First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is damn nice looking! What’s a reasonable price for the lift/tires? If I go Rubicon in Black/Black, i might have to consider that lift/wheels.

Come on FCA, where is my $2,500 credit for a Bronco reservation cancelation?
The Mopar lift is $1495, plus install if you can’t wrench on your own. But they’re stupid easy to install on a Jeep.

Wheels and tires are going to have A huge range depending on what you want. Figure around $3000+ for 37’s.

but doesn't the Jeep still use am outdated solid front axle and it still suffers from death wobble? along with poor on road driving manners? 392, Hellcat or Electric still wouldn't be enough for me to buy a Jeep that can't go fast (Main reason Bronco attracted me, the high speed fun). The Mojave Gladiator is proof, desert runner with solid front axle..
SFA isn’t all that bad. My 20 year old Land Rover does just fine on cross country trips. Sure it’s not as smooth or refined, but it’s perfectly accepted.

DW can be a problem, but there’s multiple fixes out there, and supposedly the ‘21’s have an iron steering box which should help.
Sponsored

Bronco88

Black Diamond
First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ve had two Jeep’s and never had death wobble. A properly tuned and maintained suspension will by death wobble. I’d bet $2 that 95% of the people in this forum could test drive an IFS vehicle and an SFA vehicle and couldn’t tell which one was which if you didn’t tell them lol
I've had countless mustangs and muscle cars, very familiar with solid axle but in the rear, don't think I would want that upfront heh.

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve had two Jeep’s and never had death wobble. A properly tuned and maintained suspension will by death wobble. I’d bet $2 that 95% of the people in this forum could test drive an IFS vehicle and an SFA vehicle and couldn’t tell which one was which if you didn’t tell them lol
Agreed.

I have had 6 Jeeps including 2 with AEV lifts. I have never had death wobble. I know it exists and others have had it but if you read this forum you would think the highways are littered with Jeeps on the side of the road with DW.

Canyonero02

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150, 2021 Jeep JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Been driving for over 20 years and just bought my first IFS vehicle last year. I've had 5 solid front axle trucks and 1 Jeep. Never had death wobble or any other handling issues. The IFS does ride nicer and is great in a half ton truck. For off-road use I'll take the solid axle. I'm not flying through the desert. I'll take better flex and simplicity.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
but doesn't the Jeep still use am outdated solid front axle and it still suffers from death wobble? along with poor on road driving manners? 392, Hellcat or Electric still wouldn't be enough for me to buy a Jeep that can't go fast (Main reason Bronco attracted me, the high speed fun). The Mojave Gladiator is proof, desert runner with solid front axle..
I don't know if you're serious or not, but the Jeep doesn't use an outdated solid front axle. It uses a currently-dated solid front axle (SFA). SFA don't inherently have death-wobble and I've never suffered from it with a number of vehicles with a SFA. You can go as fast as you want, SFA or IFS.

Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've had countless mustangs and muscle cars, very familiar with solid axle but in the rear, don't think I would want that upfront heh.
Thats because you were driving a car on a flat paved road. SFA in a off road vehicle on the rocks is a good match.

Ford Bronco Drove a JLU Rubicon on 37’s with 2.0L eTorque C621AE1D-7E4F-47DD-B949-1478C2889993

den_jkur

First Edition
First Name
Deepu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I did the math an expect to get a fully loaded 4xe Rubicon for around $50k after tax credit is accounted for. This makes it dramatically cheaper than a comparably equipped Badlands will be. I will certainly be test driving them in the Spring and may cancel my Bronco reservation too.
I just ordered a 4xe Rubicon today.

MSRP with options and destination: $61285
Sale Price: $55,008 (10% off MSRP)
Tax Incentives: $7500 (federal) + $2500 (Colorado) --> This can be claimed only while filing tax returns for 2021
Final Price after incentives: $45,157

I have a first day Bronco reservation, will decide by March whether to keep it or not based on parts availability etc..

Full calculations below:

J_Meh_Cray_D

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silverado Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just ordered a 4xe Rubicon today.

