Drivetrain Failure in Bronco Badlands (at dealer for a month now with no resolution)

HoosierDaddy

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 2021 ON THE WAY!!!
Bronco
Base
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Ha ha, I mean, everyone is different, but to me $70 was a pretty small price to pay to limit my liability to $3500. I imagine if I had come down hard on the rocker and smashed it in, that would get me right past that $3500.
Oh, I probably would to. The 3500 seems awfully high.
I suppose otherwise, some a hole will show up with the sole intent of destroying other people's property.
Advertisement

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Base
I "saved" the $75 on insurance and then turned around and spent $70 on the Bronco dog bowl. :LOL:

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

I am a ford guy but this is a place where the American car companies could learn from the germans. I bought a BMW 335 a while ago. It kept going into limp mode. Dealer had it for 2 weeks. They gave me a 540 as a loaner. We got into week 3 and they had a support ticket in with BMW of Germany to get an engineer to look at it.

I asked them to just give me my money back. Not only did they give me my money back, they drove a certified check to my house, handed it to me, picked up the loaner, signed a few things, and it was done. I would have kept it but I was on the fence about the car anyway.

As for the bronco. Just let them fix it, get it back and enjoy it. They found the issue and you are getting a new motor. Shit happens. You still have a warranty. Its a first model year - you signed up for this :).

OP
OP
Rcarpen22

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Bronco
Badlands
I am a ford guy but this is a place where the American car companies could learn from the germans.
They could learn it from Tesla as well. I've had a Model S and currently a Performance Model 3. Every time either has been in the shop, I get a better car than mine as a loaner and the work is usually done in a day. For smaller things, the tech just comes to your house.

As for the bronco. Just let them fix it, get it back and enjoy it. They found the issue and you are getting a new motor. Shit happens. You still have a warranty. Its a first model year - you signed up for this :).
Yeah, I definitely signed up for some little things being wrong. I did not sign up for two months of poor communication and ineptitude. There is no excuse for how long it is taking to resolve this, but I still might just take it and try to enjoy it. The alternative is no Bronco at all.

da_jokker

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee XJ
Bronco
Outer Banks
Clubs

What ironic (and a rip) is they charge you $75 + $3,500 deductible for a car they are going to crush at some point. We are all suckers :)

OP
OP
Rcarpen22

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Bronco
Badlands
What ironic (and a rip) is they charge you $75 + $3,500 deductible for a car they are going to crush at some point. We are all suckers :)
Ha ha, I didn't even think about that. It's true though. That sweet manual Badlands in the sluice box at NH is a preproduction unit that nobody is allowed to drive anymore. They said that one was getting crushed.

OP
OP
Rcarpen22

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Bronco
Badlands
Update with tentative resolution up top.

Rick Astley

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'51 Chevy Fleetline, '61 Ford Thunderbird
Bronco
Badlands
They could learn it from Tesla as well. I've had a Model S and currently a Performance Model 3. Every time either has been in the shop, I get a better car than mine as a loaner and the work is usually done in a day. For smaller things, the tech just comes to your house.
That's pretty cool. Unless you need body work. Then you get to have the insurance loaner car for 6 months while your taxpayer rig sits idle. If there was a battery temp warning in the collision then you get a free month in the back lot just in case your car decides to immolate itself.

Note that I only mention this as a buddy owns a repair shop and is a certified Tesla repair location. He ended up renting out a concrete pad from a nearby concrete company just to store the Teslas while they wait for Elon to fire up the spare parts machine every quarter. His business insurance wouldn't allow him to store the cars on-site due to the fires that have taken down a few shops the past few years.

Advertisement

Quake LED
Advertisement