Sponsored

Driving 80+ mph on highway with new Bronco?

Sergio El Bailador

Black Diamond
First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We do have the overdrive ratios. Engine speed with auto and Sasquatch at 80mph should be about 2400 rpm.

as for drag coefficient and cabin noise, that we will have to wait and find out.
Yeah very close. I found a cool site with calculator and this is what I got (A10 w/sasquatch):

MPH RPM
60: 1,742
65: 1,887
70: 2,032
75: 2,177
80: 2,322
85: 2,467
90: 2,613

The A10 will keep the engine at a comfortable speed on the hwy even with the low diff gear.
Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I drive the i95 Long Island to N. Carolina 4or5 times a year. Do you think this vehicle will be reasonably comfortable At 75-80 mph.
The Bronco is the aerodynamic equivalent of a brick, so it's going to be very thirsty at 80mph. The difference between 60mph and 80mph is going to be much more substantial than over vehicles you've driven unless they also happen to be 2.5 ton bricks. :D

My two cents, with independent front suspension, all-season tires and the hard top, it should be a civilized ride. I've done long rides on motorcycles and it's the noise that gets exhausting before anything else. So, as long as you don't have to hear the r-r-r-r-r-r-r droning of the tires, you should be good IMO.

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sometimes comfort takes second place to looking good and the primary goal in designing the Bronco was most definitely not highway comfort. One reason why so many ladies sacrifice comfort when they choose the way they look in high heels ? ?.

You may want to pick the 4 dr for better highway ride with its longer wheelbase.

jntaylor1701

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco II Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
A real SUV will not be a comfortable, highway speed driver. I have driven 4runners, JKU, and FJ. Its the nature of how these are built and what they are for. (Solid axles, body on frame and off-road.)

Now driving in-town and having to deal with potholes and speed bumps; their are great. And they are just "fun" to drive. But If you want comfort, get a cross-over.

PNW_Bronco94

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I drive the i95 Long Island to N. Carolina 4or5 times a year. Do you think this vehicle will be reasonably comfortable At 75-80 mph.
Lol. Yes. My '94 Bronco on 33's will do 80 all day. You can set the cruise at 100 mph on almost any vehicle made in the last 10 years, including my wife's 2006 Honda Pilot, which is the furthest thing from a high performance vehicle.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Like the Jeep the Bronco is like a brick with 4 tires. The cross wind will tend to push the vehicle around, and head winds will cause less mpgs. That being said I'm quite sure the Bronco will be fine on the road. We took our Jeep on a cross country journey last year, and it was very comfortable on long runs. It also handled 75-80 mph with no problems. I don't think there's anything to worry about.

ChrisKz

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve gotten up to 90 in my JK hard top and while it is loud, it’s not unbearable.

That’s what the volume knob is for!

(I also am guessing the NVH of Bronco will be way lower than a wrangler)
Yeah, gotten pulled over in my JKU for 95 MPH. If the Jeep can do it I'm sure the Bronco will be fine.

Dro

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 Door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What does everyone think about the comfort on such a drive if you get the sasquatch package but swap out the 35 MT for 35 ATs?

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My truck is similar in weight to a 2-door bronco has the 2.7EB, 10-speed, 33's, 3.73 gears and is shaped like a brick.

It is hard doing 80 on the freeway.. seems to always want to go 90+

I see no problems power wise.

In regards to noise though we will just have to wait and see I suppose..

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why? Just dont?

Killed By Death

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You will be fine. I had a new stock Rubicon with 33" KO2 tires and it wasn't bad. The Jeep had a solid front axle which caused the steering to SUCK!!!!!! Plus poor FCA engineering. I don't expect this problem with the Bronco!

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs