Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just a couple thoughts..

1) in just a couple/few weeks, we are supposed to get notified as to when to expect our Bronco. Might wait until then before making any big choices.

2) you tube channel TrailRecon bought a diesel..the ended up getting rid of it. Has an episode as to what he liked and didn't like. Might be worth checking out.
They probably got an email that they are getting a Bronco priority order. Bye bye Jeep.
Sponsored

NativeSoCal

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch 2D Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Might be a big hit for taxes, fees, etc

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I can sympathize... This wait has just worn on people. Do what makes you happy!!

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had the 3.0 eco diesel in the wife's grand cherokee for 52k miles. She now has the 3.6 in the newer grand Cherokee and its awful here at elevation. Diesel was a beast for its size. Had we found the color and options she wanted w/ the eco diesel, that's what we would have picked up.

Sponsored

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Jeep is definitely making some exciting products. Knock them all you want but the power wagon, TRX, gladiator, V8 and 4XE wrangler and hell even the land yacht grand wagoneer is at least offering new and unique products.

Not to mention their improved powertrains and interiors, despite past reputations.

Let's be honest if Jeep wasn't selling like crazy the new bronco wouldn't even exist.

I think there is plenty of room on the trail for both a wrangler and bronco. I would love a 2 door Jeep for rock crawling and a 4 door bronco for higher speeds and more daily driving. Consumers need all the competition we can get to hopefully keep down prices a bit and keep the producers honest.

So OP I sat get both!

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cool. I drove one and hated it. Hence my order conversion

OP
OP
MSparks909

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This isnā€™t a long term purchase. Itā€™s a short term one to hold me over until the Broncoā€™s show up. I wonā€™t own this past warranty for sure šŸ˜† Havenā€™t changed my mind on the Bronco and if I do get the Jeep, then Iā€™ll switch my order to a 22ā€™ to free up a build slot and in the meantime Iā€™ll get to wheel something in the interim and itā€™ll hold its value nicely for a Bronco trade-in.

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35ā€™s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m considering it because I can have the vehicle next week. And I can start riding with the top and doors off next week too šŸ˜† If they come up with a better trade-in number Iā€™m probably going to do it. Then can trade in the Jeep on the Bronco if Iā€™m so inclined. If I had a build date things would be different.
Look at the used car thread...seems like you might get a better offer on the 250 on Carvana, carmax, KBB, etc., and could be handled within your week timeframe if so. Worth a look.

OP
OP
MSparks909

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only problem with Carfax/Carvana is that my truck is deleted...no emissions stuff anymore. They wonā€™t touch it with a 10ā€™ pole. I do know the Jeep dealer personally and I shot him a text tonight. Heā€™s gonna get back to me tomorrow with hopefully a better trade in #. And he doesnā€™t mind taking in a deleted diesel because theyā€™re usually gone in a week or two. They go fast around here.

Sponsored

Jwall

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just a couple thoughts..

1) in just a couple/few weeks, we are supposed to get notified as to when to expect our Bronco. Might wait until then before making any big choices.

2) you tube channel TrailRecon bought a diesel..the ended up getting rid of it. Has an episode as to what he liked and didn't like. Might be worth checking out.
Brad from Trailrecon traded his gladiator for a RAM 2500 power wagon and bought a wrangler diesel to add to his fleet.

Willow

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Like most of you, Iā€™m frustrated with Ford and this dumpster fire of a vehicle rollout. Day 1 Res holder, have a Badlands on order but I was planning to have it by this summer. Early summer. So I can enjoy it. With the projected delays reaching into fall and summer around the corner my impulsivity brought me to the Jeep dealership. Test drive a 3.0 Rubicon and really enjoyed it. I DD F250 so donā€™t mind solid axles and the vehicle actually rode really well. Better than I was expecting. Itā€™s no Ecoboost but it had plenty of torque, which I want. Thinking hard about trading in the truck, pushing my order to 22ā€™ and enjoying the Wrangler in the meantime. The dealer offered me a laughable amount for my truck but if they can hit what Iā€™m asking for Iā€™m strongly considering doing it. Plus, if I decide to still go through with the Bronco order in a year Iā€™ll have a solid baseline to compare it to, both on and off-road. Lifeā€™s short and I want to drive something fun. If Ford had a delivery date for me that was reasonable then Iā€™d reconsider, but all Iā€™ve gotten from my dealer is crickets. Anyone else in the same boat?
Yes we are frustratEd and have mixed up feelings with Fordā€˜s situation. We ordered Badlands so we decided to browse around Jeep. Last night my husband ordered Diesel Jeep Gladiator and we will receive it in 8 weeks. if Bronco issue still doesnā€™t work out I plan to get Diesel Jeep Rubicon šŸ™šŸ™šŸ™

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sorry no Jeep for me no matter how long the wait. Go spend the $65k on a built 66'-77' Bronco and let it appreciated over the next two years while you're waiting on the new Bronco, instead of the 2021 Jeep that will depreciate.
I really like your approach. But a ā€œbuiltā€ EB might fetch a bit more than $65k. Iā€™ve been passively looking around and as a former 74 owner, Iā€™m astonished at prices. I think itā€™s possible to get a decent EB for $65k, but a lot of what I see at that price point needs some work. Having done a complete restomod on an EB, and thinking about another as a retirement project, Iā€™m seriously considering scratch building an EB. All of the parts are out there. Anyway, good thought on your part.(y)

OP
OP
MSparks909

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, the dealership owner just called back. Weā€™re a go! Heading out of town this weekend starting tomorrow so Iā€™ll get it next Monday or Tuesday. Calling the Ford dealer in the AM to change my Bronco order to a 22ā€™ and heading over to sign some Jeep paperwork tomorrow.

Iā€™m gonna still participate here regularly and will probably keep this thread updated with my thoughts on the Jeep as I drive it for the next year or so. Any questions yā€™all have Iā€™ll do my best to answer! And yes, Iā€™ll be sure to post up wheeling pics :cool:

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Brother just swapped his 2019 Rubicon for a new Diesel model. Added tires, bumpers, aftermarket heated leather, and a warn. It is BadAss for sure. Solid Vehicle.

However, I don't understand the thinking that because there are production delays people change their mind about Broncos all together. Everyone everywhere has Production Delays!

And it is all of our fault!
If we as a nation were not so shortsighted and quiet, we could have avoided these disruptions by not letting a bunch of idiot politicians (Both Parties) shut down our economy.

So please, We all should stop blaming others (Ford, Dealers, Chip Mfgs) and remember the economy would be fine if We would start taking responsibility to Make it better.

P.S. We juts did a 3 hr trail trek to a remote part of Grand Canyon. The Jeep handled great. Trails said they required 4wd, lift and recommended lockers. I did it with a rented Jeep Compass. :)
You can wheel almost anything by picking a good line and working the pedals.
This is such an embarrassing take. Weā€™re in a GLOBAL pandemic. A global supply chain would get screwed up no matter what domestic policy decided. Additionally, the current chip shortage is made worse due to a fire. It has nothing to do with domestic politics.
Sponsored