MSRP with options and destination: $61285
Sale Price: $55,008 (10% off MSRP)
Tax Incentives: $7500 (federal) + $2500 (Colorado) --> This can be claimed only while filing tax returns for 2021
Final Price after incentives: $45,157

I have a first day Bronco reservation, will decide by March whether to keep it or not based on parts availability etc..

Full calculations below:

Oh you’ve got me thinking about saying bye bye to the manual Badlands. Though I don’t think NC has anything like the Colorado rebate.
ETA: how long for delivery? I’m not smart on Jeep options. Was skytouch roof available? Any nice options you left off?

J_Meh_Cray_D

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silverado Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This thread got me thinking about why I think I need the 2.7 in my bronco. My first jeep had 180 hp. My last jeep (aev with 35 inch tires) had 285 hp. The 2.3 has what—270? And with a tune it can be closer to 400. I wonder how a tune will affect the torque. This isn’t a go fast vehicle.
This forum had me convinced I should stick with manual and just take the 2.3L. I drove the ranger and f-150 today and I will say the 2.7 was pretty damn cool. Someone tell me again the 2.3 will be alright, especially if I end up with 37” rubber.
I also test drove the Rubicon ecodiesel. Very impressive. I’m running out of time and have to make a decision. Wish I could test drive the 4xe and talk to someone smarter than me about it’s ability to handle 35” or 37” rubber

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haha it was a quick lunch time drive. Sorry.

Heres a pic from their website. I’ll be clear, they wanted $12,000 for the lift and tires.... no way I’m paying that to anybody.

Ford Bronco Drove a JLU Rubicon on 37’s with 2.0L eTorque C621AE1D-7E4F-47DD-B949-1478C2889993
That's a great looking Jeep! i am a Ford fanboy, but I do like Jeeps and enjoyed mine. I am sure with the relatively smooth roads in NC the Jeep will be ok ride wise. When I lived in GA, the Jeep ride wasn't a bother. When I moved back to MI, it was just ridiculous, but we have 3rd world roads in and around metro Detroit and that's being charitable. I hope people have a chance to experience the Bronco firsthand before they decide. Everything you have heard from the test rides and driver impressions from events like KOH is true, they are a complete leap ahead in their class. But, truth be told, I wouldn't mind that green beast in my driveway, if I didn't live in the Fallujah of road systems :)

Sponsored

den_jkur

First Edition
First Name
Deepu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

J_Meh_Cray_D

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silverado Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited:

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Only issue for me is the lack of a 2 door model. I have no need or want for a 4 door.
Other than that, I like the concept and man that green one on 37s looks SaaaWEEET!!!

but doesn't the Jeep still use am outdated solid front axle and it still suffers from death wobble? along with poor on road driving manners?
The term Death Wobble is thrown around way too much. Have you ever had a front tire lose some or all of your balance weights and felt that shimmy in the steering wheel? Was it Ideal? No, but it is no where near life threatening.
That is what a large majority of people are calling Death Wobble. It's so over sensationalized.
As the OP pointed out, and a bunch of other Jeep owners can confirm, the SFA drives extremely well on the road. Yes IFS will be slightly better, but its not earth shattering. If front SFA was as horrible as non SFA owners claim, vehicles with them would not sell.

I’ve had two Jeep’s and never had death wobble. A properly tuned and maintained suspension will not death wobble. I’d bet $2 that 95% of the people in this forum could test drive an IFS vehicle and an SFA vehicle and couldn’t tell which one was which if you didn’t tell them lol
As a former 1987 YJ owner and a 2003 TJ Rubicon owner on 37" tires, I completely agree with your statement. I bet the majority of Jeep owners, ex and current would also agree. I actually migrated to a separate Drag link and Tie Rod before Jeep changed up to the same system. On top of that, I ditched the steering stabilizer and never missed it. Proper geometry and properly torqued bolts are the key. The current jeeps have the geometry and if properly maintained should never have loose bolts.

My Boss bought the JL Rubicon when it first came out and it is a fantastic vehicle. He has had Zero issues and Zero complaints. His commute is via a highway so it is daily driven at 70-75mph 5 days/week.
Sponsored