Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We went to Keystone the week before Labor day to take advantage of the long weekend...booked and all before the Buena Vista Bronco public viewing was announced and missed it by a day or two.

Anyway we rented a 2019 or 2020 Ford Expedition max limited with everything except the moon roof. The in laws have a 2019 XLT loaded with the moon roof but I have not driven it much. The Rental had the driving aids and in short I absolutely hated it.

On the Driving aid thing it was nice in wider road lanes but in construction zones when down to one lane it fought me the whole way and when said construction had you go into the shoulder the wheel fought you or acted like it did not know what to do. At first I thought there was a dead spot in the steering as the wheel would seem dead and then with the computer correction and your driving would almost over correct and make the move more or overly dramatic. I noticed the driving aids were on and it clicked...ah...that is what it is.

With the Expedition being a bit of a robust size on turns with 18wheeler/OTR trucks would sometimes push me towards the left yellow line when passing and I did not like it. I found myself being hyper aware of the aids/assists and swaying more between lanes and having an almost "Drunk" over reaction to adjusting instead of a smooth steer back (again mostly on narrow or bends/turns in the road). It was not so much a control thing (there was a little of that to be honest) but the over-reaction as unless you watched the \ \ lane markers (eyes off the road) it just seemed to push you over one way or the other.

I did like the auto dimming headlights and the B&O soundsystem was nice...not super custom setup nice but a decent factory audio setup. From my experience I am glad I am planning on skipping the aids/assists.

P.S. the 3.5 eb in sport mode sounded meaner and that thing sure did get down and boogie with 8 people and luggage.
Sponsored

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hopefully we can turn that off. I love the convenience of keyless entry but if it only comes with the mid-package and not a la carte I might have to fight with the steering wheel too!

Last edited:

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah lane keep assists don't work in road construction where the lanes are messed up and should be turned off. Not a reason to throw the baby out with the bathwater though.

Sponsored

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Generally speaking the adaptive cruise and lane keep in the current F-150, which are the same as expedition, are a dumpster fire and I never use them. My wife's Hyundai on the other hand is a nearly hands off, and seamless experience. Supposedly the new F-150 is a vast improvement with the assist 2.0. I'm hoping the brono uses the same technology, and if it does I'll opt for the lux package, if not I'm going to pass.

OP
OP

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah lane keep assists don't work in road construction where the lanes are messed up and should be turned off. Not a reason to throw the baby out with the bathwater though.
I can see the tech almost there, I am actually kind of looking forward to autopilot type things. Moreso when autopilot is at almost 100% of all cars on the road.

The crap for curves and such was just a deal breaker and as noted also this version might just suck compared to others. I just dont think the Bronco is the aids/assist for me.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Any driver assist doodads that are obtrusive in any way will be getting turned off as I come across them.
And then just repeat the process every time you start the motor, you just know they're going to default to ON and not remember how you set them

Frustrating, sometimes it's nice having an older car

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And then just repeat the process every time you start the motor, you just know they're going to default to ON and not remember how you set them

If it's anything like my Fusion it doesn't reset every time you turn off the car

Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like with the auto start/stop, I’m hoping there’re easy ways to turn them permanently off.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We went to Keystone the week before Labor day to take advantage of the long weekend...booked and all before the Buena Vista Bronco public viewing was announced and missed it by a day or two.

Anyway we rented a 2019 or 2020 Ford Expedition max limited with everything except the moon roof. The in laws have a 2019 XLT loaded with the moon roof but I have not driven it much. The Rental had the driving aids and in short I absolutely hated it.

On the Driving aid thing it was nice in wider road lanes but in construction zones when down to one lane it fought me the whole way and when said construction had you go into the shoulder the wheel fought you or acted like it did not know what to do. At first I thought there was a dead spot in the steering as the wheel would seem dead and then with the computer correction and your driving would almost over correct and make the move more or overly dramatic. I noticed the driving aids were on and it clicked...ah...that is what it is.

With the Expedition being a bit of a robust size on turns with 18wheeler/OTR trucks would sometimes push me towards the left yellow line when passing and I did not like it. I found myself being hyper aware of the aids/assists and swaying more between lanes and having an almost "Drunk" over reaction to adjusting instead of a smooth steer back (again mostly on narrow or bends/turns in the road). It was not so much a control thing (there was a little of that to be honest) but the over-reaction as unless you watched the \ \ lane markers (eyes off the road) it just seemed to push you over one way or the other.

I did like the auto dimming headlights and the B&O soundsystem was nice...not super custom setup nice but a decent factory audio setup. From my experience I am glad I am planning on skipping the aids/assists.

P.S. the 3.5 eb in sport mode sounded meaner and that thing sure did get down and boogie with 8 people and luggage.
The lane keeping/centering features take a little getting used to. When I had my Explorer, it only had lane keeping. I hated it and usually kept it turned off. My Edge has both lane keeping and lane centering. Now that I'm used to them, I use them all of the time. I find that the feel in the steering keeps me more alert.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Most of those features can be turned off and stay off until you turn them back on. The only one's I can think of that default are auto start/stop and the 360 camera view.
Sponsored