Sponsored

Driving 80+ mph on highway with new Bronco?

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would say it wont be the kind of ride that will puts you to sleep, but thats a good thing!

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wonder if the ride will be as hard and choppy as the Wrangler or as plush as the LandRover?

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Somewhat similar comparison:

A west TX story: My cat traveled at an alleged 150mph in my Mustang convertible and the wind noise was not an issue....for the cat.

My JK manual with 35 in Baja Claws was a noisy bastard and it wasn't fun going over the speed limit and destroyed the mpg...DESTROYED. It's not like I lost 1-2 mpg. I would drop about 4-5 mpg from 55-65ish to 75ish.

pat86323

Badlands
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco xlt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it will likely behave just fine really. I've driven vehicles with the 2.3 and 2.7, the power should be there no problem. The Ifs will make it more comfortable than a jeep. If the tire noise bothers you, turn up the damn stereo!

Sponsored

Weld3z

Outer Banks
First Name
Ahmed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If i do it in jeep XJ then yes you can, compare it to Fj !!

You remind me of my 5 speed XJ
I drive it 80-85 most of the time ( speed limit in my country )
Check this

It's around 112 miles/h (not speed limit lol)
Yes i was crazy, sorry it's 7 years old and not clear

Last edited:

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Expect you fuel economy to take a huge hit. My FJ would cruise 75-80 ok. Cross winds will definitely move you around. At 60mph I could average 18mpg. Move up to 75mph and I was lucky to get 15mpg. Aerodynamics flatout suck on these types of vehicles.

lsustang05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor SuperCab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you haven’t had an off-road vehicle in a while I don’t blame you for asking this question. That being said, off-road tires have come a LONG way since the days of running Mud Grapplers. I have 37” Toyo Open Country R/T’s on my Raptor. I have 18” of travel in the back with a bed cage and shocks through the bed and 3.0 shocks up front. Zero problems running 80+mph if needed. The width of the truck absolutely helps, and I think with the Sasquatch pkg it will probably feel more stable than a Bronco without that package, but I don’t see why it would not be comfortable. As far as road noise, I have just started to notice the road noise from the Toyo’s after about 45,000 miles (it‘s also time for a new set),

ATXGuy

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSQ8
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

We have the technical information and supposedly the 10 speed with Sasquatch package should keep sub 3K RPM at 80MPH.

I'd have to actually be going 80mph in one to believe it though. I feel like the height + tires + gaps in the body would make for a very unpleasant ride at speed.

GOAT

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My biggest concern is how much it will drift around in the lane so you are constantly working the steering wheel to drive straight.

I don't think there will be any issue with power and speed and road noise from the tires should be minimal compared to wind noise.

Sponsored

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My biggest concern is how much it will drift around in the lane so you are constantly working the steering wheel to drive straight.

I don't think there will be any issue with power and speed and road noise from the tires should be minimal compared to wind noise.
I doubt that steering and lane drift are going to be a concern. Ford has a lot of experience with truck IFS, and neither the f-150, nor the ranger are known for steering issues like that.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

1. IFS

2. Ford's electric steering is programmed to provide countering forces to the rack to reduce the drift caused by crosswinds and road crown at highways speeds. It worked amazingly on my 2012 Focus.

I have a feeling the Bronco is going to be great at eating up highway miles. It won't be Bentley quiet but with the roof on and the windows up I bet it will be just fine.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We have the technical information and supposedly the 10 speed with Sasquatch package should keep sub 3K RPM at 80MPH.

I'd have to actually be going 80mph in one to believe it though. I feel like the height + tires + gaps in the body would make for a very unpleasant ride at speed.
My Raptor with the 10-Speed, factory 35" tires and 4.10 gears at 75mph is exactly 2000 RPM. In the Bronco with 4.70 gears at 80mph you should be about 2500 RPM.
Sponsored

Last edited: