First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What is it like driving at 55+ mph on 35" option tires as compared to 3 3 " all terrain tires?
Sponsored

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There’s no difference. The only felt or heard difference in tires are going to be the tread type.
a rough deep tread on a small or big tire is going to feel rough and loud.
A smooth tread on a small or big tire is going to be smooth.

Last edited:

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just drove 250 miles there and back to see the new broncos in my f150 with 35s. Wife on numerous occasions asked me if I knew how fast I was going. My truck drives like a dream on 35” MT tires, but 35s on my wrangler on much louder.

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sometimes the KO2's on the Raptor seem to have a balance issue. Not sure if it's that balance or a rock in the tread. Makes the empty passenger seat vibrate. But that's at 80-85. No noise really.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is it like driving at 55+ mph on 35" option tires as compared to 3 3 " all terrain tires?
Perfectly fine, it is fine with 38" mud tires....just noise, nothing more.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sometimes the KO2's on the Raptor seem to have a balance issue. Not sure if it's that balance or a rock in the tread. Makes the empty passenger seat vibrate. But that's at 80-85. No noise really.
Now that I think about it, my f150 with MT does that around that speed. I balance my MT every 3k miles. Could be tire balance or even the drive shaft at that speed.

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just drove from Florida on 35 Nitto M/Ts to Breckenridge pulling a trailer doing 70 down the interstate portions. No problems here.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Greylyn

Black Diamond
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just drove 250 miles there and back to see the new broncos in my f150 with 35s. Wife on numerous occasions asked me if I knew how fast I was going. My truck drives like a dream on 35” MT tires, but 35s on my wrangler on much louder.
My concern is stability at 60-70? How do they ride as I'm thinking of the Sasquatch and 2.7liter

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They’re going to be very similar, in my experience, assuming you’re running the same exact tire (33” Goodyear MT’s vs 35” Goodyear MTs.) An MT is going to ride differently than an AT though.

My Rover is on 33’s, solid axles, and lots of mileage and worn bushings. It rides better on fresh 33’s than the old 30’s I replaced. Size has less to do with it than tire compounds, especially when both tires are LT type.

Just don’t expect a Crossover type feel and you’ll be alright.

Reactions: P.C

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My concern is stability at 60-70? How do they ride as I'm thinking of the Sasquatch and 2.7liter
My truck has a 6” lift with the 3.5EB and my wrangler has 35” MT and a much smaller engine. I daily commute 54 miles round trip for work in both vehicles. My wife is going 4dr badlands, auto, 2.7 and was originally going with sasquatch but after seeing the badlands today non sasquatch, she’ll be going non-sasquatch. No reason for her to get sasquatch when shed be swapping out the wheels and the 33s have more travel. Extra 1” ground clearance of 35” tires will make it more difficult to get into her bronco without steps as she’s 5’2”. Her KO2 AT tires have performed flawlessly both on road in the snow and offroad that she has on her grand cherokee, so sticking with 33s.

Sponsored

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
No big deal.
Just did another week of 80mph round trip in downtown Phoenix city rush hour traffic.

Just remember that your breaking distance isn't as short as a car's.

OP
OP

Greylyn

Black Diamond
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thank you for your real life experience with the 35" M/T vs 33" AT. I'm thinking about the Badlands with or without Sasquatch or possibly the Wildtrak. Realistically , most of use will be on local streets and highways where speeds could get to 70mph. I plan to do some sand driving at the coast as well as on unpaved roads periodically. My concern was how would the 35" M/ T tires drive on the highway. I'm not concerned with the sound but more that handling at speeds up to 65-70. From what you've responded, it sounds like I shouldn't have any major issues as long as I make sure to keep them balanced. Thanks for your responses as I'm now leaning toward doing the Sasquatch via the Wildtrak - even though it will mostly be wasted on me. I do like the looks of either the 33's or 35's and probably can't go wrong either way. Thanks again.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've done road trips on 44s. it is all about the tread pattern and sidewall height and thickness. a taller tire will feel softer and wander a bit more. a deeper tread will belouder. thicker sidwall will be stiffer ride and wander less. I use to DD on 37s, was no issue doing 130+

Reactions: P.C

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The size of tire isn't really the issue, it's the widened stance on the road. There will be more play from left to right because it won't fit into the grooves as well, but it really isn't a big deal. I used to DD my wrangler with 35's on it 60 miles a day at probably a max of 85mph and it never bothered me. You just need to actually hang onto the wheel... I believe this will either be unnoticeable or much less significant with IFS suspension.

Like others have said, compound and tread is probably more significant if the stance of the vehicle does not change.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

33 to 35 is not that much of a difference, and the MT tires aren't mud tires, it's badly named 'multi terrain' as far as I understand it. Might be a bit more noise, but handling should be just about the same.
I don't understand why they call them MT, because everybody will think they are for mud specifically, but they are not. Real mud tires probably won't be much fun at high speed, but I've never tried that. Multi terrain just is odd wording for all terrain I think. But I'm not a tire expert in any way. I'll still get the sasquatch, highway is a tiny percentage of my day to day driving, if that gets a bit louder I'll just crank up the music a bit.

All speculation of course, as far as I know nobody actually has those tires on their rig yet, I think they are something new. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Sponsored