Sponsored

Driving experience with Sasquatch gearing and 33" Tires?

86EddieBauer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Impala
Your Bronco Model
Base
Im thinking of going Sasquatch for the lockers, but want to use it as a daily driver for a few years.

What would driving be like with the 2.3L Engine and 4.7 gears and smaller (32" or 33") tires?

High RPMs at any speed? Horrible Gas Mileage? I have seen the gear/rpm calculator, but Im thinking about overall drivability.

Thanks
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Probalby scoots. Would definitely help the 0 to 60 times.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Im thinking of going Sasquatch for the lockers, but want to use it as a daily driver for a few years.

What would driving be like with the 2.3L Engine and 4.7 gears and smaller (32" or 33") tires?

High RPMs at any speed? Horrible Gas Mileage? I have seen the gear/rpm calculator, but Im thinking about overall drivability.

Thanks
should be very quick and torquey. I believe 6th and 7th are both overdrive so shouldn't hurt mileage too much.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Any sas unit is going to suck gas. What is your definition of bad.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Thanks
Badlands 2.3/MT has the Samscratch gearing on the 33" tires.

If you can find a Badlands MT to drive you can experience it yourself! (tall order, just trying to inspire you!)

Ford Bronco Driving experience with Sasquatch gearing and 33" Tires? Bronco gearin

Sponsored
OP
OP

86EddieBauer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Impala
Your Bronco Model
Base
Rick thats a good point about the Badlands 2.3/MT. I'll keep an eye out for a dealer mannequin or badlands MT review.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yep, it'll scoot....Keep in mind that there is also a big difference between 32 and 33" tires as well....32s are generally 1 inch less width and height....so they are generally much lighter than a 33. I might throw 33s on my 2 door squatch just for fun to get a little extra speed out of it too. I bet the mileage stays the same as the tire will weigh less, so you have less rotating mass, but a few more rpms due to the smaller diameter.
You will want to reprogram the speedo though as it will read wrong and will register more miles than you actually drive.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The gearing of the manual and automatic transmission are different, so I wouldn’t count on that giving an equivalent feel on drivability.
Sponsored