Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What model year did you drive? There is a fix (new steering box) for the loose steering for all vehicles and the 2021's have the new box. The steering has been a huge issue and FCA has gotten a lot of flack for stating they were driving like a solid front axle jeep. I have 2001 TJ that drives better on a 4 inch lift with 35's. Every new wrangler I test drove had this problem. Now I'm a sucker for jeeps (and Broncos when I get my hands on one) so I actually have a 2021 Rubicon Diesel on order. I will not purchase if the steering is still not corrected.
If you get a chance, try to test drive a 2021 wrangler or gladiator. I'm hearing the difference is night and day.
The diesel is the only engine I would have. Didn't like the 3.6 or the 2.0 turbo - although others in my jeep club have them and are very happy. My F150 with 3.5 ecoboost is an amazing truck and tow vehicle. Wouldn't have anything else. Looking forward to checking the bronco with the 2.7 out.
Are 2021's out yet? I didn't check model year, but both the Wrangler and the Gladiator both had the same steering/handling issues.
Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@LSU Jonno Thanks. The more I see posts like this, the happier I am with my plan to go with the 2.7.

The key with the 2.7 is to run premium fuel and in sport mode. I hear it comes alive when those two things are present.
:( And this kind of post just reinforces my irritation that the Badlands doesn't have Sport for some bizarre reason...

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
@LSU Jonno Thanks. The more I see posts like this, the happier I am with my plan to go with the 2.7.

:( And this kind of post just reinforces my irritation that the Badlands doesn't have Sport for some bizarre reason...
In the Edge forums with the 2.7L it is rumored to have up to a 15HP drop with regular fuel being used, that is a nothingburger IMO. I have run it off 85 here with no issues as we are high elevation. We do run premium (91) typically to be on the safe side usually but I cannot tell a difference.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Baja is sport plus. We will be fine.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That 3.6 Pentastar is a slug. Hated it in my Wrangler. Hate it in my current Grand Cherokee. It is such a dated powertrain. I think it actually premiered in a minivan. So maybe that's why you say it felt like that. LOL The 2.7 is a beast. Had one in my F-150 and it was pure fun to drive.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably the torque with the diesel, 442 vs 310 with the 2.3 so it'll pull quick but drop off but looks like not much, Wrangler has 260 hp compared to 270 for Ranger/Bronco. Need to take into account that it's a 6k option on the Jeep too which makes the 2.7 a bargain and 2.3 a steal!
My future 2dr manual would easily blow thr doors off the JLU diesel with $6k in mods

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 2.7 is Is definitely quick enough on its own and doesn’t need any modifications. I think that post is just saying you can make it even faster. Have you driven an EcoBoost?

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, just realized that. Still, the 2.7 is going to be really fun to drive.
I'm still on the fence about the two. I'm getting a two door and want a fun aspect to it, which is why I'm heavily considering the 2.3L but only with the manual. I'm planning on test driving both vehicles just to get a feel for the power and since the weight of them both compared to the Bronco will minor.
Sponsored