? I think (can't check for myself at the moment) there's a setting for "lock all doors, lock drivers door, etc."
Yeah, it’s a lot of just on/off switches and Auto Lock and Auto Unlock are both ON.

I just tried it repeatedly - only the first time I open and closed the door after starting the vehicle it locks immediately. Once I hit the unlock button, it doesn’t do it again. Even after several minutes in between. I’ll have to try again after driving and engaging auto-lock. This was all stationary.

OP
OP
redone17

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

DualsportWA

Badlands
First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did anyone ever figure this out? This is driving me NUTS as well.........

OP
OP
redone17

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m so glad to know I’m not the only one.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine has never done this (MT). I have auto-lock turned off though, because I HATE it.

Drives me nuts on my wife's F-150. I really need to buy a USB/ODB2 adapter and ForScan that into oblivion.

DualsportWA

Badlands
First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine has never done this (MT). I have auto-lock turned off though, because I HATE it.

Drives me nuts on my wife's F-150. I really need to buy a USB/ODB2 adapter and ForScan that into oblivion.
Any chance you can use ForScan to turn off ALL LOCK AUTOMATION? (That's what I want - I'll use the key fob to lock or unlock)

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Any chance you can use ForScan to turn off ALL LOCK AUTOMATION? (That's what I want - I'll use the key fob to lock or unlock)
On Bronco you can just do it in the menus.
On F-150 you can do it in the menu if earlier than 2018, otherwise ForScan.

Note the auto-lock and unlock is supposed to only be when driving. It's not supposed to do anything when parked or idling. I.e. it locks itself when driving over 8? MPH, and unlocks when you put it in park. (not sure how unlock is handled in the 7MT - I turned off all automation before I left the dealership, locks, hill hold, etc,)

DualsportWA

Badlands
First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On Bronco you can just do it in the menus.
On F-150 you can do it in the menu if earlier than 2018, otherwise ForScan.

Note the auto-lock and unlock is supposed to only be when driving. It's not supposed to do anything when parked or idling. I.e. it locks itself when driving over 8? MPH, and unlocks when you put it in park. (not sure how unlock is handled in the 7MT - I turned off all automation before I left the dealership, locks, hill hold, etc,)
I've tried turning off all of the auto locking- I think this one is just a BUG in the software. When I shut the drivers door in a parking lot, I hear it lock right then (only drivers door) super-frustrating.
Sponsored