First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s ironic that you bumped this thread as I just got back from a 2 night trip in the bronco and I’m considering my next move again.

I’ve seen the AAL setup, I’m considering going with other products from them. I also need to upgrade/downsize my current compressor setup and that mount is a viable option. If I end up going with the AAL setup I’ll gladly do a review/update this post.
Sponsored

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, driving down to meet them and they are doing the install, and I am paying for it.
My old F250 had a great deep cell bank installed and I used it for years- until the tweekers stole the truck and stripped a lot of it away. I did recover it and have been slowly renewing it. Bronco distracted the process of the f250 rebuild.

I will share how it all goes and what all I have done.

Last edited:

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Bowzer6G @Who iz Looking forward to both your reviews. I need the compressor more than the power bank, but interesting nonetheless. Especially wiring.

OP
OP
Bowzer6G

Bowzer6G

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, driving down to meet them and they are doing the install, and I am paying for it.
My old F250 had a great deep cell bank installed and I used it for years- until the tweekers stole the truck and stripped a lot of it away. I did recover it and have been slowly renewing it. Bronco distracted the process of the f250 rebuild.
Are you getting another products installed by AAL? Let us know what you do with jack, remount or replace?

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As promised an UPDATE:

Returned last Sunday from a truly fantastic Bronco road and trail trip.
Started out with less than 700 miles on the Bronco - finished with over 3200 miles.
Purposely took byways I had not traveled before.
Drove the Bronco on an exploratory 'maiden voyage' thru the burning forests of Oregon and California 'down south' to visit the clear and beautiful high deserts of Nevada, Utah, & Arizona.
Had already prearranged and scheduled with the crew at American Adventure Labs to have them install and wire their custom Quad lithium battery bracket and system, with the Redarc BCDC 1240 Charger -all of which is completely tucked and hidden under the Bronco's rear floor boards. The American Adventure Lab crew also Installed a battery cutoff switch on a custom bronco bracket (they designed) which includes an 60 amp fuse and a Blue Sea battery cutoff switch that is mounted under the Bronco (drivers side) hood. The system is regulated and wired both to the Bronco's under hood starting battery and to an inverter on a Molle panel in the back cargo area for running power.
Previously had a similar system in an F250 installed years ago and really enjoyed the power to run remotely led lights, tools, and gadgets.
Technology today has made this even better and with a significantly smaller foot print.

The owner and crew at American Adventure Lab were professional, friendly, down to earth, and easy to talk to and work with. They listened to their customer!
Highly recommend their product and services.

My perspective is this is a great American company with down to earth real people that actually care about professional service and designing traditional American quality custom products. All they are missing is a bar and lounge 😆to have R&R and adult beverages!
>>> images will follow as I have the time.

https://americanadventurelab.com

(I paid them to install the products...they did not pay me to report to this forum!)

Last edited:

Sponsored

jandro

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
x1, c30
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As promised an UPDATE:

Started out with less than 700 miles on the Bronco - finished with over 3200 miles. Purposly took byways I had not traveled before.
Drove the Bronco on an exploratory 'maiden voyage' thru the burning forests of Oregon and California 'down south' to visit the clear and beautiful high deserts of Nevada, Utah, & Arizona.
Had already prearranged and scheduled with the crew at American Adventure Labs to have them install and wire their custom Quad lithium battery bracket and system, with the Redarc BCDC 1240 Charger -all of which is completely tucked and hidden under the Bronco's rear floor boards. The American Adventure Lab crew also Installed a battery cutoff switch on a custom bronco bracket (they designed) which includes an 60 amp fuse and a Blue Sea battery cutoff switch that is mounted under the Bronco (drivers side) hood. The system is regulated and wired both to the Bronco's under hood starting battery and to an inverter on a Molle panel in the back cargo area for running power.
Previously had a similar system in an F250 installed years ago and really enjoyed the power to run remotely led lights, tools, and gadgets.
Technology today has made this even better and with a significantly smaller foot print.

The owner and crew at American Adventure Lab were professional, friendly, down to earth, and easy to talk to and work with. They listened to their customer!

My perspective is this is a great American company with down to earth real people that actually care about professional service and designing traditional American quality custom products. All they are missing is a bar and lounge 😆to have R&R and adult beverages!

(I paid them to install the products...they did not pay me to report to this forum!)
Can you post some pics of your install? Thinking of doing almost the same exact setup.

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you getting another products installed by AAL? Let us know what you do with jack, remount or replace?
The OEM jack and funnel is still where Ford designed it all to be.
Only the 'extra area' is filled in with the new accessories.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As promised an UPDATE:

Started out with less than 700 miles on the Bronco - finished with over 3200 miles.
Purposely took byways I had not traveled before.

Can you post some pics of your install? Thinking of doing almost the same exact setup.
I second the request for some pics. I ordered the main mount along with four battery mounts and the Redarc mount, but would love to see how AAL wired it all.

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will -but it will have to be a while, traveling and currently separated from Bronco, I sincerely apologize...Will ask a friend with nice camera to take some images in November once I am reunited with the truck...for now my F250 and I are out wheeling and preoccupied. My laptop and I can't take the images while traveling and not near the Bronco of wonder.
Pretty sure AAL would share some images they took if you asked? They treated me really well.
https://americanadventurelab.com/wp.../Bronco-Aux-Battery-Compressor-Bracket-25.jpg

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I will -but it will have to be a while, traveling and currently separated from Bronco, I sincerely apologize...Will ask a friend with nice camera to take some images in November once I am reunited with the truck...for now my F250 and I are out wheeling and preoccupied. My laptop and I can't take the images while traveling and not near the Bronco of wonder.
Pretty sure AAL would share some images they took if you asked? They treated me really well.
https://americanadventurelab.com/wp.../Bronco-Aux-Battery-Compressor-Bracket-25.jpg

Looks very clean and a good use of dead space. Is it set up to accept solar too? What's the approximate cost of the kit?

Sponsored

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks very clean and a good use of dead space. Is it set up to accept solar too? What's the approximate cost of the kit?
Yes, it is already set up and pre-wired for solar.
Although for the $olar-I need to earn a few more coins before I can afford that- and a fancy electric freezer. The AAL quad install completed was over 2k...For a good solar array and a quality fridge/freezer it will be at least that much again. For now simply happy running lights, charging tools and electric gadgets remotely. That is what I am used to doing anyway. Now at least I am glowing in the dark Oregon outback again!
No complaints yet....It is way better than my older 2 giant deep cell set up that I use to have in a full size tool box in the F250 bed for the last 15+ years. I am liking Lithium much better. Will now see how they hold up and last.

jandro

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
x1, c30
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have some pics of what i think is your build that AAL shared with me a while ago. Didn't want to post them here as it's not my truck but if you want me to put them up while you're traveling I'd be happy to.

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have some pics of what i think is your build that AAL shared with me a while ago. Didn't want to post them here as it's not my truck but if you want me to put them up while you're traveling I'd be happy to.
Thanks for checking and offering to post the images. I am glad they shared their work-I did give them my permission to do so.
Please feel free to post images of the Bronco and their install, not an issue with me-as long as my ugly mug is excluded🦍!

jandro

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
x1, c30
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for checking and offering to post the images. I am glad they shared their work-I did give them my permission to do so.
Please feel free to post images of the Bronco and their install, not an issue with me-as long as my ugly mug is excluded🦍!
Ford Bronco Dual Battery Setups vs Portable Power supply 20220913_183143
Ford Bronco Dual Battery Setups vs Portable Power supply 20220913_182942 - Copy
Ford Bronco Dual Battery Setups vs Portable Power supply 20220913_182954
Ford Bronco Dual Battery Setups vs Portable Power supply 20220913_182952 - Copy
Ford Bronco Dual Battery Setups vs Portable Power supply 20220913_183135
Ford Bronco Dual Battery Setups vs Portable Power supply 20220913_183150

robepa

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2006 Tacoma, 2020 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am working on installing the same setup, I have had a few issues that so far AAL has been responsive and helpful about, I am waiting for a reply on the latest issue and will prob give them a call today. The first bracket they sent out was too large and did not fit, they sent an updated bracket no questions or hassle but that one did not have the countersink chamfer so I had to add it myself (trip to the hardware store and a $20 bit).

The issue I am having now is the bracket for the charger positions it too high (~1") to clear the floor.
Ford Bronco Dual Battery Setups vs Portable Power supply 1671643810634
Sponsored