Sponsored

Driving without bedlock beauty rings installed? And torx bolt size?

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No. I'd rather struggle with something that is moderately close. :ROFLMAO:

TBH, I don't even know if I have a regular Torx bit. My tool assortment is limited right now.
I’m a tool junky, so I have sets for both. Made in the USA, and pretty reasonably priced, at least south of the border.

Ford Bronco Driving without bedlock beauty rings installed? And torx bolt size? 59CB7467-2637-42D1-931F-561072AC4DA2
Ford Bronco Driving without bedlock beauty rings installed? And torx bolt size? 47AD5BC2-9A2D-459E-B057-66029CE02279
Sponsored

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I broke mine loose by hand then used an impact to get them off the rest of the way. They were tough to remove and my bronco only has 40 miles on it. Can’t imagine if you’ve been driving for a while with salt and whatnot. T45 fit perfect for me and none of them stripped. Hopefully have the same luck reinstalling.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes you can drive around without them on. I did, while mine were being powder coated.

Just be careful removing the bolts. I stripped two and each bolt was $25 CDN from Ford (thankfully I got them slightly cheaper, but still…).
$25?? No wonder the Squatch option was so much!
12 per wheel, 5 wheels is $1500 😂😂

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I broke mine loose by hand then used an impact to get them off the rest of the way. They were tough to remove and my bronco only has 40 miles on it. Can’t imagine if you’ve been driving for a while with salt and whatnot. T45 fit perfect for me and none of them stripped. Hopefully have the same luck reinstalling.
Definitely, DEFINITELY reinstall them back in with antiseize. Aluminum and steel don't get along well

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Not trying to hijack this but we installed rings on a new unit and had to drill 6 of the mother f'ers out due to round off. Couple things we've noticed. One, the socket isn't deep enough for a Torx. Two, the major problem these are difficult to extract is because of the yellow Loc-Tite applied to the bolt from the factory. Three, steel bolt, aluminum ring, aluminum wheel, frequent exposure to water, road salts and chemicals. Tell me, metallurgists, what do you think is going to happen in 6 months when you want to take them off?

I'm trying to find aftermarket replacements since $12.00/ea, 12 per wheel, isn't going to cut it. Button head, M 10X1.5X25. Head is 16.3mm wide and just under 5mm high. The recess in the ring is approx. 17mm wide so the standard bolts I've seen that are 17-17.5mm wide, aren't going to work. These really need to be some flavor of stainless that can be coated/plated black. Ready, set, go!
its as bad as Fords lug nuts...

Sponsored

mykoljay

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well, I'm glad I removed them before putting miles on them (so maybe that's why it was easy enough). In fact I have the sasquatch wheels and waiting for my bronco! (bought them off a forum member)

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I need to get the beadlock rings on my sasquatched Bronco powder coated. This may take a few days.

Question: Can I drive without the beadlock rings on......just around town?

lrdraca90

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I need to get the beadlock rings on my sasquatched Bronco powder coated. This may take a few days.

Question: Can I drive without the beadlock rings on......just around town?
Yes. You can drive around town. Standard Sasquatch ring is a beauty ring.