Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Sounds about "America standard" based on the take rates for larger motors and manual transmissions. This case is a bit odd that they actually have an uprated motor but not a corresponding manual.

Please note that I am in no way trying to make light of your or imply anything. Simply pointing out that based on sales, you trend in pretty much the way the nation as a whole is choosing to "speak" with their vehicle purchase. Nothing wrong with that!
Sponsored

Beef78

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus and 71 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a ā€˜15 with the ā€œlemonā€ transmission currently at 96000 miles. I drive the hell out of it and Iā€™ve had 0 issues. It doesnā€™t shift like a normal auto and that weirds people out. They take it in and say, ā€œitā€™s broke!ā€ I donā€™t know. Maybe mine will explode eventually.

My Sister had a 15 and drove it fairly hard and never had any issues. She recently traded it with 55k. My Niece has a 13 and babies hers. I think it has around 40k on it and she's had it fixed 3 times. It's been a couple of years since the last fix and no problems so far. Neither of these had any other problems with them.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Friend of mine conveniently just bought a Ranger and i drove it yesterday. The 2.3 was surprisingly good in a vehicle that size but good lord that 10 speed is AWFUL. I thought it was bad in the Mustang, it might be even worse in the Ranger. Low speeds are the worst. Its sooo clunky.

It's so bad I'm almost rethinking this FE i have reserved.

Thechief86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Jeep XJ, 2008 Subaru Forester.
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just test rode a 4 door ranger, and it wasn't that bad. But as we left the parking lot, my wife says, "I think you're going to miss having a manual".
I never buy automatics, and dont generally like them. I guess I'll have to forfeit the Squatch goodies...

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just test rode a 4 door ranger, and it wasn't that bad. But as we left the parking lot, my wife says, "I think you're going to miss having a manual".
I never buy automatics, and dont generally like them. I guess I'll have to forfeit the Squatch goodies...
Listen to your wife. ? Mansquach or no squash. Gotta keepā€˜m manual.

Sponsored

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Red lights are the biggest waste of energy on the planet but what would you do to replace them?
That is why they use roundabouts in Europe. I like them.

Deleted member 12854

Friend of mine conveniently just bought a Ranger and i drove it yesterday. The 2.3 was surprisingly good in a vehicle that size but good lord that 10 speed is AWFUL. I thought it was bad in the Mustang, it might be even worse in the Ranger. Low speeds are the worst. Its sooo clunky.

It's so bad I'm almost rethinking this FE i have reserved.
Same, dude. Same
Sponsored