Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Adding to my original post:

I got a quote. The big dealer who does big Wrangler deals is going 5% under invoice in the 4xe. There’s a few forced options which I would get anyway, and a forced painted hardtop ($2495) which I would not have wanted.

So my total with tax and their processing fee was just under $58k for a $62k MSRP Jeep.

By comparison my BL build with Lux, MIC and tow is $54,700 with the 2.7/auto and $51,300 with 2.3/manual. Prices from Granger with my tax and title included for my state.

Dougc39

Base
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche
Your Bronco Model
Base
This thread got me thinking about why I think I need the 2.7 in my bronco. My first jeep had 180 hp. My last jeep (aev with 35 inch tires) had 285 hp. The 2.3 has what—270? And with a tune it can be closer to 400. I wonder how a tune will affect the torque. This isn’t a go fast vehicle.

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Adding to my original post:

I got a quote. The big dealer who does big Wrangler deals is going 5% under invoice in the 4xe. There’s a few forced options which I would get anyway, and a forced painted hardtop ($2495) which I would not have wanted.

So my total with tax and their processing fee was just under $58k for a $62k MSRP Jeep.

By comparison my BL build with Lux, MIC and tow is $54,700 with the 2.7/auto and $51,300 with 2.3/manual. Prices from Granger with my tax and title included for my state.
Same dilemma here, BL vs 4xe or ecodiesel in the same price range. There’s also a 7500 rebate for the 4xe.
Bank acct: 4xe < Ecodiesel < BL
?: BL > Ecodiesel > 4xe

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Toyota Avalon, 08 Honda Civic, 01 Nissan Pathfinder, 10 3T Saab, 94 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The only way I would get the 4xe is if there is a tax credit, but I doubt that the IRS will allow it for this vehicle. Another idea to consider is look at buying it in Idaho at Peterson's (there is another dealer that has very competitive pricing). The deals are very good and a hell of a lot. Better than what I could find in Texas.

Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The 2.0 with the turbo and the etorque setup works really well. I put 35s on my JL and it still feels better for everyday driving than than my 2.3 with 32s on the ranger. The JL also drives and feels much better than a JK. Jeeps have come a long way.

The 4xe is going to be a monster if it is anything like the 2.0 and from what I have read it is much better. I'm getting the Bronco because I've wanted one forever, but the powertrain combo in the 4xe should give a better power band especially with bigger tires than the 2.7 in the bronco.

I really wish we could test drive a bronco before ordering. I am worried that even the 2.7 won't hang with the 2.0 in my jeep. The shorter gearing the Bronco should help though. If it turns out to be too laggy due to the turbos I'll be disappointed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
attworth

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only way I would get the 4xe is if there is a tax credit, but I doubt that the IRS will allow it for this vehicle. Another idea to consider is look at buying it in Idaho at Peterson's (there is another dealer that has very competitive pricing). The deals are very good and a hell of a lot. Better than what I could find in Texas.
It does qualify for the full $7500. I do not, as my tax liability is nil for reasons.

OP
OP
attworth

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 2.0 with the turbo and the etorque setup works really well. I put 35s on my JL and it still feels better for everyday driving than than my 2.3 with 32s on the ranger. The JL also drives and feels much better than a JK. Jeeps have come a long way.

The 4xe is going to be a monster if it is anything like the 2.0 and from what I have read it is much better. I'm getting the Bronco because I've wanted one forever, but the powertrain combo in the 4xe should give a better power band especially with bigger tires than the 2.7 in the bronco.

I really wish we could test drive a bronco before ordering. I am worried that even the 2.7 won't hang with the 2.0 in my jeep. The shorter gearing the Bronco should help though. If it turns out to be too laggy due to the turbos I'll be disappointed.
The 2.3 is very similar to the 2.0, and has more torque. I have no doubt either Bronco engine will be just fine. Gear ratios in the autos are similar as well.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4xe Rubicon, 375 hp, 450 lb-ft of torque, 50 mpg, 4:1 full-time 4WD t-case. Hitting dealers in the first quarter of 2021. Not bad Jeep-Jeep.

Sponsored

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Haha it was a quick lunch time drive. Sorry.

Heres a pic from their website. I’ll be clear, they wanted $12,000 for the lift and tires.... no way I’m paying that to anybody.

C7EE74D1-7419-4A36-98F4-7E328C62C936.jpeg
That is damn nice looking! What’s a reasonable price for the lift/tires? If I go Rubicon in Black/Black, i might have to consider that lift/wheels.

