Sponsored

Dropping the MIC top, how much difference will it make get me scheduled?

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Banned
I have a base 2.3L with MIC top I just ordered last week. Dealer tells me they have allocation but won't say much more. How much will dropping the MIC top help get me scheduled?
Sponsored

Collinabc123

Base
First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer h3
Your Bronco Model
Base
Apparently it will help a lot because Ford is building dealer stock units because they don’t have enough MIC tops even though they said they wouldn’t do that. So if u chose soft top you should you might get selected tomorrow or the next cycle

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I dropped my Hardtop and Tow on Monday and my order was previewed yesterday and most likely will get scheduled tomorrow.

I have a base 2.3L with MIC top I just ordered last week. Dealer tells me they have allocation but won't say much more. How much will dropping the MIC top help get me scheduled?

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dropping one of the biggest constraints should move you forward a lot. Impossible to quantify it any more than that. You have no real way of knowing how soon your order would be pulled if you stick with the MIC. Ford can't give us any estimates.

Sponsored

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IF you are willing to gamble, then you could drop down to soft top TODAY and then if you get picked up on their order on this next batch, immediately then get them to try to change it back to MIC... at your own risks

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does dropping a MIC top mean that you dropped a top for a drop top?

When I changed my order from a MIC to a soft top, I was scheduled shortly after. This was a few months ago, but it seemed to help.

HeyItsABronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 PowerBoost, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We dropped the MIC top during the first week of November on our Wildtrak order and got a build date for January 17 at the last round of scheduling. It was a definite surprise, considering our August 2020 reservation date.

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would say that you would definitely benefit from switching to a softie. In my opinion, based on what I have seen, a soft top will get you your Bronco sooner. Not sure if it matters, but I love my soft top.

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I dropped my Hardtop and Tow on Monday and my order was previewed yesterday and most likely will get scheduled tomorrow.
I still can’t believe you went for it, after all this time. Didn’t your new raptor show? That truck has impressive rear travel, she flexes on coilovers!

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Took delivery of 2021 raptor late October. This bronco is for my wife. Don’t worry, I plan to order my warthog with a hardtop.

😬

I still can’t believe you went for it, after all this time. Didn’t your new raptor show? That truck has impressive rear travel, she flexes on coilovers!

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You'll get it alot more quickly, unless you dont. You'll very likely get scheduled more quickly, according to Ford. Define "quickly" here _____ ______. _______. ______. You'll likely receive your vehicle more quickly. Unless you dont! Trouble is there are still reservation holders ahead of you who have first dibbs. Unless they dont. Or if they're unwilling to adjust allocations on a vehicle they have waited for 17 months, just to get it more quickly. So much is possible. So much unknown.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You'll get it alot more quickly, unless you dont. You'll very likely get scheduled more quickly, according to Ford. Define "quickly" here _____ ______. _______. ______. You'll likely receive your vehicle more quickly. Unless you dont! Trouble is there are still reservation holders ahead of you who have first dibbs. Unless they dont. Or if they're unwilling to adjust allocations on a vehicle they have waited for 17 months, just to get it more quickly. So much is possible. So much unknown.
Aside from ample anecdotal evidence that switching from the hardtop tends to lead to pretty rapid scheduling.

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Took delivery of 2021 raptor late October. This bronco is for my wife. Don’t worry, I plan to order my warthog with a hardtop.

😬
My man! What color did you get? you went 35s right?

I have this tiny piece of me that hopes Warthog still exists as a 2.3L manual "Base Raptor" just waiting for that final signoff on a desk somewhere. @Ford Motor Company

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Code orange with 35s. I posted some pics a few threads above this one with some aftermarket wheels I am running.

The warthog will have a base package with mgv but I doubt it will have a manual.

My man! What color did you get? you went 35s right?

I have this tiny piece of me that hopes Warthog still exists as a 2.3L manual "Base Raptor" just waiting for that final signoff on a desk somewhere. @Ford Motor Company
Sponsored