Sponsored

Driving 80+ mph on highway with new Bronco?

countryboyreese

Badlands
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm really on the fence about this. As much as I would like squatch I do plan on taking this thing on a few trips and just don't know how well I'd fare with the 4.7 and 35s. The decisions....
Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I hope so. This is serving as the family truckster!

Sticking with OBX on 32s with hardtop, high pack/sound deadening.

OP
OP

Joe.sbg

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for all the replies. For a little more background I currently drive a 2007 ram 2500 4wd diesel. i bought the truck new it now has 111000 miles and runs like the day I bought it. I love the look of the new bronco, I had a 93 and I would like A new one to be my next vehicle. I guess I’ll have to wait and drive one or wait until they make a ranger with the 2.7. Thanks again.
Joe

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Driving at 80 with Sasquatch is one thing..........what's the breaking like on those things at 80 mph?

I think I'd just try and realistically commit to driving a little slower, leaving a little earlier to get there.

Sponsored

CascadianCorvid

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Driving at 80 with Sasquatch is one thing..........what's the breaking like on those things at 80 mph?

I think I'd just try and realistically commit to driving a little slower, leaving a little earlier to get there.
That's gotta be the plan. I do that when I'm towing my travel trailer, and it's fine. It's all about setting expectations. You plan to drive 60, not 75. Life goes on. Enjoy the ride.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Comfy? Maybe. Safe?, not so much (although highly dependent on traffic density). Will have to see the results of the moose test first.............

lsustang05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor SuperCab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My biggest concern is how much it will drift around in the lane so you are constantly working the steering wheel to drive straight.

I don't think there will be any issue with power and speed and road noise from the tires should be minimal compared to wind noise.
I imagine the high package will have lane keeping assist and adaptive cruise meaning you won’t be working the wheel and the bronco should keep you centered in the lane. Then again, I have no idea how good, or bad, Ford’s cruise and lane keep assist actually works.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What does everyone think about the comfort on such a drive if you get the sasquatch package but swap out the 35 MT for 35 ATs?
Probaly cut the noise a touch but other than that - not much difference.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Comfy? Maybe. Safe?, not so much (although highly dependent on traffic density). Will have to see the results of the moose test first.............
Front impact Moose, front overlap Moose or side impact Moose?

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I drive the i95 Long Island to N. Carolina 4or5 times a year. Do you think this vehicle will be reasonably comfortable At 75-80 mph.
I drove my 4Dr Wrangler Rubicon from Laredo TX to Mexico City (700 miles) and back going 95-100 most of the way. It was comfortable to me, but I was alone and not needing to talk to anyone next to me, meaning it gets a little loud. The Bronco should be better on the highway given the independent front suspension. The 2.7L Bronco is my preference for highway. The Sasquatch package on the highway concerns me a bit. Those MT tires will be loud and suck more gas. 33" All terrains are my preferred option.

ATXGuy

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSQ8
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

100%. Not only braking but handling dynamics at speed cannot be safe.

Where I live the highways have frequent, long sweeping curves. Trucks and SUV's will be on my ass at 80mph but as soon as a curve hits they will drift out of their lane into the shoulder and are going 65mph.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
My truck is similar in weight to a 2-door bronco has the 2.7EB, 10-speed, 33's, 3.73 gears and is shaped like a brick.

It is hard doing 80 on the freeway.. seems to always want to go 90+

I see no problems power wise.

In regards to noise though we will just have to wait and see I suppose..
Ford Bronco Driving 80+ mph on highway with new Bronco? EFB572DE-198D-4BF1-ADF6-C070D8560D8A

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My plan is to go cross-country 1-2 times a year with some light/easy off-roading and camping - stock Big Bend 2-dr. My concern would be with how smooth/rough highway driving is, with lower back issues. Can't be any worse than my Mitsu Lancer 4-popper. Probably not going to be enough to stop me from getting this thing!

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided