Sponsored

Driving 80+ mph on highway with new Bronco?

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had a 4 door BD with 32 Steelies 2.3 MT and just got my 2 Door BD with SAS and the V6. I might be "high" but I felt the soft top on the 4 Door was quieter than the 2 door with hardtop. A lot of wind noise comes through the front of the hard top. On the 4 DR softop most of the noise was towards the rear, and of course got loud next to big trucks but was pretty quiet all other times. I just felt like my conversations were easier in the 4 door with my front seat passenger. Maybe the 35's are louder than the 32"s but the noise is wind noise, not tire noise. One man's observation.

PS: It's a convertible SUV, I had no expectation of it being quiet like my vehicles with non-detachable roofs. If you want a whisper quiet car don't buy a Bronco

Last edited:

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There were plenty of times I was at 80+ in my old JK. Never a concern at all.
Go for it...

Jeep Death Wobble Has Returned – This Time with a Service Bulletin and Class Action Lawsuit
Jan 10, 2020

Jeep

Automobile Defects
We are beginning to see clients suffering from the so-called Jeep “death wobble” — a rapid oscillation/vibration in the vehicle’s steering and suspension components that results in the steering wheel moving very quickly from side to side (see the video below). It typically happens after the car has driven over some sort of bump or other road imperfection at relatively high speed (more than 45 miles per hour) but it can start in other circumstances too.
The 2019 Jeep Wrangler seems to be the recent model with the most death wobbles, but the drivers of 2015-2018 Wranglers and other Jeeps like Grand Cherokees have also reported it. The defect has earned its name because the shaking is so severe that the steering column feels like it’s breaking apart, the vehicle is hard to control, and you can only get the wobble to subside by slowing down or coming to a complete stop.
This is not a new issue for Jeep – older models of the Wrangler dating back to 2012 have suffered from death wobble to varying degrees.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I dunno my 37 mud tires on my PW are just fine at those speeds. Kinda loud but no worries at all.
if noise level doesnt bother you then dont worry about it ... the comfort on a long haul is fine .... personally i have to stop and stretch my legs every 3 hours or so even if I'm driving my most comfortable couch

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I did 1500 miles over the Thanksgiving weekend, so this applies to Texas roads at 80 MPH. There is a lot of cabin noise (air noise, not tire noise - I am running 33" tall Milestar Patagonia M/T's) at 80 MPH, it's just a noisy cabin - this is a LUX package OBX 2 Door (max factory noise deadening). As far as driving 80 MPH, that's a breeze, it drives reasonable well at 80 MPH (although my 2011 F-150 XL 3.5 Ecoboost without carpet is quieter, faster, and much less noisy during a 350 mile (5 hour) drive. The ultimate answer was to turn up the music and enjoy the ride. Under 70 MPH it's way quieter.

With AT tires YES, its comfortable .... Mud Terrains? HELL NO
Depends on the M/T tires (see above) - tire noise was a non-issue.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I really don’t see a reason why it wouldn’t drive as good or better than an F-150 at those speeds. I’m not even slightly concerned about it.

I am curious about the brakes though...is Ford planning to use the same brakes across the board on the Bronco? I don’t know anything about brakes so I’m genuinely curious. It seems like the lightest Bronco at ~4300 lbs should have different brake capabilities than a heavy one at 5300 lbs.
THIS!!!!!
My 2011 F-150 3.5 Ecoboost handles better, rides better, is less noisy, tows more, and gets better mileage than my Bronco; and it's an Std cab 8 ft bed XL HDPP with washout rubber floors, no power windows, no power locks, etc.

The 2021 Bronco is an amazing machine, but on the highway, my F-150 is better in every way! In the dirt, it's no contest... Bronco. Under 65 MPH, Bronco.

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I drive the i95 Long Island to N. Carolina 4or5 times a year. Do you think this vehicle will be reasonably comfortable At 75-80 mph.
It sure is. I like to drive between 70-73, but if I'm not paying attention it will be at 80+ with little to no effort.

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did 2300 miles over Thanksgiving from Texas to Arizona and back. Much of that was on I-10 with an 80 MPH speed limit. I have a Black Diamond-Sasquatch-2.7L-soft top. It drove great at 80 MPH, although the soft top noise starts getting quite a bit louder over 70 MPH. On the way home we did the 17 hour trip in one shot and didn't have any issues.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Go for it...

Jeep Death Wobble Has Returned – This Time with a Service Bulletin and Class Action Lawsuit
Jan 10, 2020

Jeep

Automobile Defects
We are beginning to see clients suffering from the so-called Jeep “death wobble” — a rapid oscillation/vibration in the vehicle’s steering and suspension components that results in the steering wheel moving very quickly from side to side (see the video below). It typically happens after the car has driven over some sort of bump or other road imperfection at relatively high speed (more than 45 miles per hour) but it can start in other circumstances too.
The 2019 Jeep Wrangler seems to be the recent model with the most death wobbles, but the drivers of 2015-2018 Wranglers and other Jeeps like Grand Cherokees have also reported it. The defect has earned its name because the shaking is so severe that the steering column feels like it’s breaking apart, the vehicle is hard to control, and you can only get the wobble to subside by slowing down or coming to a complete stop.
This is not a new issue for Jeep – older models of the Wrangler dating back to 2012 have suffered from death wobble to varying degrees.
That’s cool I drove it till over 220k miles and never had a concern. If I still had it I still wouldn’t worry a bit about it.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had my 2.7, 4 door Badlands to 97 so far. Drove very stable and felt comfortable at that speed. I do not recommend that speed, but the Bronco handled it well.
Sponsored