Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ha ha, I mean, everyone is different, but to me $70 was a pretty small price to pay to limit my liability to $3500. I imagine if I had come down hard on the rocker and smashed it in, that would get me right past that $3500.
Oh, I probably would to. The 3500 seems awfully high.
I suppose otherwise, some a hole will show up with the sole intent of destroying other people's property.
Sponsored

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I "saved" the $75 on insurance and then turned around and spent $70 on the Bronco dog bowl. :LOL:

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am a ford guy but this is a place where the American car companies could learn from the germans. I bought a BMW 335 a while ago. It kept going into limp mode. Dealer had it for 2 weeks. They gave me a 540 as a loaner. We got into week 3 and they had a support ticket in with BMW of Germany to get an engineer to look at it.

I asked them to just give me my money back. Not only did they give me my money back, they drove a certified check to my house, handed it to me, picked up the loaner, signed a few things, and it was done. I would have kept it but I was on the fence about the car anyway.

As for the bronco. Just let them fix it, get it back and enjoy it. They found the issue and you are getting a new motor. Shit happens. You still have a warranty. Its a first model year - you signed up for this :).

OP
OP
Rcarpen22

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am a ford guy but this is a place where the American car companies could learn from the germans.
They could learn it from Tesla as well. I've had a Model S and currently a Performance Model 3. Every time either has been in the shop, I get a better car than mine as a loaner and the work is usually done in a day. For smaller things, the tech just comes to your house.

As for the bronco. Just let them fix it, get it back and enjoy it. They found the issue and you are getting a new motor. Shit happens. You still have a warranty. Its a first model year - you signed up for this :).
Yeah, I definitely signed up for some little things being wrong. I did not sign up for two months of poor communication and ineptitude. There is no excuse for how long it is taking to resolve this, but I still might just take it and try to enjoy it. The alternative is no Bronco at all.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What ironic (and a rip) is they charge you $75 + $3,500 deductible for a car they are going to crush at some point. We are all suckers :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rcarpen22

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What ironic (and a rip) is they charge you $75 + $3,500 deductible for a car they are going to crush at some point. We are all suckers :)
Ha ha, I didn't even think about that. It's true though. That sweet manual Badlands in the sluice box at NH is a preproduction unit that nobody is allowed to drive anymore. They said that one was getting crushed.

OP
OP
Rcarpen22

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update with tentative resolution up top.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
They could learn it from Tesla as well. I've had a Model S and currently a Performance Model 3. Every time either has been in the shop, I get a better car than mine as a loaner and the work is usually done in a day. For smaller things, the tech just comes to your house.
That's pretty cool. Unless you need body work. Then you get to have the insurance loaner car for 6 months while your taxpayer rig sits idle. If there was a battery temp warning in the collision then you get a free month in the back lot just in case your car decides to immolate itself.

Note that I only mention this as a buddy owns a repair shop and is a certified Tesla repair location. He ended up renting out a concrete pad from a nearby concrete company just to store the Teslas while they wait for Elon to fire up the spare parts machine every quarter. His business insurance wouldn't allow him to store the cars on-site due to the fires that have taken down a few shops the past few years.

Broncoshrimp

Badlands
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, I am in the exact same boat as you....Bronco dropped a valve 09/10/2021. Dealer ordered a new 2.7L engine that was supposed to be shipped within 2 business days which somehow was lost in the shipping process. The dealer finally received the engine last week (10/06/2021), but they went to install yesterday and I get a call at the end of the day saying they need a new manifold (which is on backorder).

I called Ford this morning and expressed my frustration (and not to mention embarrassment) with this brand new vehicle. I'd like a new Bronco, utilizing the lemon law (I'm in Michigan). Even if they fix this Bronco, is the value diminished?!

Anyway, how did you go about getting Ford to swap Broncos? I was a day 1 reservation holder.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How did they bust the manifold? WTF?

Sponsored

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Rcarpen22

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, I am in the exact same boat as you....Bronco dropped a valve 09/10/2021. Dealer ordered a new 2.7L engine that was supposed to be shipped within 2 business days which somehow was lost in the shipping process. The dealer finally received the engine last week (10/06/2021), but they went to install yesterday and I get a call at the end of the day saying they need a new manifold (which is on backorder).

I called Ford this morning and expressed my frustration (and not to mention embarrassment) with this brand new vehicle. I'd like a new Bronco, utilizing the lemon law (I'm in Michigan). Even if they fix this Bronco, is the value diminished?!

Anyway, how did you go about getting Ford to swap Broncos? I was a day 1 reservation holder.
Yeah, I had the same concerns. Even if they "fix" mine, it will still be a Bronco that was torn apart by a dealership several times and pieced back together. I wrote Ford a certified letter citing the provisions of the lemon law in my state and, as we are well past the time requirement, they basically have to buy it back or replace it. The RAV (reacquired vehicle) Team has been good to work with. My rep explained that I could choose a replacement vehicle, but you have to source the vehicle on your own. I elected to use a reservation to just order a new 4-door soft top 2021. It is scheduled for production for early November, but I was supposed to get my original Bronco back to drive while I wait. That's not going to happen. The dealer says they are waiting on "bolts." Honestly, I'm not sure I believe that. I think they may be just stalling until the new one comes in. They are really short staffed and are struggling to keep up. So I will get a new Bronco, but it still sucks to pay insurance on a vehicle for 5 months that you don't have. If Ford doesn't offer something in the way of additional compensation, there are always other avenues.

OP
OP
Rcarpen22

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's pretty cool. Unless you need body work. Then you get to have the insurance loaner car for 6 months while your taxpayer rig sits idle. If there was a battery temp warning in the collision then you get a free month in the back lot just in case your car decides to immolate itself.

Note that I only mention this as a buddy owns a repair shop and is a certified Tesla repair location. He ended up renting out a concrete pad from a nearby concrete company just to store the Teslas while they wait for Elon to fire up the spare parts machine every quarter. His business insurance wouldn't allow him to store the cars on-site due to the fires that have taken down a few shops the past few years.
I had a minor accident in a Model S. My repair experience was not very different from any other car I've ever had. It took a while to get the new repair panel, but not really much worse than a Mazda I had some years ago. Also, Tesla service centers are starting to do collision repair now, which should help. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Tesla is a perfect company by any means. I can say unequivocally that I prefer Tesla to Ford based on my experience.
Sponsored