Come on FCA, where is my $2,500 credit for a Bronco reservation cancelation?

Nova

Wildtrak
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
velar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Per the title. I’ve been eyeing the 4xe purely for economic reasons. With a good under invoice deal, a loaded 4xe should cost me about the same as a BL, Lux, 2.7, non squatch. I figured it was worth a chance to look.

First off, Jeep’s new color for this year, Sarge Green, is absolutely gorgeous. It’s not quite a military drab, or olive, and definitely not an electric green. It’s dark in the shade and pretty bright in the sun. Paired with tan leather seats, it’s my ideal color.

This particular Jeep was a Rubicon, with a 2” Mopar lift, and 37” Nitto Ridge Grapplers on Mopar beadlock capable wheels. It had the 2.0L turbo, which is the basis for the 4xe.

Engine: that 2.0L has plenty of power. It’s rated similarly to the 2.3L in the Bronco. Even pushing 37’s with stock 4.10’s, it had plenty of juice. Highway and city were perfectly fine and even “peppy.” The downside: it sounds super “tinny,” like you’d Expect from a 4 cylinder. The turbo sounds were nice though. I don’t recall the tinny-ness from a ranger test drive, but that’s likely due to insulation and form factor IMO, because outside the vehicle they sound very similar. Overall, I feel I’d be happy with the 2.0L, and paired with a hybrid it’s probably a great power train, even on 37’s.

Ride: This shocked me. It rode really, really well. I haven’t driven a JL yet, but regularly have access to a JK on 37’s and have driven other Jeeps lifted, stock, mud tires, AT’s etc. The JLU on a decent suspension and quality tires blew me away. No doubt the Bronco will be even better with IFS, but I was quite impressed. Obviously my 20 year old Land Rover with a SFA doesn’t hold a candle.

Interior: I’ve been inside one before, so no surprises. The interior is very nice for a vehicle with this capability. Those leather seats were supple and comfortable, and there was plenty of room for me at 6’-0”, 190 lbs. I sat behind myself and it was comfortable enough. Kids would be fine. There’s also rear AC vents. The rear storage area is similar to the Bronco 4D. I saw the overlander in TN, and I’d probably give a slight nod to the Bronco in all interior space openness feeling metrics aside from rear seat leg room, where they seem the same. (Without published numbers this is hard to verify, just going off my eyeballs.)

Overall, I don’t think this helped my decision any. I don’t have brand loyalty, so those in that camp may say the FCA can go burn. I was very impressed overall with the Jeep. With a 7.5% under invoice deal, and an excellent green option, I could see myself driving one next year. For now, I’m going to order my Bronco and see where things go. If I get an estimated delivery date in CY2022 (08ish Jul 15 res) I’ll likely go order a Jeep, wait 5-6 weeks, and be riding “by Spring”.
Ford are you listening? People are shopping around! Just give us the rear A/C foe God sake is it that hard? 72k canadian and no rear vents omg

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I did the math an expect to get a fully loaded 4xe Rubicon for around $50k after tax credit is accounted for. This makes it dramatically cheaper than a comparably equipped Badlands will be. I will certainly be test driving them in the Spring and may cancel my Bronco reservation too.

Bronco88

Black Diamond
First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I did the math an expect to get a fully loaded 4xe Rubicon for around $50k after tax credit is accounted for. This makes it dramatically cheaper than a comparably equipped Badlands will be. I will certainly be test driving them in the Spring and may cancel my Bronco reservation too.
but doesn't the Jeep still use am outdated solid front axle and it still suffers from death wobble? along with poor on road driving manners? 392, Hellcat or Electric still wouldn't be enough for me to buy a Jeep that can't go fast (Main reason Bronco attracted me, the high speed fun). The Mojave Gladiator is proof, desert runner with solid front axle..

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
but doesn't the Jeep still use am outdated solid front axle and it still suffers from death wobble? along with poor on road driving manners? 392, Hellcat or Electric still wouldn't be enough for me to buy a Jeep that can't go fast (Main reason Bronco attracted me, the high speed fun). The Mojave Gladiator is proof, desert runner with solid front axle..
I’ve had two Jeep’s and never had death wobble. A properly tuned and maintained suspension will not death wobble. I’d bet $2 that 95% of the people in this forum could test drive an IFS vehicle and an SFA vehicle and couldn’t tell which one was which if you didn’t tell them lol
Sponsored

Last edited: