Sponsored

Driving without doors - rules / laws / common sense things to consider?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I found it funny that the last line states if you want further information, contact someone named "Ford"
I didn't even catch that, lol, how ironic!
Sponsored

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've never driven a vehicle with the doors removed. What are the rules / laws / common sense things to consider? Seems like you're open to more debris on say highways and such. Do you just drive without doors on rural roads or on the trail or can they also be removed in high speed situations? I assume passengers are still protected from side collisions by the external frame?

I've read that only the two front doors fit in the back of the 4-door. Is this true? ~ I suppose if you have nowhere to store them on roadtrips, you have to forgo removing the back doors?

Edit: Also, is the vehicle much more open to theft if the doors are off? Is there some additional security feature to help protect it against theft when the doors are off? I'd be super insecure about parking it anywhere, even if I had my eyes on it.

Also, is the leg prop outside the door frame a sign of dominance? ;)
Well I think the number one common sense thing is don't fall out. ;)

Reactions: abe

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reactions: abe

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So have the dealer do a door delete and buy your doors after market. :ROFLMAO:
Hey, then maybe I can tint the front windows too with that logic (front tint is illegal here)!

I like it!

havingfunyet

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Base
If the doors and top didn't come off I wouldn't have even considered the Bronco. I have driven my Jeeps all over with doors off. Mirrors are required most places so several years ago I got some tube doors that you can put the mirrors from the regular doors on. Make sure and wear your seatbelt and I have to find a hat that will stay on and keep my hair back so I can see to drive. Good fitting sunglasses that won't fly off are important too.

Sponsored

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In order to even register a vehicle (get a license plate) in FL, you must have seatbelt, headlights, brake lights, blinkers side mirror, rear view mirror, and a horn. I know this because I was going to make my Yamaha Wolverine street legal. Other than that, doors don’t really matter...only thing you need to be mindful of will be your passengers...YOU might be fine going 75+ on a freeway (yes it feels great) but your passengers might be leaving stains on your MGV. And yes, please DO NOT drive with your leg sticking out...one of my pet peeves. Like do you really need air to flow through your shorts? Are you really that sweaty down there?

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Especially true if you own a very hairy dog like a lab. My truck turns into a total hair storm with just the windows down unless I de-shed it with the shop vac after the hairy beast rides in it.
For best results, next time try de-shedding your dog before he rides in it! :ROFLMAO:

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The side mirror regulations differ state to state. I think Illinois does not require any side mirrors, as long as the rear view mirror covers enough of the aft area.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Have you ever seen a UPS truck driving with the doors open?

Stevegp

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 mustang gt. F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It is illegal in Pa. to drive without doors , it’s the only state I’m aware of.

Sponsored

Tataman

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm in Arizona, and am totally looking forward to riding with the top and doors off - in winter. Seriously, here it may get down to 45 at night, and be 70 by 9AM, tops out about 79. It's sunny, no rain, and I will be driving slow on blacktops around my home out in the country at below 60MPH most of the time. Basically, it will be great. Summers? Put the doors back on, and wait for a WHITE modular top. Hope the AC can keep up with 108 degrees.
I also live in Arizona, but I am planning on the doors being off for 10 months of the year. I do expect to have have the top on and doors on for that mid December to January stretch where it’s cooler in the mornings. I am also planning on a bimini top to keep direct sun off on the warmer summer days. I drive a fair amount in the summer months with my windows down as I love the open air flow. In full candidness I do have the AC on as well. 😁

Scott1911

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure about the Bronco yet, but in my JL, when doorless, if you don't have your seat belt fastened, it will put itself in PARK below a few MPH if you shift your weight in the seat.

#NannyState

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For best results, next time try de-shedding your dog before he rides in it! :ROFLMAO:
That works with some dogs, but not Emma. She hairs up the truck on the way home from de-shedding at the dog groomers. She sheds enough every day to make a whole other dog! Keeps the Roomba busy though.