First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like most of you, I’m frustrated with Ford and this dumpster fire of a vehicle rollout. Day 1 Res holder, have a Badlands on order but I was planning to have it by this summer. Early summer. So I can enjoy it. With the projected delays reaching into fall and summer around the corner my impulsivity brought me to the Jeep dealership. Test drive a 3.0 Rubicon and really enjoyed it. I DD F250 so don’t mind solid axles and the vehicle actually rode really well. Better than I was expecting. It’s no Ecoboost but it had plenty of torque, which I want. Thinking hard about trading in the truck, pushing my order to 22’ and enjoying the Wrangler in the meantime. The dealer offered me a laughable amount for my truck but if they can hit what I’m asking for I’m strongly considering doing it. Plus, if I decide to still go through with the Bronco order in a year I’ll have a solid baseline to compare it to, both on and off-road. Life’s short and I want to drive something fun. If Ford had a delivery date for me that was reasonable then I’d reconsider, but all I’ve gotten from my dealer is crickets. Anyone else in the same boat?
Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Like most of you, I’m frustrated with Ford and this dumpster fire of a vehicle rollout. Day 1 Res holder, have a Badlands on order but I was planning to have it by this summer. Early summer. So I can enjoy it. With the projected delays reaching into fall and summer around the corner my impulsivity brought me to the Jeep dealership. Test drive a 3.0 Rubicon and really enjoyed it. I DD F250 so don’t mind solid axles and the vehicle actually rode really well. Better than I was expecting. It’s no Ecoboost but it had plenty of torque, which I want. Thinking hard about trading in the truck, pushing my order to 22’ and enjoying the Wrangler in the meantime. The dealer offered me a laughable amount for my truck but if they can hit what I’m asking for I’m strongly considering doing it. Plus, if I decide to still go through with the Bronco order in a year I’ll have a solid baseline to compare it to, both on and off-road. Life’s short and I want to drive something fun. If Ford had a delivery date for me that was reasonable then I’d reconsider, but all I’ve gotten from my dealer is crickets. Anyone else in the same boat?
Hmmmn, Day 1 Badlands reservation. I recommend BUY THE JEEP

jimbo92

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Those diesels are PROPER in those things. Good sound, torque everywhere, and pretty solid fuel mileage.

Cali Gaucho

Base
First Name
Cali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My Brother just swapped his 2019 Rubicon for a new Diesel model. Added tires, bumpers, aftermarket heated leather, and a warn. It is BadAss for sure. Solid Vehicle.

However, I don't understand the thinking that because there are production delays people change their mind about Broncos all together. Everyone everywhere has Production Delays!

And it is all of our fault!
If we as a nation were not so shortsighted and quiet, we could have avoided these disruptions by not letting a bunch of idiot politicians (Both Parties) shut down our economy.

So please, We all should stop blaming others (Ford, Dealers, Chip Mfgs) and remember the economy would be fine if We would start taking responsibility to Make it better.

P.S. We juts did a 3 hr trail trek to a remote part of Grand Canyon. The Jeep handled great. Trails said they required 4wd, lift and recommended lockers. I did it with a rented Jeep Compass. :)
You can wheel almost anything by picking a good line and working the pedals.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Friend has a Gladiator Rubi w/diesel and it really made me consider a new Jeep. It's just about perfect for offroad.

Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry no Jeep for me no matter how long the wait. Go spend the $65k on a built 66'-77' Bronco and let it appreciated over the next two years while you're waiting on the new Bronco, instead of the 2021 Jeep that will depreciate.

OP
OP
MSparks909

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m considering it because I can have the vehicle next week. And I can start riding with the top and doors off next week too 😆 If they come up with a better trade-in number I’m probably going to do it. Then can trade in the Jeep on the Bronco if I’m so inclined. If I had a build date things would be different.

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m considering it because I can have the vehicle next week. And I can start riding with the top and doors off next week too 😆 If they come up with a better trade-in number I’m probably going to do it. Then can trade in the Jeep on the Bronco if I’m so inclined. If I had a build date things would be different.
Go to a Carmax or Carvana and see what they will give you for your truck. Trucks are in demand and short supply. I’m sure it would be worth your time to check them out.

Cali Gaucho

Base
First Name
Cali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Again... can't go wrong with the new Diesel Jeep... its a Beastie... :)

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just a couple thoughts..

1) in just a couple/few weeks, we are supposed to get notified as to when to expect our Bronco. Might wait until then before making any big choices.

2) you tube channel TrailRecon bought a diesel..the ended up getting rid of it. Has an episode as to what he liked and didn't like. Might be worth checking out.

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BYE BYE BYE JEEPETY JEEP JEEP JEEP you will be sorry when you start seeing the Broncos rolling around and ok by then you will be on payment #2 or 3 and the thrill will be over

(just sayin)

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
The diesel wrangler is cool but I have ZERO interest in the maintenance and repair costs associated. Every time it’s at the dealership for engine repairs outside of warranty it’s going to be a huge bill, and your local mechanic probably won’t touch it with a 10 foot pole. No thanks.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do what makes you happy... granted most folks think that only in the short term... but yeah

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Buy it!
Sponsored