First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I had the same concerns. Even if they "fix" mine, it will still be a Bronco that was torn apart by a dealership several times and pieced back together. I wrote Ford a certified letter citing the provisions of the lemon law in my state and, as we are well past the time requirement, they basically have to buy it back or replace it. The RAV (reacquired vehicle) Team has been good to work with. My rep explained that I could choose a replacement vehicle, but you have to source the vehicle on your own. I elected to use a reservation to just order a new 4-door soft top 2021. It is scheduled for production for early November, but I was supposed to get my original Bronco back to drive while I wait. That's not going to happen. The dealer says they are waiting on "bolts." Honestly, I'm not sure I believe that. I think they may be just stalling until the new one comes in. They are really short staffed and are struggling to keep up. So I will get a new Bronco, but it still sucks to pay insurance on a vehicle for 5 months that you don't have. If Ford doesn't offer something in the way of additional compensation, there are always other avenues.

Thanks for the info! I'm real leery about keeping the existing Bronco for the exact same reasons you stated.

So, Ford said you needed to source a replacement?! Did you have an additional reservation for the Bronco that is getting built in November?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rcarpen22

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the info! I'm real leery about keeping the existing Bronco for the exact same reasons you stated.

So, Ford said you needed to source a replacement?! Did you have an additional reservation for the Bronco that is getting built in November?
I did. I actually had two open reservations. I had a day 2 reservation with my local dealer (the one with the less than efficient service department) and an October Granger reservation. The Bronco that died was an abandoned order that I picked up at Liberty Ford in Ohio. I used the early res to order another 4-door Badlands. I changed the color to AMB since it was getting canceled and added the high package. I don't know if I like AMB better than A51, but there are just SO MANY A51 builds that I wanted something a little different. I had planned to drive the 4-door Badlands for a year or so and then order a '22 BaseManSquatch in CO. Since then, I actually have seen 2-doors in person and the '22 pricing has come out. I am actually in the minority of people that prefer the 4-door in person. The 2-door is cool too, but I really just prefer the 4-door. I was very surprised by that. Also, the upcharge for the 10A even when ordering a manual BaseSquatch is not acceptable to me. For that reason, I am thinking I may just keep my Badlands. Or if I change my mind on the 2-door vs 4-door, I may score a base and just build what I want over time. That would probably be a rear locker and 33s plus some rock rails/skids. Nothing too extreme. Let me know if you want any more info on the lemon law stuff. Good luck!

Broncoshrimp

Badlands
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update on page 1. Got the Bronco back with the new engine. It took 4 months, but having it back has erased a lot of bad feelings.
I didn’t think that the GM of a dealership has any sway when it comes to a buyback offer through Ford. Did you go through the Ford RAV process? I just got an email today that my repurchase/replacement has been approved on my Bronco (which I picked up last Friday after being in service for 50 days) they just need additional information.

OP
OP
Rcarpen22

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn’t think that the GM of a dealership has any sway when it comes to a buyback offer through Ford. Did you go through the Ford RAV process? I just got an email today that my repurchase/replacement has been approved on my Bronco (which I picked up last Friday after being in service for 50 days) they just need additional information.
Yes, I’ve been working with the RAV team for a while now. My rep said that a lot of dealers have been refusing to work with them on the replacements. They’re supposed to sell the vehicle to RAV at invoice. Some dealers are just refusing to sell them to RAV and instead marking them up with ADM and selling them to the highest bidder. I sincerely hope you have better luck than I’ve had. make sure if you order a replacement that you do it with an honest dealer and get a signed contract that they will sell it at invoice to FORD RAV. She also said there is nothing RAV or Ford can do about it. It is astonishing to me how little control Ford has over its dealers.

Sponsored

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Glad you have it back. May it bring you years of safe, fun service.

Broncoshrimp

Badlands
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, I’ve been working with the RAV team for a while now. My rep said that a lot of dealers have been refusing to work with them on the replacements. They’re supposed to sell the vehicle to RAV at invoice. Some dealers are just refusing to sell them to RAV and instead marking them up with ADM and selling them to the highest bidder. I sincerely hope you have better luck than I’ve had. make sure if you order a replacement that you do it with an honest dealer and get a signed contract that they will sell it at invoice to FORD RAV. She also said there is nothing RAV or Ford can do about it. It is astonishing to me how little control Ford has over its dealers.
Well ain’t that some crap?! Ughh. I’m sorry you’re going through all this B.S. Are you able to switch to a different dealer or is it a strict process through RAV where you need to go through the dealer you purchased original vehicle?

OP
OP
Rcarpen22

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well ain’t that some crap?! Ughh. I’m sorry you’re going through all this B.S. Are you able to switch to a different dealer or is it a strict process through RAV where you need to go through the dealer you purchased original vehicle?
Thanks. I can't switch dealers on the specific Badlands that I ordered, but I can just order another Bronco from someone else. I have a Granger reservation that I might try to use. The only hangup there is that my current dealer just gets my Bronco to sell to the highest bidder. Of course, that's what a lot of these dealers are doing. Screw the customer that waited and had a reservation so they can max profit. I am not going to complain anymore though. I have a Bronco in the garage, which is more than a lot of people! I just want to go out and enjoy it.

OP
OP
Rcarpen22

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One last update: Turns out my dealer was not trying to get my Bronco to mark up. They have had bad experiences with Ford not paying for the replacement vehicles in a timely fashion (which my Ford rep confirmed is a possible issue). So bottom line, my dealer is doing right by me. I got a written purchase order for MSRP and they are going to give me more on trade for the repaired Bronco than I was going to get in the replacement deal. Now I just have to wait for the new one to ship.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
One last update. Picked up my new Badlands a few days ago, so I am back in a Bronco:). Had a good delivery experience and paid MSRP.

Ford Bronco Drivetrain Failure in Bronco Badlands 2.3 Back with new engine after 4 months C2BA1E9F-6E14-4F9D-A141-EAD5A3D3C915
Glad to hear that your dealer kept their end of deal on the new one. Kudos for the dealer that treated you right.

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have only 1700 miles on my badlands, manual transmission, and have the same noise. Ford has advised that the transmission needs to be replaced. The problem is that I don’t want to drive a new truck with a major repair done to it . All these Broncos with faulty transmission a should be replaced by Ford​

OP
OP
Rcarpen22

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have only 1700 miles on my badlands, manual transmission, and have the same noise. Ford has advised that the transmission needs to be replaced. The problem is that I don’t want to drive a new truck with a major repair done to it . All these Broncos with faulty transmission a should be replaced by Ford​
Man, that's a bummer. Sorry to hear. My issue was not actually related to the transmission at all, but they thought it was for a while. I never did get conformation about what the engine issue was, but I would bet money it was a mistimed balance shaft issue. You may ask them to use an oscilloscope to determine exactly where the noise/vibration is coming from. In my case, it was the front of the engine (hence my theory on balance shaft issue). Good luck and keep us posted. I will also say that when I got my first Bronco back, there was no trace whatsoever that anything had been done and I would have been fine keeping it, but I had already ordered the new one and agreed to trade it.

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks! Yes, technically, lemon law applies in my case as well, however, Ford refused to buy back my Bronco, citing that sine the vehicle is registered under a business, lemon law would not apply. I sent a document provided by NY General Attorney, in which it is asserted that if primary use (over 50%) is personal use, the lemon law applies. Ford rep would not provide anything in a written form, and advised that I can file a complaint with Better Business Bureau. Very disappointed with Ford costumer service.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lawyer up.

You are 100% correct and Ford will eat all of your attorney fees and then some.
I think the instant you approach this with an actual lawyer, it will happen
Sponsored