Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The issue I was having is that the driver's side rear window would not automatically go down the inch or so it is supposed to. The way I found this out was a passenger got into the back seat. I had to back out of a parking spot. When I looked in the driver's side mirror, I could see a gap between the window and the Bronco body. The gap was large enough to fit your fingers in it. Lowering the window then raising the window closed the gap. This went on for about two weeks. When I finally got a chance to take some pictures and do a proper write up about the issue, it stopped. Everything works fine now.

Has anyone else had this issue?
Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The issue I was having is that the driver's side rear window would not automatically go down the inch or so it is supposed to. The way I found this out was a passenger got into the back seat. I had to back out of a parking spot. When I looked in the driver's side mirror, I could see a gap between the window and the Bronco body. The gap was large enough to fit your fingers in it. Lowering the window then raising the window closed the gap. This went on for about two weeks. When I finally got a chance to take some pictures and do a proper write up about the issue, it stopped. Everything works fine now.

I have not - but next time, do the window reset routine to tell the vehicle where the upper and lower limits of travel are. I had to do this after having my Ranger interior door panel swapped. Very erratic behavior until I reset it.

Ford Bronco Driver's Side Rear Window Auto Open Intermittent Failure 1635957753809

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've noticed a couple of mine aren't dropping fast enough and hanging on the seal. Got some other things to address but will do a reinitialization and see if that helps. They really should've set these up with a handle sensor to drop when touched instead when the handle is pulled.

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This doesn’t surprise me. Ford should have used a typical window frame like in most trucks.

If I go over railroad tracks with any of my windows half down they rattle to hell and the passenger front will roll up or down automatically.

I do know that when I shut the passenger front door with the window down the window rattles like hell as if it’s loosely taped with scotch tape inside the door.

I do imagine a redesign in the future. The current setup seems really fragile.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've noticed a couple of mine aren't dropping fast enough and hanging on the seal. Got some other things to address but will do a reinitialization and see if that helps. They really should've set these up with a handle sensor to drop when touched instead when the handle is pulled.
I dont have this issue, but my wife sure the hell does. I never realized how slow I opened doors until I got the Bronco.. Some of you guys are in a big effen hurry.

Sponsored

StrictlyBroncos

Badlands
First Name
Reece
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco (Badlands)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dont have this issue, but my wife sure the hell does. I never realized how slow I opened doors until I got the Bronco.. Some of you guys are in a big effen hurry.
Eh, nothing to do with being in a hurry. Mainly an issue with rear doors and opening them from the outside. Definitely some catching no matter how slow you open them.

jjcous

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have not - but next time, do the window reset routine to tell the vehicle where the upper and lower limits of travel are. I had to do this after having my Ranger interior door panel swapped. Very erratic behavior until I reset it.

Ford Bronco Driver's Side Rear Window Auto Open Intermittent Failure 1635957753809
I had this issue as well. It happened when I put the doors back on. I essentially did something similar to this to fix it. It's really a software bug and you have to reset the "default / current" position. The software doesn't know what "state" the window / door is in.

t. software developer

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had this issue as well. It happened when I put the doors back on. I essentially did something similar to this to fix it. It's really a software bug and you have to reset the "default / current" position. The software doesn't know what "state" the window / door is in.

t. software developer
Something like this should be solved in hardware to prevent issues like this. Hardware should sense the state rather than software tracking it.

- Embedded Software Engineer

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine is in the service department for this exact issue in the same window today. It started working when I brought it in. The first 10 times I tried the reset dance didn’t work but maybe the 11th did?

Ford needs to fix this.

ahtussey

Big Bend
First Name
Abbey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thank you for this! I'm experiencing this problem now in my '22. Going to follow the steps & hope it works!

Sponsored

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had this happen to me as well. For some reason the back drivers side window would not go down the inch or so. I had to reset it.

ahtussey

Big Bend
First Name
Abbey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I tried it & it worked. Took a screenshot of the directions because something tells me it may not be the last time this happens. Thanks all!

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just an FYI, the instructions posted here are incorrect. Here is a Youtube video that cures this issue

ahtussey

Big Bend
First Name
Abbey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just an FYI, the instructions posted here are incorrect. Here is a Youtube video that cures this issue

Oh! I guess I got lucky or maybe it's something completely different. Thanks, will add the video to my library.

Jon_chimpo

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just had this issue with the drivers side rear. The video worked! Saved me a trip to the dealer. Thank you!!
Sponsored