First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Silverado, 18 EcoSport 4x4, 09 Aveo, 1995 P38
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
On the Base models, can you change the DRL from the low beam headlamp to the turn signal lamp?

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Let me know when you do.
Seems there is no low output on the led strip. On a regular bulb you have the high and low filament. Not the case with the led. So when you choose position, drl and turn the light stays on. I believe in some countries overseas they have to have forward facing amber lights. Maybe the tiny corner lights gets them by. At this point the non signature lights is the only way I can think to have amber all the time. I will say I’ve had no one else pull out in front of me like they didn’t see me since I went to amber drl’s.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

On the Base models, can you change the DRL from the low beam headlamp to the turn signal lamp?
There is a setting there. I can’t remember the wording if it will just add the turn signal to the drl or if you can shut off the low beam. But I don’t have a base model light to do any testing. Are they not already on? You have to have a window to look in or an assistant because the vehicle has to be in drive without the parking brake set to check them out.

Sponsored

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems there is no low output on the led strip. On a regular bulb you have the high and low filament. Not the case with the led. So when you choose position, drl and turn the light stays on. I believe in some countries overseas they have to have forward facing amber lights. Maybe the tiny corner lights gets them by. At this point the non signature lights is the only way I can think to have amber all the time. I will say I’ve had no one else pull out in front of me like they didn’t see me since I went to amber drl’s.
Not exactly. During the day my amber bar is lit and when I use my blinker it gets brighter and flashez

Tornado_735

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Silverado, 18 EcoSport 4x4, 09 Aveo, 1995 P38
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There is a setting there. I can’t remember the wording if it will just add the turn signal to the drl or if you can shut off the low beam. But I don’t have a base model light to do any testing. Are they not already on? You have to have a window to look in or an assistant because the vehicle has to be in drive without the parking brake set to check them out.
I usually got away checking DRLs on my other cars by blocking the wheels, key on, engine off with the trans in drive and the parking brake off lol

This was one of the first things I want to change once my Bronco is mined, refined, processed, forged, built, sat on a lot somewhere for three months, then shipped.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not exactly. During the day my amber bar is lit and when I use my blinker it gets brighter and flashez
On signature lights or the other ? Mine is on with drl then just flashes no brighter with signature lights. When I turn the headlights on they turn back white. When I changed to come on as position with the headlights they stayed one brightness and wouldn’t blink. I’d like to have the amber on at all times but still blink.

Last edited:

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On signature lights or the other ? Mine is on with drl then just flashes no brighter with signature lights. When I turn the headlights on they turn back white. When I ish them changed to come on as position with the headlights they stayed one brightness and wouldn’t blink. I’d like to have the amber on at all times but still blink.
Mine are setup so that the bar is amber during the day. When I use the blinker they blink. At night they are white and blink amber.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine are setup so that the bar is amber during the day. When I use the blinker they blink. At night they are white and blink amber.
That’s how mine run

Sponsored

rayep

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Plat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

On signature lights or the other ? Mine is on with drl then just flashes no brighter with signature lights. When I turn the headlights on they turn back white. When I ish them changed to come on as position with the headlights they stayed one brightness and wouldn’t blink. I’d like to have the amber on at all times but still blink.
I to am looking for this answer. I had the same issue and had to go back to turn and DRL amber

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2004 Volkswagen R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I toyed around with a ton of settings in forscan trying to see whats possible. I was able to get the amber DRLs with the headlights off but no luck with other settings. It looks like the spreadsheet is incorrect, since 04 actually sets the blinker to turn, DRL, and position, and its the position setting that appears to override the blinker and make them stay on full time. Right now the best option is Turn and DRL only, which I think was 03 if looking at the as-built.

Here is mine without headlights on.

Ford Bronco DRL settings in Forscan 1646627998604

Last edited:

Bearcat1

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition Limited, 2006 BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a 22 Black Diamond with the base headlights. Default from factory for DRL is low beams only. Trying to change to amber bars for drl only, no low beams. I tried all the different DRL settings in the as built, nothing worked. Using the BdyCM drop down menu config, I was able to get the amber bars to turn on with the DRL's by changing both Left and Right Front Turn Lamp Usage to "Turn and DRL'. Now I have both amber bars and low beams as my DRL. Any ideas on how to shut of the low beams and just leave the amber bars for drl?
(btw, with Forscan v2.3.47 was able to add Baja mode, disable double honk, 2 press key fob alarm with my 2022)

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2004 Volkswagen R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 22 Black Diamond with the base headlights. Default from factory for DRL is low beams only. Trying to change to amber bars for drl only, no low beams. I tried all the different DRL settings in the as built, nothing worked. Using the BdyCM drop down menu config, I was able to get the amber bars to turn on with the DRL's by changing both Left and Right Front Turn Lamp Usage to "Turn and DRL'. Now I have both amber bars and low beams as my DRL. Any ideas on how to shut of the low beams and just leave the amber bars for drl?
(btw, with Forscan v2.3.47 was able to add Baja mode, disable double honk, 2 press key fob alarm with my 2022)
Thats what I set on mine but my amber bar DRLs turn off with low beams...

You sure you didn't have the headlights switch set to auto?

Bearcat1

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition Limited, 2006 BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I do have it set to auto yes, but outside during dayli

Not sure what you mean. Default from the factory is low beams ONLY for DRL. My amber bars do not turn on for DRLS by default, just low beams. Now if it is dark out, then both amber bars and low beams are on for headlights. I want to change the DRL lights. I ONLY want the amber bars to come on, not the low beams for DRLs. I have not been able to figure out the forscan settings to do this.
Sponsored