Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ‘21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice, I have the AIR 2S and plan to do the same when I get my bronco. Looks good!

Skydio is nice if you only want to do automation and tracking, not so good for self flight control. And very expensive!
That does look dope - I'll check it out. I think if I get out of the 1k range it would be to get something more substantial with interchangeable lenses and better sensor.. what blows me away is that this mavic air 2 is kinda the perfect package - under a grand for all that tech and if I crash it I'm not devastated - just pissed at myself. Allows you to be a little less precious with it and say, let it fly itself without worrying too much haha.

OP
OP
luptanpitman

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ‘21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thats very cool. What do you mean by "active track" drone? Did it automatically keep the camera on you with some sort of beacon? Or does one person fly the drone, and the other the car? Did it stay aloft the whole 5 minutes? Maybe its time to buy one!
The dji drones have a technology where you drag and drop a square around an object on your phone which is connected to the remote as a monitor. Within that yeah there are a ton of settings so you can set it to bullseye the target so it just autopilots and provided no super sharp turns and not too close it will keep it in view. But you can also have it so you can move the joysticks around and up and down while keeping it locked on the target which is killer and I tried so it didn't crash into the mountain when I was going up, but also stressful cause I had one hand on the remote and one on the wheel. Then it has stuff like chase or fly alongside etc.. Honestly I need to play with it more and since I was with a couple friends didn't want to hold everyone up testing all the other stuff out. This spot is perfect too cause aside from altitude you dont need to worry about crashing it at all. I could only imagine wrecking the bronco to save the drone.

Sponsored
OP
OP
luptanpitman

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ‘21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

nice g-wagen!!
right guys?!? @PowPow @Rob1135ny

1630613292250.png
I love it man. I live in LA so basically only see kardashians at the wheel in front of whole foods. My buddies was extraordinarily capable and I kinda dig the simplicity of the older trucks.. none of those offroad display goodies - pitch roll, tire pressure etc but do ya really need all that? I will say while I was focused on switching GOAT modes and buttons, he was always in 4L w lock already at the top of the hill.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes! And that looks like more of a 4x4 trail, even if on my mild scale :)
VT Class IV road.
I lived in Wilm for a dozen years. Mostly flat and sandy in eastern NC. Missed the NE geography.
You have to go a bit west for elevation.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

VT Class IV road.
I lived in Wilm for a dozen years. Mostly flat and sandy in eastern NC. Missed the NE geography.
You have to go a bit west for elevation.
Nice! NC doesn't have much great wheeling after Tellico went away. Not from there but used to live in Kansas City and would spend lots of time wheeling in surrounding states including Colorado and Moab trips each year. Had heavily built 97 TJ.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love it man. I live in LA so basically only see kardashians at the wheel in front of whole foods. My buddies was extraordinarily capable and I kinda dig the simplicity of the older trucks.. none of those offroad display goodies - pitch roll, tire pressure etc but do ya really need all that? I will say while I was focused on switching GOAT modes and buttons, he was always in 4L w lock already at the top of the hill.
That's what I do out on the trails. Keep it in 4L and start hitting the lockers (center, rear, front) when needed. You can do the same in the bronco in normal mode, but then you don't have any way to adjust steering, throttle, transmission settings.
It's incredibly capable from the factory. I think my badlands sasquatch will match or exceed my g.

Sponsored

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
FREAKIN' FANTASTIC VIDEO!!!! I love it. All video and no talking! So many of the videos of the reviewers are them talking and not showing the Bronco on the road. I have spent some time at Carnegie east of Livermore. Rode dirt-bikes there several times while visiting my sister. Love that place.

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went back to Hungry Valley yesterday. I figured out how to mount my iphone on the accessory shoe for a few bucks, but I thought it would be cooler to bring my drone and see how the tracking feature held up. I'm by no means a drone pilot but the active track technology is pretty astounding.

Anyway hopefully this helps if you're still waiting for delivery.

LOVE IT!! Music choice makes it

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice! NC doesn't have much great wheeling after Tellico went away. Not from there but used to live in Kansas City and would spend lots of time wheeling in surrounding states including Colorado and Moab trips each year. Had heavily built 97 TJ.
I am moving to NC soon and I was hopping to find a few off road places. Where is Tellico? Is it worth going to? Thanks! I have a place in Waynesville and Burnsville NC.

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am moving to NC soon and I was hopping to find a few off road places. Where is Tellico? Is it worth going to? Thanks! I have a place in Waynesville and Burnsville NC.
Tellico was a well known place in far western NC, but I believe it closed up years ago. Was really good and hardcore serious offroading. http://www.telliquah.com/OHV2.htm
Only place close is Uwharrie which is ok.
Sponsored

Last edited: